[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 30, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #931 of 3,610
@FiiO @JamesFiiO I have a few suggestions software wise for the Fiio Music app that I think would make it a much better experience and shouldn't be difficult to achieve. If these could be sent to the software time I would be thankful.

1. When scrolling in "artist" instead of showing number of songs by that artist, display number of albums you have. This is more helpful, ipod style.

2. When scrolling in "artist" it would be amazing to have a small miniature of a random album cover by that artist, because when you have loads of artist (some with the same names), you tend to relay in the visual aspect more than in the names. It makes the scrolling much more visual, beautiful and easier because our minds tend to associate images, colors, etc more easily. This is something that even my little Ipod nano 6th did with a much smaller screen so it should be possible. A plausible way of doing this without trouble for long name artist, could be to eliminate the little play icon in the right which is really redundant and useless, therefore there would be more room for a picture preview to the left of the artist name.

3. Being able to change font size so people with a not so good vision could also be comfortable. Like for example, when scrolling in "artist", instead of seeing 7 by page you can choose to see 4 but with a bigger font size, etc.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #932 of 3,610
So I have spent yesterday evening and this morning checking out the LDAC bluetooth receiver implementation of the FiiO M6 and M9. Connecting the M6 to my amplifier in line out I firstly listened wired, directly on line out, to my speakers. Sounded really good. Then I connected up the M9 to the M6 (line out) and the M6 showed the receiver/sink screen as LDAC. Controlled the music and volume from the M9 using the FiiO app and the Spotify app at 320kbps very high quality. Set the amp volume to about 85%, the M6 to about 90 out of 120 and then used the M9 to control volume and tracks. Previously I have been using either a) a good quality aptx-hd receiver or b) listening through a WiFi DAC. So the previous top of the pecking order in sound quality has been WiFi DAC, then APTX-HD, which in turn is much better than APTX. It's the high notes that lose their edges using Bluetooth, but APTX-HD is not that far from WiFi sound quality, but very clearly not as good. So what about LDAC? Absolutely brilliant. Highs sound, to my ears, virtually identical to wired or WiFi. I was able to change between LDAC and wired in a few secs so could really compare. Highs in LDAC are superb. Real HiFi. Now I know why so many have lauded and praised the Earstudio ES100 LDAC receiver. I really think the M6 as an LDAC receiver is stunning too. The sound is crisp and musical and it is impossible, for me at least, to hear any compression even though there is still compression in LDAC. It sounds as good as both wired and WiFi. LDAC is really something. Very strange how their are so few LDAC receivers or headphones. The M6 is now an awesome, does everything well, DAP and LDAC receiver.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #933 of 3,610
Dear friend,

Here is the download link for the added new apps to the white list:

Amazon Music:Click here

Radio World:Click here

SoundCloud:Click here

TuneIn Radio:Click here

You can copy the apk file of the qualified app to the M6, then open the File Management app, locate and click on the apk file to install it.

Best regards
I have run across a potential problem.
I have my m6 connect to my q5 USB out using the fiio connector CL06 playing music off of tidal masters, it sounds like a skipping record also the same thing on fiio music app.

I've also tried changing the q5 to the usb side input again same thing.
Tried changing m6 output to LO and PO again same thing.

Tried giggling the fiio cable and it's not the cable.

Now I've connected this way a few days ago and didn't notice this problem.

I think that I got it working better, I'm thinking it's my internet connection.

I'll keep you informed if anything changes.

Thanks Fiio

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #934 of 3,610
Hi All,

Just want to share my experience so far with the m6.. and I had several sources before..

This is a great product. Amazing price/quality product. Yes, it is pocket size, but still big enough to use the screen very well. Have an AK jr and had the Shanling M0 before and just tested the Plenue V.. I bought this device too, because I never ever wanted a Fiio before (read several negative reviews about the firmware, thin sound etcetc), but I thought with this brand new device ‘why not?’ and now I think, what an idiot I was before..

It’s amazing.. and yes it outperforms my iPhone 6s+ directly in terms of power and overall soundquality. I like (so in my opinion) the sound better than the AK jr and definetly better than the Shanling m0s (this was my biggest mistake ever). For 100% sure!

The only thing I can say, if you think you can have better in this area at this moment? That will hard to find.. considering in this pricerange.

On my device, Spotify and other apps are implemented easily and no problems at all! I updated the device first, then put the apk files on the SD and installed it via file management.

And for the record, I combine the m6 with the Final E5000 now (also a great product btw!). Will try my N3AP later. This is a wonderful combination already. If there are people here who are thinking ‘should I give it a try?’.. I say yes you must try it. This is typically a no-brainer! Good overall performance.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #935 of 3,610
Well today after I don’t exactly how many hours (80?)the sound sig of my M6 has changed. I have been playing the crap out of it and comparing it to my AK SR15 (for poops and giggles) and although it sounded close it lacked the 3D stage and treble extension/dynamics and was more neutral and thicker in the mids.

