[FiiO UTWS5] True Wireless Bluetooth Earhooks as Usual,Coupled with Independent AK4332 DAC
Nov 23, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #333 of 2,559
@FiiO you guys might also want to consider stocking these aptx Adaptive adapter on your Ali store. I am sure plenty of people will want one.
I would also be very interested in such an Aptx adaptive adapter. Are these available on AliExpress?

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #335 of 2,559
Nov 23, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #336 of 2,559
It's not though, that doesn't have AptxHD either. Also, other specs have improved on the UTWS5
Ha! I am a moron. While chasing other specs, I had absolutely thought I remembered the WS3 had Aptx-HD. Mea culpa, was confusing with my Shure BT2 which the Fiio was replacing.

Thanks for setting me straight.

I see the noise floor/etc are improved, and just had it convinced from Qualcomm research that I'd =also= get Aptx-HD from the M15, but, I guess not. So, we're back to how big an upgrade it is for this user... Sigh.

Nov 23, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #338 of 2,559
Tried to look for these on Aliexpress but could not find them!:frowning2:

There are only less than a handful of Taobao stores that sell aptx Adaptive adapter (and there are ten of thousand of store on Taobao), so the chance of find an Ali store that carries them is very slim, given there are much less Ali stores than there are Taobao stores. Aptx Adaptive adapter is still a very rare and new item even on Taobao, it will take time to become popular, especially since aptx Adaptive codec itself isn't that popular yet.

Nov 23, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #339 of 2,559
There are only less than a handful of Taobao stores that sell aptx Adaptive adapter (and there are ten of thousand of store on Taobao), so the chance of find an Ali store that carries them is very slim, given there are much less Ali stores than there are Taobao stores. Aptx Adaptive adapter is still a very rare and new item even on Taobao, it will take time to become popular, especially since aptx Adaptive codec itself isn't that popular yet.
True ! If it works good wanna mark it up a bit and sell one to me here in Canada? 😏

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #340 of 2,559
Cool. I’ll try taobao then!
Meanwhile, you already got it to check how it performs?

Nov 23, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #341 of 2,559
Cool. I’ll try taobao then!
Meanwhile, you already got it to check how it performs?
I only have the USB-A version. Type-C version has yet to arrive.

Nov 24, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #342 of 2,559
Nov 24, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #343 of 2,559
And it is working, i

purchased on taobao. Will report when it gets here!:)
USB-A is confirmed to work (and working excellently, I might add). No reason to doubt why Type-C won't work. I am also getting a Lightning-to-TypeC converter to test as well. If they work together, that means there is a way to add aptx Adaptive to iOS devices.

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #344 of 2,559
USB-A is confirmed to work (and working excellently, I might add). No reason to doubt why Type-C won't work. I am also getting a Lightning-to-TypeC converter to test as well. If they work together, that means there is a way to add aptx Adaptive to iOS devices.
Great to know!
But then, to use the aptx adaptive on my R6, i should use the USB audio DAC output? Aptx will not appear (this time working) under Developer menu.

Nov 24, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #345 of 2,559
Great to know!
But then, to use the aptx adaptive on my R6, i should use the USB audio DAC output? Aptx will not appear (this time working) under Developer menu.
Yep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back