[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 10, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #3,422 of 3,610
Anyone else not able to use the M6 as a USB transport? Issues connecting Schiit DACs?
Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I have a similar issue. I have a Topping D70 DAC, and the M6 USB out plays just fine with it. But I have another older unit with no USB in, but optical and COAX digital inputs. Does anyone know of a USB to optical and/or Coaxial decoder that will work? I don't want to invest in a M9 which has one built in, and I already own a Schiit Eitr which should work, but doesn't. I'd hate to start buying random decoders only to find that they have issues with the M6, also. Thanks! Otherwise, the M6 has been treating me well.

MGbert

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #3,423 of 3,610
Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I have a similar issue. I have a Topping D70 DAC, and the M6 USB out plays just fine with it. But I have another older unit with no USB in, but optical and COAX digital inputs. Does anyone know of a USB to optical and/or Coaxial decoder that will work? I don't want to invest in a M9 which has one built in, and I already own a Schiit Eitr which should work, but doesn't. I'd hate to start buying random decoders only to find that they have issues with the M6, also. Thanks! Otherwise, the M6 has been treating me well.

MGbert
Dear friend,

We did not test the M6 via USB to optical/coaxial adapter so we could not confirm whether this connection could work. If there are local store in your city, you could have a test there first.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 11, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #3,424 of 3,610
Hello everybody,

Forgive me if my question has been raised before, but this is a very long thread.

My current portable set up consists of a Motorola phone used with an iFi xDSD DAC/amp (USB input for serious listening, but sometimes Bluetooth). I really enjoy the sound of the iFi, but I want to start using a music only device instead of my phone.

I am looking for a DAP which can play Tidal and Qobuz in offline mode, and can output MQA from Tidal, and Qobuz without resampling, to my DAC. With my phone Tidal and Qobuz sound really good with USB Audio Player Pro, but this app does not support offline, I really notice my phone screwing up the sound when I play downloads from the Tidal/Qobuz apps.

How well does the Fiio M6 do with offline Tidal and Qobuz via USB output? Does anyone here use the M6 with a separate DAC, or does anyone have a suggestion for a DAP which would suit my needs better than an M6?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #3,425 of 3,610
Hello everybody,

Forgive me if my question has been raised before, but this is a very long thread.

My current portable set up consists of a Motorola phone used with an iFi xDSD DAC/amp (USB input for serious listening, but sometimes Bluetooth). I really enjoy the sound of the iFi, but I want to start using a music only device instead of my phone.

I am looking for a DAP which can play Tidal and Qobuz in offline mode, and can output MQA from Tidal, and Qobuz without resampling, to my DAC. With my phone Tidal and Qobuz sound really good with USB Audio Player Pro, but this app does not support offline, I really notice my phone screwing up the sound when I play downloads from the Tidal/Qobuz apps.

How well does the Fiio M6 do with offline Tidal and Qobuz via USB output? Does anyone here use the M6 with a separate DAC, or does anyone have a suggestion for a DAP which would suit my needs better than an M6?
The FiiO M6 is very slow. You may get frustrated with it over time. With a lot of Android DAPs you can only get bit-perfect Tidal playing through UAPP and I'm not sure you can use a paid-for UAPP on the M6. Anyone playing bit-perfect through the M6?

Mar 13, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #3,426 of 3,610
The FiiO M6 is very slow. You may get frustrated with it over time. With a lot of Android DAPs you can only get bit-perfect Tidal playing through UAPP and I'm not sure you can use a paid-for UAPP on the M6. Anyone playing bit-perfect through the M6?

UAPP on M6 + Q5s TC 💃
IMG_20210312_222228_186.jpg
IMG_20210312_183527_813.jpg

Mar 13, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #3,427 of 3,610
UAPP on M6 + Q5s TC 💃
Very nice little setup. Looks really smart. The M6 has such a great form factor and for £100 it is real value, but with .768G of RAM there is a limit to how fast it can run. Shame they couldn't upgrade it to 2 Gig of RAM. It would be perfect. I got my one out just now but it struggles and is just too slowww using Amazon HD. It's good to see you getting such good bitrates though. I upgraded to the HiBy R5 and sidegraded from Tidal to Amazon HD.