Today after many comparative listens it no longer sounds neutral, but now it’s got more bite and excitement and the stage doesn’t seem as linear- flat. Now the stage is wrapping around my head more and things have sharpened up for lack of a better word. Mids sound more open, bass has more of a punch, and highs have more air and presence in the stage.

It’s now closer to SR15- although not as powerful of course or precise. but I’m amazed at the weight of the notes and dynamics now. Thankfully I like my treble as long as it’s not peaky or sibilant, because it might be an issue now with hotter iems/cans like ATs and Grados. Although it’s pretty well controlled so it shouldn’t be, and everything has kind of got more punch/opened up so it doesn’t sound artificially exaggerated for the sake of seeming like it has more detail.

I wonder if anyone else will experience this? :) But hey I trust what my ears tell me.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #936 of 3,610
Hi guys.
My Fiio M6 has just arrived and I have already updated to the firmware 10.1. I am, for now, very satisfied with the purchase. The only thing I complain about is replay gain. It does not level the volume of the songs well. The volume changes often. I use FLAC files and they are all put in one folder. I use album option. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Are you working?

Jan 30, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #939 of 3,610
need help, how do i connect to wifi with log in? its just say connected but no internet, it should prompt a username and password to connect to the internet

Did you set it up under settings, then WiFi? It should ask for your password after you select your network.

Jan 30, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #940 of 3,610
need help, how do i connect to wifi with log in? its just say connected but no internet, it should prompt a username and password to connect to the internet
You mean a wifi that requires to login via a browser? that can be complicated I guess..

Jan 30, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #941 of 3,610
Hi All,

Just want to share my experience so far with the m6.. and I had several sources before..

This is a great product. Amazing price/quality product. Yes, it is pocket size, but still big enough to use the screen very well. Have an AK jr and had the Shanling M0 before and just tested the Plenue V.. I bought this device too, because I never ever wanted a Fiio before (read several negative reviews about the firmware, thin sound etcetc), but I thought with this brand new device ‘why not?’ and now I think, what an idiot I was before..

It’s amazing.. and yes it outperforms my iPhone 6s+ directly in terms of power and overall soundquality. I like (so in my opinion) the sound better than the AK jr and definetly better than the Shanling m0s (this was my biggest mistake ever). For 100% sure!

The only thing I can say, if you think you can have better in this area at this moment? That will hard to find..

On my device, Spotify and other apps are implemented easily and no problems at all! I updated the device first, then put the apk files on the SD and installed it via file management.

And for the record, I combine the m6 with the Final E5000 now (also a great product btw!). Will try my N3AP later. This is a wonderful combination already. If there are people here who are thinking ‘should I give it a try?’.. I say yes you must try it and hope you will have the same experience I have with this no-brainer! Good overall performance.

Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing the experience. When my Nexus 6P phone went out of order (I used it with a fiio K1 and was very happy) one of the options for music was going back to the iPod Touch, and from there I thought, maybe a 6S (I may need an iPhone for work).
So, I was wondering about the comparison.

I've been using FiiO for sometime now (Q1,K1,A1,E12 and the X1/X1II players) and last week I received the BTR1K bluetooth dongle. Geez, I never thought bluetooth would actually work THAT well. I'm really sold on FiiO these days.
I'll have my M6 on February 11th approximately, and to say I'm extremely eager is an understamente if there ever was one :D

Jan 30, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #942 of 3,610
Did you set it up under settings, then WiFi? It should ask for your password after you select your network.

There's no password needed but a log in, its a private network

You mean a wifi that requires to login via a browser? that can be complicated I guess..

Yes, I think that's the problem it has no browser installed.

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #943 of 3,610
Yes, I think that's the problem it has no browser installed.
I imagined that, and I also can surely tell there won't be (and maybe shouldn't be) a browser because they're huge resources consumers (well at least Chrome). Maybe a slimmer browser..
Anyway it's not an uncommon need, a wifi that requires a browser login, seen quite a few, in hotels too..

How about this as a workaround.. Connect your phone to the browser-validated network and then set up the phone as a hotspot and connect the M6 to that hotspot? Not what you intended but should work I guess.
(Myself I'll use the M6 on the road so I plan to connect to my phone's 4G as hotspot)

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #945 of 3,610
@FiiO @JamesFiiO
3. Being able to change font size so people with a not so good vision could also be comfortable. Like for example, when scrolling in "artist", instead of seeing 7 by page you can choose to see 4 but with a bigger font size, etc.

All good ones but this one gets my short sighted guy vote :) In fact that was a thing that turned me off a little from the X1, granted the screen is tiny but I think there was still room to make the font bigger in the "now playing" screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back