1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M9 , Android based Hi-Res smart DAP with 3.5/2.5 powerful output|AKM4490 X2 |WiFi|aptX/aptX HD/LDAC/HWA(LHDC)|USB DAC|USB AUDIO OUT

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Aug 10, 2018.
First

Back
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Next

Last
  1. Rockwell75
    Would there be any advantage (and would it be possible) to hook the M9 up to an amp like the Fiio Q5 and then listen to it via bluetooth on some Sennheiser PXC 550s?

2. TheStalker79
    The Sennheisers being bluetooth have their own built in amp, so streaming from the M9 or Q5 won't make the slightest diffence as they're only providing the signal for the music. The Q5 won't improve volume or sound quality.

Rockwell75 likes this.
  3. zls88
    I just realized I've been using the terminology wrong and that "clipping" means something else. It's more like microgaps. The effect is extremely obvious and jarring, even for noisy music like Daughters, so if you can't hear it your device must be playing the track properly. If I have time I'll make a recording of the comparison.

I can hear it on your track too. As for taste, uh, this is actually an acoustic according of "Sound of Silence", it's just the distortion that makes it sound so weird :)

seriously though, I tried playing the exact same file through the DAP in USB DAC mode and it played fine, so I'm pretty sure it's software.

I can't believe this is still broken and, hell, unacknowledged :frowning2: it seems like a showstopper bug to me...

4. Sven2015
    ... next testings....
    * gapless playback is not working in different cases -> not fixed (sometimes it's working, sometimes not) -> not really stable for normal encoded FLAC files
    * problems with german umlauts -> not fixed
    * replayGain -> it seems, it's working but not tried enough to detect clippings -> partially fixed
    * extra settings -3/-6 dB gain for DSD files -> not found and DSD files not tested until now... maybe the same situation as before with the old FW

5. Swoti
    Did anybody compare the M9 to the AK sr15? The prize difference is huge. Is there a big difference in features or sound quality? Can the fiio. M9 be used with the balanced t5p2 cable? Thanks

6. ericlhyman
    Thanks. That makes the connections fit, but I am still not getting m9 sound from the receiver? Is there a setting that I need to change when I switch from earphones to coaxial?

7. deadhead12
    Go to settings>audio>select output and choose spdif.

8. ericlhyman
    Thanks, but select output was already set to SPDIF. SPDIF out was set to DoP, and USB DAC was checked (do I need to uncheck that box)?

9. Quigley28
    Any idea when Fiio Link will be available IOS please fiio spokesperson?

10. Vahur
    @JamesFiiO, @FiiO
    Have you checked that would it be possible to whitelist Poweramp for M9? Or is it too resource hungry for this device?

11. Manwue
    Hi to all,

I have bought the Fiio m9 and i want to connect it with an external headphone amp. I suppose that the connection must be done through the unbalance 3.5mm port. Does It need to change something to the Audio Menu to Select output or to the SPDIF out?

Many thanks

12. pnzr
    Can anyone comment on how this compares to the M6 or the Hidizs AP80 soundwise? The DAC should be an improvement in the M9, right?

13. Dobrescu George
    @pnzr - I have AP80, and M9, and will soon have M6. M9 is a tad better than AP80 in detail and overall clarity / resolution

pnzr and cleg like this.
  14. gazzington
    M6 is a bargain. Great little dap. Have you tried Shanling m5s yet?

15. bms44974
    When connecting to an amp, you should select "LO" (line-out) in the audio menu (M9 Settings -> Audio Settings -> Multifunctional Output). The default setting for "Adjustable volume at LO" is off. You can check this option in the audio menu if you want to control the volume of LO using the M9 volume wheel.

Cheers... Brian

First

Back
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Next

Last