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #3,429 of 3,610
UAPP on M6 + Q5s TC 💃IMG_20210312_222228_186.jpgIMG_20210312_183527_813.jpg

Wow, how do you get UAPP working on the M6 without Google Play Store? I purchased UAPP regular in Google Play Store, but how I can use it on the M6?

I tried today to manually install Google Play Store, Google Play Services, Google Framework and other related apps, but the Google Framework keeps crashing, I guess a dependent app is missing in the hardly customized/downsized Android ROM from the M6.

Mar 16, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #3,430 of 3,610
Hi guys. What’s the best way to maximize battery while listening to this in Bluetooth mode? Wifi is off and brightness is very low. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #3,431 of 3,610
Hi guys. What’s the best way to maximize battery while listening to this in Bluetooth mode? Wifi is off and brightness is very low. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
According to Fiio, maximum battery life is achieved using Bluetooth rather than wired headphones. With wifi off and screen brightness turned down low, there’s not too much else you can do. To minimise screen on time, I tend to use the volume button to skip tracks, but for me it’s more down to convenience rather than saving battery.

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #3,432 of 3,610
Very nice little setup. Looks really smart. The M6 has such a great form factor and for £100 it is real value, but with .768G of RAM there is a limit to how fast it can run. Shame they couldn't upgrade it to 2 Gig of RAM. It would be perfect. I got my one out just now but it struggles and is just too slowww using Amazon HD. It's good to see you getting such good bitrates though. I upgraded to the HiBy R5 and sidegraded from Tidal to Amazon HD.

i do agree, but for casual listening, bluetooth reciever & offline stacking is pretty smooth 💖 even dsd on bit perfect mode

So UAAP works on the M6. How about Hi Res streaming services (Tidal etc.) in offline mode? Does that work at all, or with typical Android resampling?
i don't know... offliner here 💃 but as long you toggle bit perfect on it should be native sampling rate

Wow, how do you get UAPP working on the M6 without Google Play Store? I purchased UAPP regular in Google Play Store, but how I can use it on the M6?

I tried today to manually install Google Play Store, Google Play Services, Google Framework and other related apps, but the Google Framework keeps crashing, I guess a dependent app is missing in the hardly customized/downsized Android ROM from the M6.
i can't say here 😻

1615967239196-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #3,433 of 3,610
So UAAP works on the M6. ...
??? @chichaphile, Please advise how? (I'm holding myself back from bothering you over PM. I"m sure that in not private either.) Or advise on which forum one might find the trick to install the play store on the M6 such that it does not continually crash, as the pre-requisite for the uapp licences validation.

P.s.dying for UAPP on the M6 as when I use the M6 as a usb source to the E1DA PowerDAC V2 _without_ UAPP it is significantly audibly inferior when compared to using my Samsung Note 8 as a usb source with UAPP.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #3,434 of 3,610
??? @chichaphile, Please advise how? (I'm holding myself back from bothering you over PM. I"m sure that in not private either.) Or advise on which forum one might find the trick to install the play store on the M6 such that it does not continually crash, as the pre-requisite for the uapp licences validation.

P.s.dying for UAPP on the M6 as when I use the M6 as a usb source to the E1DA PowerDAC V2 _without_ UAPP it is significantly audibly inferior when compared to using my Samsung Note 8 as a usb source with UAPP.

PM'ed 💃

Apr 2, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #3,435 of 3,610
hi
when spotify installed on fiio m6 ,spotify's connect other devices feature can be usable?( e.g control spotify installed on phone) i really need answer before buy fiio m6.thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back