FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
Jan 8, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #4,576 of 7,088
  Hello, I am enjoying a Fiio X5 II and the sound quality is brutal in comparison to the iPod Classic that had.

I have a question about recharging the battery. I use a USB charger with DC 5.3V, 2A. This USB charger came with the Samsung Galaxy Note III. I read that Fiio recommended DC 5V, 2A. Is it recommended to continue using USB charger with DC 5.3V, 2A?

I also have a question about whether it is better to wait for fully discharging the battery to recharge it fully.

I also have a question about whether it is better to wait for fully discharging the battery to recharge it fully.

Never recharge and fully discharge. It damages the battery. There are articles on many sites on this one. 

I have no ideea if you are ok with that charger, but use a usb port for safety

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #4,577 of 7,088
It's alright to completely drain your battery at least once a month.. But in general, yes, you don't want to discharge them to the point your device cuts off.. It causes the batteries to strain themselves too much. Not sure if any of you all "Vape" with Mechanical mods, but the difference between a fully charged battery and a battery that's down to about 2.8v from 4.2v is tremendous.. It barely fires the coil.. So consider the same for your electronics.. The capacitors are having to pump the same electrical current with a weakend source.

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #4,579 of 7,088
Hi all, I have a serious issue with my new Fiio right now. I connected my Fiio today to work on organizing folders and on the screen of the Fiio it visibly was malfunctioning, it showed the welcome screen but very slowly and choppily, and then it went black. Usually when you connect to the computer it just shows the USB connected message. Sure enough, something was wrong. It wouldn't let me click in to either of the drives, it said they weren't connected, though they showed up on my PC. So I ejected both of them, and disconnected the Fiio, as I usually do. I restarted the Fiio, it seemed to be working fine, and so I plugged it back in again. Now, only the F drive is actually showing up as connected and showing how much data is on it. The E drive just shows that it is connected, but when I clicked on it I got a message: "you need to format the disc in drive E before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" I'm leaving the screen as is at the moment cause I don't want to take any wrong steps here. I've spent the majority of my free time these past two weeks getting all my music onto the drives and then organizing it within the drives. This includes three days where I spent basically all of my waking hours doing this. I simply won't be able to do this again. If the music is lost, then I will have to return the Fiio, unfortunately.

So I would like to know what options I have for recovery, or how I can precede without losing the files and folders I've set up on this drive. What should I do?

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #4,580 of 7,088
  Dobrescu George,
I will try mp3tag. Thanks!

Thanks for all the help guys. Sorry, for derailing with my first gen issues. 

No problem, I also had a hard time when I first got into using the first gen, and learning to use all software to set it up. Basically, this stands true with all hobbies, I am getting into gaming and video (watching videos in very high quality and setting up the best video player in a computer) and is way harder than music playback.

Hi all, I have a serious issue with my new Fiio right now. I connected my Fiio today to work on organizing folders and on the screen of the Fiio it visibly was malfunctioning, it showed the welcome screen but very slowly and choppily, and then it went black. Usually when you connect to the computer it just shows the USB connected message. Sure enough, something was wrong. It wouldn't let me click in to either of the drives, it said they weren't connected, though they showed up on my PC. So I ejected both of them, and disconnected the Fiio, as I usually do. I restarted the Fiio, it seemed to be working fine, and so I plugged it back in again. Now, only the F drive is actually showing up as connected and showing how much data is on it. The E drive just shows that it is connected, but when I clicked on it I got a message: "you need to format the disc in drive E before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" I'm leaving the screen as is at the moment cause I don't want to take any wrong steps here. I've spent the majority of my free time these past two weeks getting all my music onto the drives and then organizing it within the drives. This includes three days where I spent basically all of my waking hours doing this. I simply won't be able to do this again. If the music is lost, then I will have to return the Fiio, unfortunately.

So I would like to know what options I have for recovery, or how I can precede without losing the files and folders I've set up on this drive. What should I do?

Well...

1. Did you format the card in X5II before starting copying?

2. Did you safely remove microsds, and/or X5II before disconnecting?

3. Mac or Windows?

4. Did you try hard reset? [Keep power pressed for a long time]

5. If none of these helps, you can always use a software for data recovery, recover data, then paste it again on microsd, after formatting. 

6. Try to eject the microsd, hard reset, update media library [without cards], turn off, insert cards, then see if file browsing works with both microsds.

7. Usually these problems are caused by a improper disconnect from computer, and it is a pain on some systems [I set mine to not keep connected to devices, and let me disconnect any time without problems, in windows the setting for this is not straightforward, in other OS, might be impossible. 

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #4,581 of 7,088
1. Yes. I got the X5II two weeks ago, and formatted both cards inside the Fiio. Since then I have loaded up the cards with music, used the player to listen to music, and continually been working on organizing music folders within my SD cards.

