[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 31, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #947 of 3,610
I imagined that, and I also can surely tell there won't be (and maybe shouldn't be) a browser because they're huge resources consumers (well at least Chrome). Maybe a slimmer browser..
Anyway it's not an uncommon need, a wifi that requires a browser login, seen quite a few, in hotels too..

How about this as a workaround.. Connect your phone to the browser-validated network and then set up the phone as a hotspot and connect the M6 to that hotspot? Not what you intended but should work I guess.
(Myself I'll use the M6 on the road so I plan to connect to my phone's 4G as hotspot)

A little update. what you suggest is not possible because were not allowed to use our phone in the office. So what I did was open the ES File explorer then go to Cloud tab, then there it is, it open a tab that I can put on the log in details before opening my cloud drive.

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #948 of 3,610
It is not possible that it takes all evening and maybe not enough to download the M6 update !!!
And at home I have a 1Gbits fiber connection!!!:astonished:
Average 50Kb / s :angry::angry::angry:
@FiiO
oops is it the OTA update? Is there a way to do it manually (the full download)? Maybe with some download manager it might improve..

Jan 31, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #949 of 3,610
A little update. what you suggest is not possible because were not allowed to use our phone in the office. So what I did was open the ES File explorer then go to Cloud tab, then there it is, it open a tab that I can put on the log in details before opening my cloud drive.
Oh no phones. Didn't think of that. Yeah somebody suggested the ES File Explorer option. I use it in my Android phone and didn't know about that.. Brilliant!

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #954 of 3,610
Pre-ordered one from FiiO India. Let's see when it gets delivered.

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #956 of 3,610
So, with the new update it will play MQA-files from the Tidal App as well?

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #957 of 3,610
Nobody?

Hi guys.
My Fiio M6 has just arrived and I have already updated to the firmware 10.1. I am, for now, very satisfied with the purchase. The only thing I complain about is replay gain. It does not level the volume of the songs well. The volume changes often. I use FLAC files and they are all put in one folder. I use album option. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Are you working?

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #958 of 3,610
Nobody?

Hi guys.
My Fiio M6 has just arrived and I have already updated to the firmware 10.1. I am, for now, very satisfied with the purchase. The only thing I complain about is replay gain. It does not level the volume of the songs well. The volume changes often. I use FLAC files and they are all put in one folder. I use album option. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Are you working?

For me the replay gain function doesn’t seem to be working very well either. I find that DSD files have much lower volume than let’s say the aiff and FLAC files I have. Even when I have different files in 1 folder of album there’s alot of variance in volume.

It does not bother me too much though, but sometimes I really need to reach fort he volume control quickly.

Feb 1, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #959 of 3,610
Nobody?

Hi guys.

For me the replay gain function doesn’t seem to be working very well either. I find that DSD files have much lower volume than let’s say the aiff and FLAC files I have. Even when I have different files in 1 folder of album there’s alot of variance in volume.

It does not bother me too much though, but sometimes I really need to reach fort he volume control quickly.

Umm, just to double check...your tracks do actually have the Replaygain info embedded into them, right?

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #960 of 3,610
I'm not sure about it. How is possible to check it? Once I tried to use foobar2000 to work around tags file but the result was no good. I think that replay gain is a smokescreen, because it didn't work good with my old dap too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back