[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 11, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #601 of 3,610
C4EC9768-BB17-49C8-B620-285835BB5647.jpeg

I hooked mine up to ibasso d14 dac/amp so I could crank up my Audeze Sine. Using LO (line out) setting I’m taking the M6 into D14s amp and it sounds great...Spotify via Wifi on M6!!

Attachments

• BCBB607A-0F4B-4B26-8BA4-91E3F5899476.jpeg
    BCBB607A-0F4B-4B26-8BA4-91E3F5899476.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 11, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #602 of 3,610
It seems that "Unwanted applications can be removed"? I got this from a Polish review, and it's interesting because I don't plan on using KKBOX, NetEase, MMOV, Joox etc.. they're not even available in my country. That's positive, I thought for a while they were stuff with some kind of deal you couldn't remove. Great.

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #603 of 3,610
Hope someone can give me some advice. I cannot load the MPT and USB DAC drivers onto my laptop. They loaded successfully on my desktop, so something is stopping both drivers on the laptop.

The Samsung phone driver error only states 'MSS install wizard could not install Samsung USB driver'. No error report or details.

The Fiio dac driver error 'ERROR: Pre-installation of 'C:\Program Files\FiiO\FiiO_Driver\W10_x64\fiio_usbaudioks.inf' failed.
Please run setup again!'

I turned off modem, Windows firewall, and Avira virus protection, suspecting one might be blocking the files. Same result. I copied the completed files from the desktop onto the laptop, but that doesn't work. I also, copied the .inf file from the desktop to the laptop, but same result.

The supplied files themselves are fine, and the problem is isolated to my laptop. Strange that both files won't load.

Any suggestions would be great. I'm not tech savvy, so please keep it simple if you have a solution!

Cheers

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #604 of 3,610
Hope someone can give me some advice. I cannot load the MPT and USB DAC drivers onto my laptop. They loaded successfully on my desktop, so something is stopping both drivers on the laptop.

The Samsung phone driver error only states 'MSS install wizard could not install Samsung USB driver'. No error report or details.

The Fiio dac driver error 'ERROR: Pre-installation of 'C:\Program Files\FiiO\FiiO_Driver\W10_x64\fiio_usbaudioks.inf' failed.
Please run setup again!'

I turned off modem, Windows firewall, and Avira virus protection, suspecting one might be blocking the files. Same result. I copied the completed files from the desktop onto the laptop, but that doesn't work. I also, copied the .inf file from the desktop to the laptop, but same result.

The supplied files themselves are fine, and the problem is isolated to my laptop. Strange that both files won't load.

Any suggestions would be great. I'm not tech savvy, so please keep it simple if you have a solution!

Cheers

Did you try running the installer as administrator?

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #605 of 3,610
If somebody could confirm the fiio music functionality on the M6 works as per the app I've downloaded (android phone) then I'm in - the fiio app on my phone accesses my NAS and works perfectly over DLNA

Jan 12, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #606 of 3,610
That is the hope but I would like @FiiO to confirm it none the less. Again all the more reason to buy local as I wouldn't want to mess with having to ship it to another country. I had a warranty issue with an E07K and being able to take it back to the store was such a painless experience. I have also had to ship products to China under warranty and it was a major pain every time.

As for sufficient supply I guess it all depends on how well these three DAP's sell as to how long they will have stock on the 7270 and if they will hold any back for possible warranty coverage.

I think you will not get a confirmation now which will help you in a case in future which you are affraid of. I reccomend you stay away from the device and look somewhere else. (Good luck finding a company which gives you information about their stock on spare parts)

Jan 12, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #607 of 3,610
If somebody could confirm the fiio music functionality on the M6 works as per the app I've downloaded (android phone) then I'm in - the fiio app on my phone accesses my NAS and works perfectly over DLNA

Fiio music app on M6 have a more simple UI in comparison to FiiO Music on Android Phone but seems to provide same functionality.

FiiO Link from FiiO Music app on phone to M6 allow you to remote control FiiO Music app on M6 over BT but on limit to playing local file on M6.

With FiiO Link on, I have tried to play a media on NAS via DLNA from FiiO Music on phone does result the app on M6 to do the same, the sound still come out my phone not M6.

Playing a media on NAS via DLNA from M6 itself does work but some time buggy; the FLAC 24/192 causing error file not found while doing the same on Phone work perfectly.

Jan 12, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #610 of 3,610
I think you will not get a confirmation now which will help you in a case in future which you are affraid of. I reccomend you stay away from the device and look somewhere else. (Good luck finding a company which gives you information about their stock on spare parts)

I don't need to know stock levels just what Fiio plans to do when stock runs out, big difference. I don't need your recommendation I know what I am looking for and what is important to me. Warranties are not something everyone worries about but I have been buying and sold audio gear for a long time and I know the value of a warranty having had to make claims several times.

Jan 12, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #611 of 3,610
Bit the bullet and ordered one - should arrive tomorrow

Couple of questions...

1) is anybody using a 3rd party case for the fiio M6 at all? I don't think any have been made yet but wondered if anybody had improvised

2) I have a balanced cable with 2.5 connector on the end, would I get the same benefits using this cable if i got a 2.5 trrs female to 3.5 male adapter/connector

3) in the absence of a 3rd party case for the fiio, what do people use as a dap/iem carrier - sat nav or camera pouch?

Many thanks

Jan 12, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #612 of 3,610
1) is anybody using a 3rd party case for the fiio M6 at all? I don't think any have been made yet but wondered if anybody had improvised
(..)
3) in the absence of a 3rd party case for the fiio, what do people use as a dap/iem carrier - sat nav or camera pouch?

I bought the one at: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/C-M...layer-M6-Leather-cover-Black/32963929879.html
But as someone indicated, this is a case but won't protect the front (i.e not a bag). Still didn't get, waiting till the end of february for both the DAP and the case.

So for now, as you said, I bought this sorta ugly camera pouch :D until something better comes along!

upload_2019-1-12_15-53-48.png

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #613 of 3,610
Cheers for the info, I like the one on AE but like you say no screen protector.

I'll get hunting for a camera or sat nav pouch I reckon

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #614 of 3,610
I'll get hunting for a camera or sat nav pouch I reckon
Of course a GPS pouch how didn't I think of it! (MP3 players cases are more rare!). Will look for one now. Thanks :)

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #615 of 3,610
It's really sad that they couldn't get a battery capacity closer to that of the M7 with it's incredible battery life, with that the M6 would've been the definitive device. Though its true with it's small size it'd been difficult to make it fit. Who knows batteries are getting more and more efficient in the proportion of Mah/dimensions.

The build quality is really that bad? how about the battery life? 8-10h?

You should ask @FiiO @JamesFiiO, because that standby time you mention doesn't seem correct.
Build quality on my AP80 is excellent. It seems some have had wobbly volume wheels, and others (most?) have had no problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back