[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Jan 30, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #2,527 of 2,559
Hello. It's too early for you to worry. It is quite obvious that the problem is related to the incorrect display of charge in the program, and not to a defect in the batteries. Do all possible resets, and also try different versions of firmware and programs. Or just wait for new versions.
Hi. It's not related to the app if that's what you meant by program.

The other phones that git connected without an app also reports low battery. They messed up with the internals reporting wrong battery level.

Jan 31, 2024 at 8:25 PM Post #2,533 of 2,559
My set is on 1.5. Didn't update after reading all the issue but of course it has to find me.

It's barely 6 months and today suddenly right unit started to report low battery. I assumed first that maybe the charging pins wasn't sitting well. Put back, made sure the charging light indicating that the right unit is getting charged.

After half an hour picking up. Still 5%. What's even funnier that the left unit reports also low. Sometimes comes back to the normal level then low.

Read the forums and found out what a big mistake i have done by buying this fiio product. Many people are in the same boat. Some found solutions by resetting, some returned, some opened the unit amd cleaned some residue they say.

I did the reset. Didn't work.

Then I put one unit inside the case and closed the lid so that the other will be connected. Then I picked up the unit from the case, boom 95%. Then did the same with other 94%.

Again suddenly they reported 4/5%. Now they show 1% and I've been listening to them continuously for more than an hour. Still 1%. Nothing is changing.

Basically Fiio congratulations for messing up with your flagship device that bad.

I didn't use them in hard conditions. Never had them sweaty, wet. I didn't drop them. There's hardly a fail on my side but their unit is simply reporting false low battery. Whatever they did inside, sth should go bad in time.

Some people are talking about cleaning residue from the pins inside, or some black/white material on the board. The problem is that many brands out there are covering their pin contacts with a special non conductive glue to make it more waterproof. That I might be it what they cleaned. But maybe it's in time forming into sth conductive. Idk.

I don't wanna open these and simply wanna return. My mistake is that I purchased on aliexpress from Fiio Official Store and let's see how helpful they'll be. If not solved I'll add another negative review(I see one negative already due to the same issue) to this product.
My first set had a faulty right hook too. Both sets would report fine down until about 75%, then the right hook would suddenly drop to like 6%. I couldn't return them because of battery posting laws in Japan. So I bit the bullet and ordered another set. This time the case was faulty and doesn't charge. So I had to combine the working case A with the working hooks B to make a working unit C.

Since I couldn't return the faulty unit A, I decided that I'd try soldering in some new batteries. And it worked. The units charged up, connected, and played fine. But the issue was still there. The right hook would suddenly drop to like 5%. So it wasn't a battery issue at all. I have no idea what is wrong with it.

Hello. It's too early for you to worry. It is quite obvious that the problem is related to the incorrect display of charge in the program, and not to a defect in the batteries. Do all possible resets, and also try different versions of firmware and programs. Or just wait for new versions.
"There's nothing wrong, just wait." That's your advice? Are you high?

https://x.com/FIIO_official/status/1751870283886231630?s=20

Fiio just tweeted about the future of their wireless products. I very much doubt that a UTWS5 with wireless charging will cost the same, and that is to say nothing of all the other firmware and connectivity issues that everyone in this thread is constantly complaining about.

The UTWS5 is an absolute disaster.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #2,534 of 2,559
Are you high?
Very funny. : ) I get high listening to music with utws5, but I am against drugs! A colleague brsdgrn described the problem completely differently, your batteries are faulty. In general, choose the object of irritation correctly.
Yes, the UTWS5 has stopped production now.
Does this mean that support has also been stopped? Can we count on new firmwares? You shouldn't leave your flagship product half-finished, after all, it's not that cheap for that. A similar product FW5 recently received new firmware, and nothing for us either. I don’t like it, I bought an UTWS5 not long ago, less than a year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back