FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread
Dec 17, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #136 of 206
Just got my x1 in last week, came stock with firmware 1.2, I wonder what changes have been made from 1.1, anyone know?

Dec 17, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #137 of 206
  It's not an iPod.  If you want that kind of behavior it might make more sense to find a player that has the behaviors you desire.  The X1 plays music with very good fidelity, but it's not (yet if ever) going to play music  the way you seem to want it to.  

I don't follow. Could you elaborate?

(assuming you were replying to my earlier comment)

Dec 17, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #138 of 206
Just got my x1 in last week, came stock with firmware 1.2, I wonder what changes have been made from 1.1, anyone know?

Just some bug fixes, apparently. That's why they haven't bothered to release it publicly.

Quote:
  I don't follow. Could you elaborate?

(assuming you were replying to my earlier comment)

I think he means that if you're after a specific feature, then buy a device that has said feature. No device will fit your exact needs. No device will have every single feature that you desire. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices, especially if the device is only $100.

Dec 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #141 of 206
Not hidden.  But asked for a bunch of times.
smile.gif

Dec 26, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #142 of 206
I want to thank all of you enthusiasts for all the pertinent information on the X!. I bought one and have had it for about a week with a sandisk 64g card. I play flac files in 44.1/16, 96/24 and sacd converted to 192/24 and they all sound remarkable with this little player. What a bargain for $100 and couldn't be happier. I'm getting close to 11 hours playtime per charge.
Thanks all,

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #143 of 206
Hi, got my X1 for Xmas. So far so good, once. Feature which is bugging me is that when scrolling through songs/albums it does not skip to the next letter in the alaphbet, similar to an ipod, which makes searching rather protracted.

I know that it's not n iPod but a similar feature would be helpful.

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #146 of 206
Hi, got my X1 for Xmas. So far so good, once. Feature which is bugging me is that when scrolling through songs/albums it does not skip to the next letter in the alaphbet, similar to an ipod, which makes searching rather protracted.

I know that it's not n iPod but a similar feature would be helpful.

Arrange it into folders/subfolders and navigation gets easier.  Either by alpha or by artist or by genre.  Then you can choose the folder and makes choices.  Many of us use Folder view to make things easier to find/select. 

And no, it's not an iPod.  doesn't sound like one, either. 
smile.gif

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #147 of 206
Sorry if it was answered (or solved) but can't find anything about this:
After playing a song I'm unable to navigate backwards the same way as
I got to this specific song. It goes back to the main screen skipping all the
steps between which is annoying if I'd like to play a different CD from  the
same artist. Since I have a few hundred artists on my list I have to scroll
through the artists folders again all the time I want to play a new CD from them.

So it looks like:
Main menu >> Browse Folders/Files  >> Artists Folder >> CD >> song

All I'm asking is to make it possible to go:
song >> CD >> Artist >> All Folders

Is it possible? I'm using Firmware 1.1

Thanks,

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #148 of 206
Top right button should take you up (back) 1 level per 1 push.  If I navigate using Folders, I choose an album then a song.  I play the song.  I can push the upper right button and it will take me back to the album folder, and one more push takes me back to Folder view.  

You can try using subfolders of the same artist (The Beatles has all the Beatles albums in it) and that might work for you.

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #149 of 206
  Top right button should take you up (back) 1 level per 1 push.  If I navigate using Folders, I choose an album then a song.  I play the song.  I can push the upper right button and it will take me back to the album folder, and one more push takes me back to Folder view.  

You can try using subfolders of the same artist (The Beatles has all the Beatles albums in it) and that might work for you.

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately that's not the case if I Power Off the player.
If I go for a new CD/song it works as you described no problem.
But after Power Off and restart all the backward navigation is gone.
Please try that on your player and see if it's the case or just my
problem. Very strange.

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #150 of 206

Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately that's not the case if I Power Off the player.
If I go for a new CD/song it works as you described no problem.
But after Power Off and restart all the backward navigation is gone.
Please try that on your player and see if it's the case or just my
problem. Very strange.

I believe that is because of the Resume Playback feature. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back