FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #1,186 of 3,739
Maybe he can use hand sanitizer instead? Totally kidding!
I do really like it, as is. Especially that it suits all my current and planned future headphones (some nice high-impedance DT880s). I've been editing my review on my E12 preorder unit since I got it – by editing, I mean I have plenty written about it already, I just have to get my thoughts organized.

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,188 of 3,739
Quote:
as good as Fiios can be, I don't really like their designs

It is the kind of situation where you can have any color you want, as long as it is black
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #1,192 of 3,739
49990 is definitely good. I am not sure about 49860 though. 49860 as the I/V buffer only downgrade the sound of my iBasso D6.

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #1,193 of 3,739
I need the package dimensions of the E12, from someone who ordered from Miccastore... they don't send worldwide, so i'm gonna use a logistics company, which charges by sizes and weights.

can anybody help?

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #1,194 of 3,739
Phew.
After what feels like a month of gathering impressions, writing notes (here and there), and organizing my thoughts (and probably over 4 hours of my day today), I've finally posted my Mont Blanc review. I still think ClieOS will be able to provide a more technically quantified review, but I hope mine helps people get the measure of the amp (in it's current form). Voilá:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-e12-mont-blanc/reviews/8449

There's a few problems with hyperlinks, and I want to add some pictures taken in daylight, but... yeah, it's out at least.

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #1,195 of 3,739
Quote:
I need the package dimensions of the E12, from someone who ordered from Miccastore... they don't send worldwide, so i'm gonna use a logistics company, which charges by sizes and weights.

can anybody help?

Uh, my retail box is right here, let me see if I can find a ruler... or do you need the dimensions of the shipping box the retail box was inside? Cuz I don't have the shipping box anymore...

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #1,197 of 3,739
Quote:

can anybody help?

it will be better to send an email to support@miccastore.com and you will get the answer, and the size of the giftbox not equal to the size of the shipping box.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #1,198 of 3,739
[size=medium]Sorry if these questions have been answered already , 80 pages of comments is a heck of a lot to trawl through![/size]

• [size=medium]Volume control/potentiometer: is it a digital control similar to the Pico slim perhaps? Looking to upgrade from my E6 and will be using with JH-5 IEMs mostly so want a really smooth micro controllable volume knob that won’t start crackling after several months/a years worth of use like other pots tend to do. Basically what i’m looking for is a budget Pico slim option if i’m honest... don’t be shy with any recommends if the E12 isn’t that way to go. I’ve been out the head-fi game a while. Yes my wallet has been doing very well, thank you. It’s time it was punished again...[/size]
  • [size=medium]Price? Not up on amazon uk, ebay etc. Anybody know what the damage is/going to be yet?[/size]

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #1,199 of 3,739
Quote:
[size=medium]Sorry if these questions have been answered already , 80 pages of comments is a heck of a lot to trawl through![/size]

• [size=medium]Volume control/potentiometer: is it a digital control similar to the Pico slim perhaps? Looking to upgrade from my E6 and will be using with JH-5 IEMs mostly so want a really smooth micro controllable volume knob that won’t start crackling after several months/a years worth of use like other pots tend to do. Basically what i’m looking for is a budget Pico slim option if i’m honest... don’t be shy with any recommends if the E12 isn’t that way to go. I’ve been out the head-fi game a while. Yes my wallet has been doing very well, thank you. It’s time it was punished again...[/size]
  • [size=medium]Price? Not up on amazon uk, ebay etc. Anybody know what the damage is/going to be yet?[/size]

1. Analog, not digital.

2. Somewhere around US$130, might be more expensive in the UK, as most things are. You will have to wait till the EU / UK dealer get their stock before it will show up in Amazon, may be in a month or so.

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #1,200 of 3,739

Quote:

can anybody help?

The package my E12 came in from Miccastore was a padded envelope that surrounded the retail box.  So, take the retail box and add "a little" to each dimension; perhaps 2 cm per side.  Or (better) have the logistics company rebox the package using a bigger shipping box and styro peanuts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back