[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Nov 24, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #346 of 2,576

Ok. But then the UTWS5 should be bluetooth connected to the little DAC and not to the Hiby R6, i suppose. I have no idea on how then i could connect the DAC (no screen on it) with the UTWS5 (no screen on them). Sorry the newbie question.

Nov 24, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #347 of 2,576
Ok. But then the UTWS5 should be bluetooth connected to the little DAC and not to the Hiby R6, i suppose. I have no idea on how then i could connect the DAC (no screen on it) with the UTWS5 (no screen on them). Sorry the newbie question.

Below is how the USB-A version works. Type-C version probably won't be too far off.

Pairing is super easy. The adapter goes into pairing mode if it isn't already paired and will pair to any BT devices nearby that is on pairing mode. Once I 'forgot' my UTWS5 from my smartphone, they just automatically paired to the adapter almost immediately.

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #348 of 2,576
Below is how the USB-A version works. Type-C version probably won't be too far off.
I think I want to ask for the taobao link… :wink:

Nov 24, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #349 of 2,576
Damn... Guess 'll just have to wait for Aliexpress to get the Adaptive adapters in stock :/

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.PNG
    Skärmklipp.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
Nov 24, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #350 of 2,576
Nov 25, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #353 of 2,576
Ha! I am a moron. While chasing other specs, I had absolutely thought I remembered the WS3 had Aptx-HD. Mea culpa, was confusing with my Shure BT2 which the Fiio was replacing.

Thanks for setting me straight.

I see the noise floor/etc are improved, and just had it convinced from Qualcomm research that I'd =also= get Aptx-HD from the M15, but, I guess not. So, we're back to how big an upgrade it is for this user... Sigh.
Dear friend,

Both the UTWS3 and the UTWS5 do not support APTX HD. So they could not connect to M15 via APTX HD.

And here is the difference between the UTWS5 and the UTWS3, for your reference:
1, The UTWS5 is the first true wireless receiver utilizing an independent AK4332 DAC. Compared to the previous generation, the amplifier of the UTWS5 has a lower noise floor, high signal-to-noise ratio, and higher output power by 40%!
2, Support Bluetooth 5.2 and aptX adaptive. aptX adaptive not only has a higher speed transmission efficiency, but also a lower signal-to-noise ratio and distortion.High-quality lossless sound is at your fingertips.
3, The charging case is capable of wireless charging – for the ultimate convenience of true freedom from cables.
4, The Bluetooth chip is upgraded to QCC5141
5, Support TWS Mirroring. Unlike TWS+, TWS Mirroring allows for seamless switching between being connected to the main and secondary ear units. This allows for a greater compatibility with various Bluetooth devices, all with lower latency and more reliable connections.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 25, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #354 of 2,576
Nov 25, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #355 of 2,576
Hey @FiiO , when will this become available on Amazon or even on AliExpress? I have placed my order on November 17, and it is still in processing. I've asked the store, on AliExpress, and all they said was: At the end of the month, the factory will ship. Will you?

Can you provide an ETA, please?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #356 of 2,576
I did some basic listening on the iPhone. I am waiting for the transparency mode to migrate from my Shure adapters.

The amount of power they output is unreal. I basically can not turn them up all the way with my FH5 IEMs without worrying about blowing them, or my ears. Sounds fine to me but I'm not good at hearing music quality differences from minor codec changes etc. Anything AAC codec or above in bluetooth basically sounds the same as wired to me, my ears aren't very golden.

I haven't played enough with buttons, single ear use, etc to know how it plays with iphones but I can put some more details in here once I fully switch over.

Nov 25, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #358 of 2,576
I’m also interested to know if I should go with the utws3 or utws5 if I’m using it paired with an iPhone. Is the extra price worth the upgrade? Will I get any benefits from upgrading?
This is exactly what I would like to know. I just got the utws3 off Amazon but if thr 5 is worth it (better Bluetooth sound quality) on an iPhone 12, then I’ll return it.

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #359 of 2,576
I did some basic listening on the iPhone. I am waiting for the transparency mode to migrate from my Shure adapters.

The amount of power they output is unreal. I basically can not turn them up all the way with my FH5 IEMs without worrying about blowing them, or my ears. Sounds fine to me but I'm not good at hearing music quality differences from minor codec changes etc. Anything AAC codec or above in bluetooth basically sounds the same as wired to me, my ears aren't very golden.

I haven't played enough with buttons, single ear use, etc to know how it plays with iphones but I can put some more details in here once I fully switch over.
Thank you… but are you sure that Transparency mode is coming?

I thought FiiO mentioned it wasn’t before, or perhaps I am wrong…

Would love more thoughts from you on experience using UTWS5 with iPhone. When you pair them do they pair as one device or separate L and R?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back