[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Dec 16, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #2,507 of 2,559
I'm on Samsung fold 3, have it on ldac 990, but set to 24 bit. Since this change I've not had any static breakup in the signal that forced me to power cycle. It gets choppy if I step away but when I'm back it comes back fine without even pausing. I do have the contact pin charging issue almost every time I close the case though, but I'm working on a hacky solution and will report back....

Update: For the last couple days when I put them in the case, I've been inserting them into the case, then wiggling slightly aggressively each ear unit in the case with my fingernails for like 2 seconds. Its worked every time to have both sides charging when I close the case! I'll report back after doing this for longer. Prior to this I was in the 'can I really deal with this charging issue?' and I'm currently deciding that yes I can wiggle to have the ability to have ldac on any iem I own. I have a feeling the case sort of waits for contact when its open, and if the pins don't all connect properly it doesn't turn on the charge. If you wiggle it, its possible they all contact, and the case gets the go ahead to charge when its closed. Currently paired with Audiosense DT600. (Love this set)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #2,513 of 2,559
I'm on Samsung fold 3, have it on ldac 990, but set to 24 bit. Since this change I've not had any static breakup in the signal that forced me to power cycle. It gets choppy if I step away but when I'm back it comes back fine without even pausing. I do have the contact pin charging issue almost every time I close the case though, but I'm working on a hacky solution and will report back....

Update: For the last couple days when I put them in the case, I've been inserting them into the case, then wiggling slightly aggressively each ear unit in the case with my fingernails for like 2 seconds. Its worked every time to have both sides charging when I close the case! I'll report back after doing this for longer. Prior to this I was in the 'can I really deal with this charging issue?' and I'm currently deciding that yes I can wiggle to have the ability to have ldac on any iem I own. I have a feeling the case sort of waits for contact when its open, and if the pins don't all connect properly it doesn't turn on the charge. If you wiggle it, its possible they all contact, and the case gets the go ahead to charge when its closed. Currently paired with Audiosense DT600. (Love this set)
Who would have guess, the wriggle really did cure the charge issue

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #2,514 of 2,559
Hello,

The problem with my iphone 14 and the fiio app persist…
I have reinstalled the app, forget the fiio from the bluetooth list.
Pair again beginning with the app, but nothing…

In the Android i have no issues.

Someone have sold this?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1397.png
    IMG_1397.png
    615.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 15, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #2,516 of 2,559
Is anyone having microstutter and clipping issues with Samsung devices (s23ultra in my case) and the UTSW5? While Samsung isn't compatible with snapdragon sound I don't have any issues with LDAC @ 96kHz with other bluetooth devices (smsl or hidizs ap80pro)

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #2,517 of 2,559
Is anyone having microstutter and clipping issues with Samsung devices (s23ultra in my case) and the UTSW5? While Samsung isn't compatible with snapdragon sound I don't have any issues with LDAC @ 96kHz with other bluetooth devices (smsl or hidizs ap80pro)
I have s23 ultra. Tried ldac at maximum bitrate. No clipping

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #2,518 of 2,559
My set is on 1.5. Didn't update after reading all the issue but of course it has to find me.

It's barely 6 months and today suddenly right unit started to report low battery. I assumed first that maybe the charging pins wasn't sitting well. Put back, made sure the charging light indicating that the right unit is getting charged.

After half an hour picking up. Still 5%. What's even funnier that the left unit reports also low. Sometimes comes back to the normal level then low.

Read the forums and found out what a big mistake i have done by buying this fiio product. Many people are in the same boat. Some found solutions by resetting, some returned, some opened the unit amd cleaned some residue they say.

I did the reset. Didn't work.

Then I put one unit inside the case and closed the lid so that the other will be connected. Then I picked up the unit from the case, boom 95%. Then did the same with other 94%.

Again suddenly they reported 4/5%. Now they show 1% and I've been listening to them continuously for more than an hour. Still 1%. Nothing is changing.

Basically Fiio congratulations for messing up with your flagship device that bad.

I didn't use them in hard conditions. Never had them sweaty, wet. I didn't drop them. There's hardly a fail on my side but their unit is simply reporting false low battery. Whatever they did inside, sth should go bad in time.

Some people are talking about cleaning residue from the pins inside, or some black/white material on the board. The problem is that many brands out there are covering their pin contacts with a special non conductive glue to make it more waterproof. That I might be it what they cleaned. But maybe it's in time forming into sth conductive. Idk.

I don't wanna open these and simply wanna return. My mistake is that I purchased on aliexpress from Fiio Official Store and let's see how helpful they'll be. If not solved I'll add another negative review(I see one negative already due to the same issue) to this product.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_123917.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_123917.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240119_124359.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_124359.jpg
  • Screenshot_20240119_124412.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_124412.jpg
  • Screenshot_20240119_124505.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_124505.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240119_131235.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_131235.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #2,519 of 2,559
My set is on 1.5. Didn't update after reading all the issue but of course it has to find me.

It's barely 6 months and today suddenly right unit started to report low battery. I assumed first that maybe the charging pins wasn't sitting well. Put back, made sure the charging light indicating that the right unit is getting charged.

After half an hour picking up. Still 5%. What's even funnier that the left unit reports also low. Sometimes comes back to the normal level then low.

Read the forums and found out what a big mistake i have done by buying this fiio product. Many people are in the same boat. Some found solutions by resetting, some returned, some opened the unit amd cleaned some residue they say.

I did the reset. Didn't work.

Then I put one unit inside the case and closed the lid so that the other will be connected. Then I picked up the unit from the case, boom 95%. Then did the same with other 94%.

Again suddenly they reported 4/5%. Now they show 1% and I've been listening to them continuously for more than an hour. Still 1%. Nothing is changing.

Basically Fiio congratulations for messing up with your flagship device that bad.

I didn't use them in hard conditions. Never had them sweaty, wet. I didn't drop them. There's hardly a fail on my side but their unit is simply reporting false low battery. Whatever they did inside, sth should go bad in time.

Some people are talking about cleaning residue from the pins inside, or some black/white material on the board. The problem is that many brands out there are covering their pin contacts with a special non conductive glue to make it more waterproof. That I might be it what they cleaned. But maybe it's in time forming into sth conductive. Idk.

I don't wanna open these and simply wanna return. My mistake is that I purchased on aliexpress from Fiio Official Store and let's see how helpful they'll be. If not solved I'll add another negative review(I see one negative already due to the same issue) to this product.
Hello. It's too early for you to worry. It is quite obvious that the problem is related to the incorrect display of charge in the program, and not to a defect in the batteries. Do all possible resets, and also try different versions of firmware and programs. Or just wait for new versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back