Separate names with a comma.
Will this power something like the Campfire Atlas sufficiently?
Ok, I got the FiiO M9 now. Liking it so far. But is there anything I can do to make transfering music go faster? MTP seems awfully slow, no?
Also are the FiiO servers down? I can't download the 1.04 firmware.
If your computer have memory card reader then you can insert card directly into it and copy your files. If not then you can use adapter to USB and use that.
MTP is always been slower than writing directly into card.
There is something wrong with their servers indeed because their forum doesn't open.
Ok, got it to update. Does anyone use Bandcamp on this player? I've installed the apk but when I want to access my wishlist I'm greeted with endless loading
Also why is there no cover view for albums when I go through artists? I love the UI but there are so many little things I would want to add.
I found one post mentioning DNLA, saying it should work but the link is buried deep in the menu somewhere. Could somebody tell me where?! Haven’t pulled the trigger yet as Streaming from my server is important.
Does DNLA work on the M9? The reason I’m concerned is when I owned the X5iii it didn’t work out of the box but was ok when I installed foobar 2000. Clearly this isn’t an option with the M9....
Help much appreciated.....
I installed foobar2000 on my PC which is connected to a 5TB USB drive with all my Flac music collection on......
I then selected DNLA on my M9. For this you need to open the Fiio Music App first and choose Settings (in Fiio Music)....
....then choose DLNA (this is NOT the Settings from the M9's Homepage but Settings within Fiio Music).
Worked a treat - I then could play any of my stuff off my 5TB USB drive.
Thanks for the reply - forgive my ignorance, but with foobar2000 on your PC does it have to be switched on? My Western digital NAS is connected to my router and is accessible via WiFi without my PC being on.
Yes the PC has be switched on.
I am not a huge expert on this myself - you have to set in Foobar2000 where you music is stored.
I think you have to have Foobar2000 running on the PC too.
That is unless you can run Foobar2000 on the NAS (I don't have one so cannot advise you on this)
I guess I'm simply looking for confirmation that the M9 can connect to my Western Digital My Cloud hard drive out of the box, without having to install foobar200 or similar app, which is not possible at present.The X5iii would not connect out of the box, so I am concerned the M9 will be the same.....
Seeking clarity on one question please.
When in USB DAC mode will the M9 play 96k 24 bit files out via 990kb/s LDAC transmission?
Someone had asked with the new firmware update consisted of. Not sure if anyone had posted it up but here it is:
A quick note though, for those who had been having problems with upgrade some of the latest whitelisting apps, you'll need to upgrade to the current firmware first and then try downloading it again.
As one of the first players with full Bluetooth codec support, the M6/M7/M9 can play almost all audio formats and transmit audio via Bluetooth in high quality. In this update, we added the LDAC receiver function to make their Bluetooth even more powerful. In addition, we also update the app white list with more apps.
See below for the details:
1. Added LDAC receiver function (when the Bluetooth decoding amp mode is enabled, the player will switch to the LDAC automatically if the connected Bluetooth transmission device supports LDAC);
2. Added gapless playback for DSD tracks;
3. Added support for DSD CUE splitting;
4. Added support for splitting multiple tracks in a single CUE sheet;
5. Added support for APK file transfer using 'WiFi Music Transfer' function (you may transfer APK files to the player from your computer or phone);
6. Improved the display of default album covers(If you're currently using the 'Deep black' theme for FiiO Music, it's suggested to switch the theme to 'Simplicity white' after the update then back to 'Deep black' to get the best display effect) ;
7.Improved the FiiO Link function (now the connection will always remain active after enabled);
8. Fixed issue where the display location of the list could not be remembered after deleting a track from it;
9. Fixed issue where tracks in the Recently Added list were not sorted by the adding time;
10. Added new apps to the white list of M6/M9: Amazon Music、Radio World、SoundCloud、TuneIn Radio;
11. Updated Tidal to version 18.104.22.1683.1 (with MQA support).
12. Added FiiO Link function to M7.
Update your player right now to enjoy the new features~
Please visit the M6 Firmware download page and download the firmware FW1.0.1
Please visit the M7 Firmware download page and download the firmware FW1.0.5
Please visit the M9 Firmware download page and download the firmware FW1.0.4
USB DAC Driver(v4.47.0): Click here
Instruction of installing USB DAC driver on Windows computer: Click here
Introduction of New FiiO Music APP in M6/M7/M9: Click here
mmmh " a big upgrade" but the basics are not working....
Anyone having problem with bluetooth connection when wifi on ?
Yes - especially when downloading files to Qobuz offline library.
I find LDAC will only work @ the lowest quality when the M9 is "busy" with WiFi.