[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Nov 13, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #2,491 of 2,560
Dear friend,

So does the problem not happen when you are using the FiiO Control app in previous version? We will try to report to the engineer about for checking about that.

Best regards

Hello @FiiO
Yesterday I went through this procedure:

1. Factory reset in case
2. Downgraded to v1.4
3. Factory reset in case
4. Upgraded to v1.5
5. Factory reset using app, & then factory reset in case
6. Upgraded to v1.74
7. Factory reset in case
8. Setup my custom EQ for the 90000th time

I have the same issue where I have to 'touch' the Custom EQ gain as it's not the same on both ears - the L and R sides never have the exact 'custom eq' config.
I also have to adjust / 'touch' each of the individual custom EQ frequencies as both left and right side are never equal upon boot up!!!

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #2,492 of 2,560
Mine dead in one day(waiting feedback from fiio-shop.de). I don't understand one thing: i have utws3 too. Using from 3 or 4 years without one problem. Why the 5 has to many problems?
My personal opinion is that it has to do with bad Firmware development. The Engineers who are developing the Firmware are not doing a good job (at all).

I own 2 pairs of the UTWS5. In the past, I was using and enjoying both of them, listening to music, watching films and even in meetings, at work. Nowadays, I use one pair exclusively for Team Meetings at work, using a MacBook Pro, and the other exclusively for watching films from my laptop, sometimes.

For listening to Music, I am now using the iFi GO Pod, exclusively. It is an amazing experience! At least two times better compared to the UTWS5.

If FiiO could afford an Engineer (or two) like those working at Qudelix, it would be one of the best Audio companies in the entire world!

EDIT:
To give you an idea of bad software developers, look what happened to the FiiO Control App, after the recent update. I run it on a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. See how the text overlaps.

Attachments

• FiiO Control.jpg
    FiiO Control.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #2,494 of 2,560
Is the UTWS3 impossible to use with Fiio control? The app itself can find my device but it gets stuck in a loop forever trying to add the device. I don't get it because it can apparently find the device.
in the past i used the app with utws3. now, the app see the device but the interaction is impossible

Nov 27, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #2,496 of 2,560
received new umts5 for replacement. for this reason i thank you fiio-shop.de for great service in the process. now about firmware. i installed the 1.74 firmware and i chose only ldac into fiio control app.
now my smartphone galaxy 23 ultra see the ldac codec. i select ldac but every time retourns on sbc codec. when ldac is selected is impossible to access the settings menú of ldac to change the bitrate

Nov 27, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #2,497 of 2,560
received new umts5 for replacement. for this reason i thank you fiio-shop.de for great service in the process. now about firmware. i installed the 1.74 firmware and i chose only ldac into fiio control app.
now my smartphone galaxy 23 ultra see the ldac codec. i select ldac but every time retourns on sbc codec. when ldac is selected is impossible to access the settings menú of ldac to change the bitrate
I am sorry I cannot offer any solution to your issue but...

...why don't you think about purchasing an iFi GO Pod? You live in Portugal! Plenty of fine places to go out, (and plenty of beautiful women, too!), I mean, you could have an amazing musical experience on the go, your country is not one to stay indoors much. The iFi GO Pod is flawless, I am using it with the S23 Ultra. It is the absolute best of its kind! Think about it! At least, try one, if possible :wink:

Nov 27, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #2,498 of 2,560
I am sorry I cannot offer any solution to your issue but...

< his_spoiler >
...why don't you think about purchasing an iFi GO Pod? You live in Portugal! Plenty of fine places to go out, (and plenty of beautiful women, too!), I mean, you could have an amazing musical experience on the go, your country is not one to stay indoors much. The iFi GO Pod is flawless, I am using it with the S23 Ultra. It is the absolute best of its kind! Think about it! At least, try one, if possible :wink:

< /his_spoiler >
I agree with this. I own UTWS5s, but demoed the GoPod and liked them very much. Better than the 5s w/ my CA Vegas -- either/or with my iBasso IT07s and Penon Volts. And I super-appreciated the ability to switch between my mmcx (Vegas and IT07s) IEMs and my 2-pin Volts.

To be clear, UTWS5s have been perfectly serviceable for me, so I didn't purchase a set of GoPods. But when (note not 'if') my UTWS5s die, I might well switch to GoPods.

Pricey for sure, but they seem very solid.

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #2,499 of 2,560
On your phone, go to Bluetooth settings, find the UTWS5, beside it there’s a settings gear icon, click on it and on that menu enable LDAC (or HD sound).

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #2,500 of 2,560
On your phone, go to Bluetooth settings, find the UTWS5, beside it there’s a settings gear icon, click on it and on that menu enable LDAC (or HD sound).
Ok thank you. So isn' t in the programming mode

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #2,501 of 2,560
Thanks to help of @viffer i have ldac on my phone. I tried 990 bitrate with two songs and no problems for now. But...i know...i' ll try more when i have time. This second utws5 has same problem of the first. The charge of earhooks never arrives at 100%. But this time is equal in both...around 95. In the utws3 i have always 100%

Dec 1, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #2,505 of 2,560
Tried utws5 for around three hours. I had no problem with ldac codec at 990 but hte range of bluetooth is ridiculous...so short...
About compairison with 3 the output power with my iem is pratically egual but with 5 i set to max volume without any distortion.
About sound signature i prefere the 5 becuase is a little more defined. But i think that the choose of 3 or 5 is just question of good match with iem. The 3 is more opened in the highs. The 5 compared is darker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back