FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT
Jan 30, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #1,426 of 2,501
FiiO M9 works fairly well with Campfire Atlas :)

Campfire-Atlas-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-IEMs-In-Ear-Monitors-CA-Earphones-photo-19.jpg

Campfire-Atlas-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-IEMs-In-Ear-Monitors-CA-Earphones-photo-29.jpg
I'm thinking of buying a m9 as I recently bought the m6 and love it. I notice you are fond of bands such as winter sun. What iems under £450 would you recommend for such music?

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #1,428 of 2,501
FiiO please work on your update server or delete the online update function, currently this only leads to frustration.....

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #1,429 of 2,501
FiiO please work on your update server or delete the online update function, currently this only leads to frustration.....
Why? Works fine here. Every OTA update has installed first time. You don’t have to update as soon as one is available. Wait and see if there are any issues before installing.

Jan 30, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #1,430 of 2,501
Download via PC is also at 28-32 KB/s. LOL
I will wait till the morning....

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #1,431 of 2,501
I'm thinking of buying a m9 as I recently bought the m6 and love it. I notice you are fond of bands such as winter sun. What iems under £450 would you recommend for such music?

Ayy, Wintersun is one of my favorite bands :)

For my personal taste, and judging from everything I heard to date, it is hard to make a clear choice.

I mean, I know so many IEMs in that price range, that it would be hard to pick just one, but for Wintersun in particular, it is good to have good layering, quick overall sound, quick bass, and clean overall sound, with some engaing upper midrange for guitar riffs.

At this moment I am wearing Accoustune HS1650CU, and I can only say that I am in love with how Wintersun sounds played from them

Some folks really like iBasso IT04, others like Final E5000. IMr R1 is also fairly sweet. I really need to ask you how you'd like it best to sound, because depending on whether you want it to be colder, warmer, more technical / analytic or more organic / natural, I can more easily recommend a good IEM :)

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #1,432 of 2,501
I love winter sun too. I suppose I like warmer rather than cold with an organic sound

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #1,434 of 2,501
Download via PC is also at 28-32 KB/s. LOL
I will wait till the morning....

Is your main issue that the download is slow?

@FiiO

Stagger your pushes of OTA by region/serial to reduce load on your server. Either pay for more servers around the world and do some dynamic load balancing or ability to spin up more servers as need be (AWS etc) or stagger them.

Staggering means you use some methodology to NOT have everyone try for an OTA update at once. If you can't do region based staggering, do a random serial based one for example

Day 0, hour 0: Push OTA to devices serial 0-200
Day 0, hour 4, serial 201-400
Day 2, allow full unrestricted all serial downloading at any time.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #1,435 of 2,501
After installing the latest firmware update, Tidal no longer recognizes any of the download files stored on the SD card. It tells me I have no downloaded files even though the files are all still on the card. Is there a way to fix this so I can access the files again? I live in a rural area with very poor internet access so I rely on the offline files to be able to listen to my music.

Jan 30, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #1,436 of 2,501
Tidal stopped working on my M9 after the latest firmware update, it keeps crashing when i try to open it... have anyone else experienced this?
Hi Markolav.
I had the same trouble If you go into settings, then, Apps,then Tidal I cleared The Cache and user data!(I think you will lose anything you downloaded can't confirm)
That worked for me,I don't have any Music Downloaded to sd card yet,so just had to re-Login to Tidal :)

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #1,440 of 2,501

Users who are viewing this thread

Back