FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread
Jan 5, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #181 of 206
New to this, 1st post here so I apologize in advance if any spelling/grammar errors.

Fiio X1 is way better than any Apple's players. I've used the X1 so far almost daily for the past 2 months now. I'm audiophile-crazy & listening to LOTS of music of many genres. X1 is fast, cute, intuitive, UI very easy to use, it has this nice silicon cover, it behaves like a simple memory card and most importantly - it's very accurate, very good at playing music! I've used it so far with ATH-M50, a high -end set of 2.1 Klipsch and a few home theaters / powered speakers. It performed beautifully with all these. Quality / price - excellent! :)

I don't know why it works better with headphone output than with line output and I don't know why the EQ is disabled for line out. But that's minimal compared to how it plays. I don't know about the 5,800 limitation as I use it as a simple file repository, never use playlists, just folders with CDs of music. Mp3, flacs.

The beef I have with Apple products is the protection, special format and that dreadful iTunes sftw.

Jan 5, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #182 of 206
Hello, I read this forum and bought a FIIO X1 with FW 1.10.
The first impression was: why are the letterings so small and thinny by so much free unused space on the display screen? I have still good eyes but to read the elapsed time of a song is nearly impossible.
My wish to the next FW would be: Make it bigger: the menus, lists, everything on the Screen!!!
Sorry for my English, I'm German.

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #185 of 206
Here my wishes for a next FW:
1. Please make every lettering on the screen bigger, it's unused space enough, esp. the times on the play mode screen. Can You read the elapsed time if You are in movement?
2. On the play mode screen it would be fine to have also the total remaining time of all songs less aside to their counting.
3. The themes should not coloring the covers also on the play mode screen. Looks awfully!
4. A choice of a contrast forcing theme like black background with white lettering or reverse would be better readable by sun light.
5. Volume adjust should be possible also by screen timeout!
6. After a screen timeout has been become aktive the Playlist should be recallable and aktualised.

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #186 of 206
In the FiiOx1 Manual is written in chapter C. Firmware Update:
The TF Card should preferably be a blank card of 32 GB of capacity or under in FAT32 format.
Can I use my half full 128 GB card without emptiing also?

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #187 of 206
In the FiiOx1 Manual is written in chapter C. Firmware Update:

The TF Card should preferably be a blank card of 32 GB of capacity or under in FAT32 format.

Can I use my half full 128 GB card without emptiing also?

Hello Kepala,

It is possible, if the card is in FAT32 format (eg formatted via the player).
Usually the card doesn't need to be blank.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 26, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #188 of 206
  Here my wishes for a next FW:

5. Volume adjust should be possible also by screen timeout!

You can already adjust the volume when the screen is locked by default. If you go into system settings and hit key-lock settings, you can even make it so you can use the center button and track forward/backward buttons in the third option.

But another downfall I noticed is you can't change the volume increments. The small increments are nice, but I would like to be able to choose the increment. The small increments can be very hard to notice when the screen is locked, and you end up pressing the volume key 20 individual times. And don't think about holding the volume key down! Because that will skip forward or backward 1 track. Which is ridiculous because you can already unlock the next/back track buttons as I said. There are definitely still some nitpicks with the firmware.

Feb 8, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #189 of 206
some of the rockbox toys would be nice!
crossfeed, stereo-expander, mono, left-to-right-channel swap...
of course rockbox is totally overloaded, but a few things are very useful and fun!

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #191 of 206
Picked up a Fiio X1. Finally ripped all 400+ cds in my collection using dboweramp and LAME @ 320Kbps. Was able to fit my music on a 128gb sdcard in the X1.  I was not expecting how good the X1 was.  I was planning on just using it as a portable player and not for my main home system but it sounds great to me.  If I liked the X1 I was going to get a X5 for my home stereo but now I am not so sure, may just get another X1- very happy with the quality of the sound using the line out.  My only complaint would be the 5800 song limitation and the lack of sorting by album artist. Not a big deal as I just use the folder view where I have folders sorted by album artist. I am hoping that maybe they could update firmware to include sorting by album artist and remoce the 5800 limitation.

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #192 of 206
  New to this, 1st post here so I apologize in advance if any spelling/grammar errors.

Fiio X1 is way better than any Apple's players. I've used the X1 so far almost daily for the past 2 months now. I'm audiophile-crazy & listening to LOTS of music of many genres. X1 is fast, cute, intuitive, UI very easy to use, it has this nice silicon cover, it behaves like a simple memory card and most importantly - it's very accurate, very good at playing music! I've used it so far with ATH-M50, a high -end set of 2.1 Klipsch and a few home theaters / powered speakers. It performed beautifully with all these. Quality / price - excellent! :)

I don't know why it works better with headphone output than with line output and I don't know why the EQ is disabled for line out. But that's minimal compared to how it plays. I don't know about the 5,800 limitation as I use it as a simple file repository, never use playlists, just folders with CDs of music. Mp3, flacs.

The beef I have with Apple products is the protection, special format and that dreadful iTunes sftw.

This is all relative,I prefere my iPod Touch and for those intrested, you can have my X1 for 70 Euro +postage costs,,inclusive 64GB card, like new!

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #193 of 206
  Picked up a Fiio X1. Finally ripped all 400+ cds in my collection using dboweramp and LAME @ 320Kbps. Was able to fit my music on a 128gb sdcard in the X1.  I was not expecting how good the X1 was.  I was planning on just using it as a portable player and not for my main home system but it sounds great to me.  If I liked the X1 I was going to get a X5 for my home stereo but now I am not so sure, may just get another X1- very happy with the quality of the sound using the line out.  My only complaint would be the 5800 song limitation and the lack of sorting by album artist. Not a big deal as I just use the folder view where I have folders sorted by album artist. I am hoping that maybe they could update firmware to include sorting by album artist and remoce the 5800 limitation.

Get the X3 when it comes out!

Mar 12, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #195 of 206
5800 tracks are not enough!?
where do you wanna go?
when do you want to listen?
where´s the sense in more than 5800 tracks?

ah yeah, i see: i need more than twenty types of cheese in my supermarket...

biggrin.gif

too much is not enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back