FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread
Jan 2, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #166 of 206
I just got the X1 a couple of days ago I have a bunch of MP3 on there also. Does anyone now why when I play any of my music it shows up 44.1khz/16bit even on all my MP3's?

Jan 2, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #168 of 206
  I just got the X1 a couple of days ago I have a bunch of MP3 on there also. Does anyone now why when I play any of my music it shows up 44.1khz/16bit even on all my MP3's?

because the DAP doesn't make a difference between bitrate and sample rate. once your mp3 is converted to PCM by the CPU, it's indeed some 16/44 signal.
so it's wrong because mp3 isn't really working like pcm for the way it's encoding, but the value is still significant. I have some mp3s for audiobook that have less than 44khz and the DAP tells me that right value. same for 24/96 flac. the DAP does know what it's reading, it just has only the PCM way to express it to you.

Jan 4, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #171 of 206
  Hello Just got an X1 from Amazon and the FW version says  X1 FW1.2 does that sound right? I figured it would need to be upgraded but guess not.

Yes, 1.2 is the latest, but has not been released publicly. Reason being that there is not much difference between 1.1 and 1.2 so FiiO felt no need to release it.

Jan 4, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #172 of 206
This might be a stupid question as I am used to my Apple gear and iTunes, but I expect my X1 to come soon, early next week, so my question is,can I transfer my iTunes Library to the X1? I have only one FLAC download on my PC straight from ReR, so no idea if this will work to, simply no experience, but I thought, for the price I take the risk.

Jan 4, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #173 of 206
  This might be a stupid question as I am used to my Apple gear and iTunes, but I expect my X1 to come soon, early next week, so my question is,can I transfer my iTunes Library to the X1? I have only one FLAC download on my PC straight from ReR, so no idea if this will work to, simply no experience, but I thought, for the price I take the risk.

Are you referring to music you purchased directly from the iTunes Store? If so, I don't think you'll be able to transfer to the X1 without stripping the DRM. If it's DRM-free music that you imported to sync yo your Apple devices, then yes, you can drag albums/songs from iTunes to your X1/memory card.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #174 of 206
  Are you referring to music you purchased directly from the iTunes Store? If so, I don't think you'll be able to transfer to the X1 without stripping the DRM. If it's DRM-free music that you imported to sync yo your Apple devices, then yes, you can drag albums/songs from iTunes to your X1/memory card.

Yes, purchased music from iTunes, there are some other WIMP purchased albums who I play on i Tunes. But it seems I have to download Hi-Res .Flac albums from another source on my pc, before getting them on the X1? I have one FLAC recording on my PC, so will try that one out, as soon as my X1 comes in.

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #175 of 206
  Yes, purchased music from iTunes, there are some other WIMP purchased albums who I play on i Tunes. But it seems I have to download Hi-Res .Flac albums from another source on my pc, before getting them on the X1? I have one FLAC recording on my PC, so will try that one out, as soon as my X1 comes in.

From doing some Google-ing, it seems iTunes-purchased music doesn't have DRM anymore, so you should be able to transfer those songs to your X1/memory card. I wasn't aware of that, haha.

However, if you want your music in lossless format, then you'll need to download your stuff again as music from iTunes is in 256kbps AAC.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #176 of 206

I was an Apple fan (iTunes & iPod Classic Video 80GB). 
So I have a lot of music in aac 256 kbps and also purchased music from iTunes. If you bought it at a bitrate of 256 kbps, it is DRM-free (but with you e-mailadres encoded in the tags), you can transfer it without any problem via copy/pate into the micro SD cart and play your music.

If you purchased older music from iTunes at a bitrate of 128 kbps? That music is not DRM free and can't be played by the X1.

I have a card with mixed music on it: mp3 (320 kbps), aac (256 kbps) bought from iTunes, aac (256 kbps) ripped from CD, ALAC (ripped from CD), FLAC (ripped from CD) and it all plays togeteher like a good jukebox without any problems, except sometimes with a hearable click when switching from type to another type of music (aac, mp3, ...)

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #177 of 206
The device clicks as it changes from one encoding type to another.  At least it does between "normal" and hi-res.  I expect that is what you are hearing (minus the hi-res, of course).  

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #178 of 206

I was an Apple fan (iTunes & iPod Classic Video 80GB). 
So I have a lot of music in aac 256 kbps and also purchased music from iTunes. If you bought it at a bitrate of 256 kbps, it is DRM-free (but with you e-mailadres encoded in the tags), you can transfer it without any problem via copy/pate into the micro SD cart and play your music.

If you purchased older music from iTunes at a bitrate of 128 kbps? That music is not DRM free and can't be played by the X1.

I have a card with mixed music on it: mp3 (320 kbps), aac (256 kbps) bought from iTunes, aac (256 kbps) ripped from CD, ALAC (ripped from CD), FLAC (ripped from CD) and it all plays togeteher like a good jukebox without any problems, except sometimes with a hearable click when switching from type to another type of music (aac, mp3, ...)

Thx, this is really helpfull, well I am still an Apple fan, and I am still happy with my iPod Touch, but it is full, and so is my iPhone, so time for something else / extra, and at this price I am prepared to take the risk, I am spoiled with the easyness iTunes works, I download the music on my PC, and automaticly the music gets transferred to my iPod/ iPhone.
If it works great, than I might even think of the forthcoming X7.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #179 of 206
  From doing some Google-ing, it seems iTunes-purchased music doesn't have DRM anymore, so you should be able to transfer those songs to your X1/memory card. I wasn't aware of that, haha.

However, if you want your music in lossless format, then you'll need to download your stuff again as music from iTunes is in 256kbps AAC.

Thx
beerchug.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #180 of 206
  Thx, this is really helpfull, well I am still an Apple fan, and I am still happy with my iPod Touch, but it is full, and so is my iPhone, so time for something else / extra, and at this price I am prepared to take the risk, I am spoiled with the easyness iTunes works, I download the music on my PC, and automaticly the music gets transferred to my iPod/ iPhone.
If it works great, than I might even think of the forthcoming X7.

Fiio is not Apple.  The X1 sounds better, but there is a small price for that- organization.  And playback will not be as simple as well.  Read the thread  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/691332/the-all-new-fiio-x1-192k-24b-pcm5142-dac-and-100mw-output-with-lo-and-inline-remote

and see what is being posted before making up your mind.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back