FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Mar 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #1,501 of 3,739
Quote:
Quote:
Only 12 hours battery life??

Thats poor lol

A fair price to pay for the high power they offer.  Also, 12 hours is much longer than my Iphone lasts.  I only get 3 or 4 hours at most out of my V-Moda Vamp.

Doesn't the VAMP charge the iPhone? If you get 3-4 hours out of the iPhone, with the VAMP charging it, that's a lot of usage. :xf_eek:

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #1,502 of 3,739
Quote:
Doesn't the VAMP charge the iPhone? If you get 3-4 hours out of the iPhone, with the VAMP charging it, that's a lot of usage. :xf_eek:

You can set it to charge the iPhone whilst using the VAMP or use it independently. :)

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #1,503 of 3,739
Could be a conflict, that's why most people with affiliate connections go for a more "reporter" style review where they don't usually pick favorites. Then again, some reviewers DO pick favorites and only write reviews on products they like. Lastly, I bet there are some sell-outs like you say, but that strategy is very bad long-term because it hurts one's reputation to give bad advice. I think it's only a problem if the reviewer is asked to lie, or ignore some glaring defect.

DPRreview.com (camera review website) used to be supported by affiliate links until they were bought by amazon, some individual reviewers such as Steven Huff (unabashed fan of Leica cameras, and capable compacts) and Ken Rockwell make their living (or a good part of it) with affiliate links. The most careful, well-versed, and in-depth reviewers spend a LOT of time on their craft, and barring a massive inheritance there is no way they could $pend so much time and pay the bills without compensation. Where do you think professional reviews come from? It's just that, in this digital age, individuals can be professional reviewers instead of being part of a magazine or journal. If the affiliate compensation comes from Amazon or some other store carrying various brands, then the reviewer is more free to be honest.

.........and we all know how objective Ken Rockwell is!

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #1,504 of 3,739
Quote:

Quote:

You can set it to charge the iPhone whilst using the VAMP or use it independently. :)

3-4 hours is without phone charging selected.  If I use and have charging selected, it is much less time.  I can't get through a heavy listening day without needing a charging break.  I hope Versa is better in that regard.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #1,506 of 3,739
Quote:

You may want to know: Affiliate links can't be posted here any more than a store or person can post advertising (without first becoming a sponsor). If you have a blog that is making money from affiliate links, that makes you a "Member of the Trade" and would, in effect, kill much of your ability to post on the forums at all.

I see, thanks for the note! :)
Quote:
Only 12 hours battery life??

Thats poor lol

I actually only get 7-8 hours from it.

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #1,507 of 3,739
Quote:
I see, thanks for the note! :)
I actually only get 7-8 hours from it.

That is the cost for the sound quality. there are not magic in electronics . our E7's battery life is about 100hours with a 1050mAh battery.

Also I got one amps which has 80 hours battery life, what I can say is that the supply voltage is only +3.7V and the power output even small than our E6, which can explained lots of thing. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #1,508 of 3,739
Quote:

That is the cost for the sound quality. there are not magic in electronics . our E7's battery life is about 100hours with a 1050mAh battery.

Also I got one amps which has 80 hours battery life, what I can say is that the supply voltage is only +3.7V and the power output even small than our E6, which can explained lots of thing. 

Is it OK to use it while charging? Or is that not really advised?

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #1,510 of 3,739
Quote:

Is it OK to use it while charging? Or is that not really advised?

you can buy a iPad's wall power adapter, do remember the best is the original power adapter from Apple, it can provide enough current so the E12 can use the fast charge speed and less noise.  

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,511 of 3,739
Quote:
Yes you can. Small noise though

Thanks. I was concerned that it might not be the best for the battery (ie lessen the lifespan or something). If it's not problem to charge & use at the same time though, I'm a very happy camper.

Btw, I'm loving the E12 - the synergy with my AD900X, S500 and GR07BE's is very nice. Although version 2 will be great, I am incredibly happy with the bass boost of version 1. And although I didn't think I would care about how nicely it is built, it really is a beautifully crafted gizmo.
Well done Fiio!
beerchug.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #1,512 of 3,739
I'm not sure if this has been posted here before......
For all you Canadian E12 fans, Headfoneshop tells me they should get the E12 in sometime this month! :D

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #1,513 of 3,739
Quote:
I'm not sure if this has been posted here before......
For all you Canadian E12 fans, Headfoneshop tells me they should get the E12 in sometime this month!
biggrin.gif

This Canadian wanted version 1 and couldn't wait, so I managed to get one from Miccastore. I wonder though if Headfoneshop will have V1 or V2? My guess is V2.... which is fine as long as people know which version they are getting.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #1,514 of 3,739
You may want to know: Affiliate links can't be posted here any more than a store or person can post advertising (without first becoming a sponsor). If you have a blog that is making money from affiliate links, that makes you a "Member of the Trade" and would, in effect, kill much of your ability to post on the forums at all.

Yeah, I understand, and I agree with the policy too so that the forum doesn't (usually) get plagued by spam. I wrote reviews of my personal equipment just for fun, but it kinda bugged me that some random store used my youtube video (and Gavin's blog reviews). I'm not too worried about it though: of course I'm still displayed as the author, and it seems only a few people have watched it through that store's site. Just sort of the nature of putting content out in the public, I guess. It feels weird to be quoted by strangers.

.........and we all know how objective Ken Rockwell is!

Lol Steven Huff isn't objective either, at least for the most part. I was in the photography world before actually working as a traveling portrait photographer killed my interest and music (alongside gaming) became my new pastime, and that was where I first heard of Ken. People there poo-poo'd him as a Nikon fanboy, and I don't take his word as hard truth, BUT he has tried a lot of stuff and sometimes makes a good point. I appreciate his effort, even if I don't always agree with him. Usually an entertaining read anyway.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #1,515 of 3,739
Lol Steven Huff isn't objective either, at least for the most part. I was in the photography world before actually working as a traveling portrait photographer killed my interest and music (alongside gaming) became my new pastime, and that was where I first heard of Ken. People there poo-poo'd him as a Nikon fanboy, and I don't take his word as hard truth, BUT he has tried a lot of stuff and sometimes makes a good point. I appreciate his effort, even if I don't always agree with him. Usually an entertaining read anyway.

My 0.02, as a journalist: bias is something we all try to stay clear, but some will always "leak". As long it is powered by personal passion and preferences, it is ok. I mean, readers learn to balance your opinion if you are clearly a "Canonite" or a Nikon fan.

The problem begins when your opinions are driven by money. Money can come from anywhere so the readers will never know what is your bias on any given review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back