FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread
Dec 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #151 of 206
No mention in your original post about turning the device off.  
wink_face.gif

Go into Play Settings.  It will allow you to restart at last Off/Song/Last Position.

Nope, just tried it with Song selected, one press takes you back to Menu.

YOU can try with Last Position selected.

But it may just take you back to Menu as well.

So, don't turn it off or just deal.  Not the worst thing in the world.
smile.gif

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #152 of 206
  No mention in your original post about turning the device off.  
wink_face.gif

Go into Play Settings.  It will allow you to restart at last Off/Song/Last Position.

Nope, just tried it with Song selected, one press takes you back to Menu.

YOU can try with Last Position selected.

But it may just take you back to Menu as well.

So, don't turn it off or just deal.  Not the worst thing in the world.
smile.gif

It gets even crazier here: everything works fine until I pause the song then all backward navigation is gone. The top right button brings me back straight to the main menu.
confused_face_2.gif

(regardless which option was chosen: Off / Last position / Song)

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #153 of 206

Top right button should take you up (back) 1 level per 1 push.  If I navigate using Folders, I choose an album then a song.  I play the song.  I can push the upper right button and it will take me back to the album folder, and one more push takes me back to Folder view.  

You can try using subfolders of the same artist (The Beatles has all the Beatles albums in it) and that might work for you.

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately that's not the case if I Power Off the player.
If I go for a new CD/song it works as you described no problem.
But after Power Off and restart all the backward navigation is gone.
Please try that on your player and see if it's the case or just my
problem. Very strange.

it works to go back up the folder tree when you did nothing after going in and picking the song. if you go to the main page, change the EQ or navigate anywhere then go back the the now playing page, then you lose the ability to go back up. turning it off is just another thing not to do ^_^.
it's not a bug in the sense that all FIIO DAPs work that way. but it certainly is annoying from time to time.

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #154 of 206

it works to go back up the folder tree when you did nothing after going in and picking the song. if you go to the main page, change the EQ or navigate anywhere then go back the the now playing page, then you lose the ability to go back up. turning it off is just another thing not to do ^_^.
it's not a bug in the sense that all FIIO DAPs work that way. but it certainly is annoying from time to time.

Thanks guys!
Probably that will be fixed in another life or on another planet
bigsmile_face.gif
beerchug.gif

Dec 28, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #155 of 206
Another option that should be interesting to have in now playing screen among file name and title should be 'artist - title', that's important specially while playing compilation cue files where none of the available options give all needed info.

And please, don't forget X1 users, and give us soon the next folder play option.

Thanks

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #156 of 206
Hi everyone just got my X1 with firmware 1.2 so is there no need to update to 1.1 firmware? I cant believe all the accessories that come with this for the price. Thanks for any info about the firmware.

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #158 of 206
Yep, don't downgrade.
normal_smile .gif

The 1.2 comes with the new devices but hasn't been released yet.  So you are a lucky one and should cherish it.  

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #160 of 206
Finally put some WAV files on the X1 stacked with the Fiio E07K and SHure SRH840 the clarity is unreal with this combo(at home listening). Using just the X1 and UE 900S is going to be my new portable rig and I couldn't be happier.

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #161 of 206

Top right button should take you up (back) 1 level per 1 push.  If I navigate using Folders, I choose an album then a song.  I play the song.  I can push the upper right button and it will take me back to the album folder, and one more push takes me back to Folder view.  

You can try using subfolders of the same artist (The Beatles has all the Beatles albums in it) and that might work for you.

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately that's not the case if I Power Off the player.
If I go for a new CD/song it works as you described no problem.
But after Power Off and restart all the backward navigation is gone.
Please try that on your player and see if it's the case or just my
problem. Very strange.

Hello,
This is the expected behaviour with current firmware. We hope to release new firmware for the X1 soon where the backward navigation memory gets better. :)

Best regards,
Joe for FiiO

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #163 of 206
5800 tracks and you speak of limit?? If you listen to 1 album a day it cost you almost 2 years to hear everything:blush:

This is the argument, ongoing, between MP3 users who want to dump 20,000 songs on the device and the folks who want 16bit or 24bit files in the best quality possible and have no issue with having more than a few thousand songs on the device.  I did the math here at one point (there's a post somewhere) and 20,000 songs in MP3 quality would take, at an average of four hours of listening a day, about half a year to get through without repeats.

HOWEVER, some folks want ALL their music library on their device.  It's a user choice.  And it's their device.  Fiio (and other companies) make choices as to how to implement firmware to handle the needs of disparate users.  Many of us have different viewpoints and consumer needs, and Fiio will try to make as many people happy as possible without ruining the device.

However, I do agree with you.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #164 of 206
Hello,
This is the expected behaviour with current firmware. We hope to release new firmware for the X1 soon where the backward navigation memory gets better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Best regards,
Joe for FiiO

Thanks Joe, I guess the backward navigation should be a given feature. Looking forward the updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back