[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 12, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #616 of 3,610
73C81370-0022-4F74-B384-2F14017D54ED.jpeg 40AFB39E-D91C-4528-BB7D-85658030CF3F.jpeg I have that same case on the way, got it cheaper for some reason. I also have this pouch type thing that hangs on a belt loop...I’ve had it like 30 years...lol

Jan 12, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #617 of 3,610
I've watched a portafi review on YouTube, I like the gallery icon/feature from settings. Is that literally a gallery of album art or can the album art be chosen to play the subsequent album??

Gallery is just displaying album covers. Not really useful feature of course.
I think FiiO should consider adding such list with albums cover to player itself

Jan 12, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #618 of 3,610
I guess it's just the standard Android gallery app will show any picture in the device

Jan 13, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #624 of 3,610
So wee update. Sound for anyone interested is not like any FIIO product I've had before... but that's only the X1 and then DACs e10k and a30. But they all had a thicker body to the sound, and heavy bass (not the most resolute).

The M6 is the opposite. With all the IEMs I've used so far I'm getting the same vibe. It has a much thinner sound, very airy, very BA like body. Sub bass extension isn't anything special, mid bass tho is very quick and gives it just enough warmth as to be smooth. Detail is very good. No harshness with any earphones I've used. Quite liking it.

USB DAC :

PRO Windows very easy to set up. Plug in and it installs driver right away. Instantly pops up in Sound as a playback device. Same sound. Good match with the AMPS I have, clean sound.

CON - M6 heats up very quickly as a DAC?

Didn't buy it for DAC though... but it does give me a different sound to my more V shaped Sabaj DA3

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #625 of 3,610
So wee update. Sound for anyone interested is not like any FIIO product I've had before... but that's only the X1 and then DACs e10k and a30. But they all had a thicker body to the sound, and heavy bass (not the most resolute).

The M6 is the opposite. With all the IEMs I've used so far I'm getting the same vibe. It has a much thinner sound, very airy, very BA like body. Sub bass extension isn't anything special, mid bass tho is very quick and gives it just enough warmth as to be smooth. Detail is very good. No harshness with any earphones I've used. Quite liking it.

Interesting, I'm a bassy guy myself (every ear and taste is different), hence the only headphones i've liked are Sennheisers (always bought portable ones, I use them in the commute). Currently PX100II, bassy, loud. Love'em.
I'm using X1/X1II and they feel allright, though I use them mostly in line out mode connected to my big amp.

We'll have to see about the M6, been planning to use it in the commute instead of the phone + amp/dac, but possibilities are a lot.

USB DAC :

PRO Windows very easy to set up. Plug in and it installs driver right away. Instantly pops up in Sound as a playback device. Same sound. Good match with the AMPS I have, clean sound.

CON - M6 heats up very quickly as a DAC?

Didn't buy it for DAC though... but it does give me a different sound to my more V shaped Sabaj DA3

Good tip about the heat. Yeah not buying for the computer DAC (I have a Q1 that I use for that - runs coldest, coldest, also getting a BTR1K that can do such thing).
Will test it though!

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #628 of 3,610
Interesting, I'm a bassy guy myself (every ear and taste is different), hence the only headphones i've liked are Sennheisers (always bought portable ones, I use them in the commute). Currently PX100II, bassy, loud. Love'em.
I'm using X1/X1II and they feel allright, though I use them mostly in line out mode connected to my big amp.

I'll have a listen with my Px100II to

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #629 of 3,610
So tried with the PX100II and I'll say up font, it's probably the best I've heard them. The airy nature of the M6 def helps expand that soundstage and takes a bit of the thickness out of the Senn. BUT the meaty sub bass of the PX100II has 100% been toned down, less lushy (that a word?) and doesn't have the same weight. The notes are still there... I actually think it sounds better for it. Might stick with this pairing rest of the night :)

Backs up my initial findings that this is a more balanced sounding DAP. Airy, soft and clean, detail is very good. Although there's a lighter touch to the body it isn't lacking in impact.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #630 of 3,610
So tried with the PX100II and I'll say up font, it's probably the best I've heard them. The airy nature of the M6 def helps expand that soundstage and takes a bit of the thickness out of the Senn. BUT the meaty sub bass of the PX100II has 100% been toned down, less lushy (that a word?) and doesn't have the same weight. The notes are still there... I actually think it sounds better for it. Might stick with this pairing rest of the night :)

Backs up my initial findings that this is a more balanced sounding DAP. Airy, soft and clean, detail is very good. Although there's a lighter touch to the body it isn't lacking in impact.

WHOOA great that you got to test them with the same headphones I have! Well to be honest some combinations I have made with the PX100II sound a little .. fatiguing, so if they take out a bit of that "muddy" thickness it's really a cool thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back