2. By safely remove, do you mean ejecting each card before disconnecting? If so, yes i do.

3. Windows

4. No. Right now I'm concerned about disconnecting the Fiio from the computer, as I still have the message box I described above up and I don't want to make a wrong choice, or improperly disconnect it and mess things up further. Is a hard reset something I can do while its connected to the computer?

5. If it comes to this, which software would you recommend? I've found a lot of these types of software after a quick search.

6. So to be clear, I should select "cancel" in the box that is asking me to either "format disk" or "cancel". Then I should eject the player from the computer, then physically eject the cards from the Fiio. At this point I should update the media library, while the card slots are both empty, turn it off and while it is still off insert the cards. Then should I see if file browsing works within the Fiio (I would expect not as wouldn't I have to again update the media library now with the cards inside the Fiio?), or should I connect to my computer again and see if file browsing works on the computer?

7. I'm ejecting the cards by right clicking each, selecting eject, and once I get the message that both are safe to eject, unplugging the USB cable. Would this be considered improper? If so, any advice on how to do it the proper way on a Windows 8 OS? 

Thank you

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #4,582 of 7,088
6. So to be clear, I should select "cancel" in the box that is asking me to either "format disk" or "cancel". Then I should eject the player from the computer, then physically eject the cards from the Fiio. At this point I should update the media library, while the card slots are both empty, turn it off and while it is still off insert the cards. Then should I see if file browsing works within the Fiio (I would expect not as wouldn't I have to again update the media library now with the cards inside the Fiio?), or should I connect to my computer again and see if file browsing works on the computer?

Cancel, eject the player, eject the cards, then put the defective card in a dedicated card reader and connect that to your computer. Let me know what the computer says then.

Sorry for the trouble you're having.

Best regards,
FiiO

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 8, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #4,583 of 7,088
I don't have a card reader. However, as someone advised in a different thread, I canceled, ejected the player, ejected the cards, and swapped their positions in the card drives on the Fiio. Then I reconnected the Fiio to the computer. Now, suddenly, I'm able to access both drives, and all my files are there. It would appear that all is well. However, I would like to find out what caused this problem, and how I can prevent it from happening in the future.

One key thing to note. When I removed the case from the Fiio so I could physically eject the cards, the card that was in drive E (the one I was having problems with) was already partially ejected. Its possible this just happened accidentally as I was removing the case. However, it seems to me this could have accidentally happened maybe earlier today, and that's what caused my problems of today. It seems like an obvious answer. But I want to make sure this really is the cause of these problems. If the E drive really was partially ejected the whole time, then why did I have problems accessing my F drive as well?

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #4,584 of 7,088
I do not see the part where you were having trouble accessing F.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #4,585 of 7,088
When I first connected the Fiio today,both drives showed up as inaccessible. Upon ejecting, I reconnected and now the F drive showed up (by this I mean, it showed X Gb out of 119 Gb..) but when clicking on it it just froze the file browser. The E drive only showed up as an empty icon (meaning, no mention of data on it at all) and at this point when I clicked it I got the message about formatting

Jan 8, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #4,586 of 7,088
Sorted through pm. :)

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #4,587 of 7,088
I just got the X5ii and love it.

I have a few minor quibbles though. (first time I ever used this word...I swear:))

I'm hoping there's an easier way to access the EQ settings than clicking return a few times and scrolling to the setup.
It would also be great to just push a button to see how much charge is left.

And dare I say it on an Audio forum?..I hope we can download some more themes in the future (if something like this is possible)
I find the alternative themes too folksy and I hate the color red (even on speedometers).
While the player looks great you won't find a Blue Jean theme on a A&K. (at least I hope)

I know this is minor so please no bashing.

Edit~Is there a good size to make the cover in Paint.net to show the entire picture on the X5ii?

Jan 8, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #4,588 of 7,088

I have a few minor quibbles though. (first time I ever used this word...I swear:))

I'm hoping there's an easier way to access the EQ settings than clicking return a few times and scrolling to the setup.

And dare I say it on an Audio forum?..I hope we can download some more themes in the future (if something like this is possible)
I find the alternative themes too folksy and I hate the color red (even on speedometers).
While the player looks great you won't find a Blue Jean theme on a A&K. (at least I hope)

I know this is minor so please no bashing.

Edit~Is there a good size to make the cover in Paint.net to show the entire picture on the X5ii?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/771221/fiio-x5-ii-custom-themes-thread#post_11680988

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #4,590 of 7,088

quote]

The easiest way in my opinion is to hold the return button to take you to the home screen, then scroll over to the Audio settings.. I have come to know the Return button as a form of "Home Button"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back