[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Nov 9, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #3,406 of 3,610
Nov 9, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #3,407 of 3,610
Thank you, that seems to have solved the crashing file manager issue, but Musicolet still won't recognize the album that I can see is there (on my new file manager app). Musicolet has also been crashing from time to time in the past week. I'm guessing I need to try a new version of Musicolet? So annoying.

Well, it looks like I have the most recent version of Musicolet compatible with the Fiio M6 (version 4.4 build 205). I tried installing version 4.4.1 build 210 and I got the "this app isn't compatible with your phone" message.

Nov 9, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #3,408 of 3,610
Nov 9, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #3,409 of 3,610

Thank you, I don't know why but I was able to install that version for some reason.

Musicolet is still having scanning issues though. Sometimes it takes forever to scan and then seemingly gets hung up on scanning a random album (different one every time) and sometimes it just crashes during scanning. Currently it is scanning and has been doing so for close to an hour.

Nov 14, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #3,410 of 3,610
Thank you, I don't know why but I was able to install that version for some reason.

Musicolet is still having scanning issues though. Sometimes it takes forever to scan and then seemingly gets hung up on scanning a random album (different one every time) and sometimes it just crashes during scanning. Currently it is scanning and has been doing so for close to an hour.

This version of Musicolet is giving me more issues than the version I had previously. It is crashing all the time and it also has the scanning issues.

Maybe I need to try a different DAP. The M6 has been a huge headache for me.

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #3,413 of 3,610
I have tried many other apps and Musicolet is the one that has worked best for me on the M6 haha.
I only have 2 music apps on my M6, PowerAmp (latest paid version by MaxMP from PowerAmp website) and Amazon Music (latest version from APK Pure for streaming). There are 6 icons on my home screen - File Management, Gallery, Technical Support, Settings, Amazon Music and Poweramp. I have zero problems with my M6.

Nov 17, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #3,414 of 3,610
I only have 2 music apps on my M6, PowerAmp (latest paid version by MaxMP from PowerAmp website) and Amazon Music (latest version from APK Pure for streaming). There are 6 icons on my home screen - File Management, Gallery, Technical Support, Settings, Amazon Music and Poweramp. I have zero problems with my M6.

Outside of the 3 weeks immediately after updating the firmware to 1.0.4 and installing Musicolet version 4.4 build 205 (after those 3 weeks of bliss the problems started up again for some reason), my M6 has been mostly headaches for about 2 years now.

The only apps I have on my M6 are Technical Support, Settings, Musicolet, and X-plore (a replacement for File Management, which just continuously crashed for me).

I've never even attempted streaming on it.

Dec 4, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #3,417 of 3,610
now if fiio or someone could make something in the jelly2 form factor with all the bt codecs..
x.jpg

Dec 10, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #3,418 of 3,610
I can't get Tidal or Roon working with a Mojo. Fiio App works with mojo. Also can't get Tidal or Roon working with other DAC's the other dacs show its connected at 384 but no sound comes out.
Also can't get it to connect to Shield TV. I can play music from iphone or v35 to M6. But the Shield TV won't even see it.
It also not working from v35 to M6 as Bluetooth receiver when using a USB DAC.
Basically all the reasons I bought this thing for are not working.

I wanted to use my Mojo with my Shield TV. And also have access to Roon with my Mojo. Plus Tidal offline to the Mojo. I have not use for this think if I'm stuck with the m6 Sabre Dac. I already own a btr5.

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #3,419 of 3,610
Hi, I own the fiio m5 and fiio btr3k. The sq in both in ldac codec streaming from tiddle hifi is much less good than play flac directly from the m5. I mean like a really noticeable and significant improvement.
So now I consider to by the fiio m6, and The question is how much is the m6 better than the m5 in sound quality, when play directly offline songs?

Dec 28, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #3,420 of 3,610
My brother is looking at buying an m6 for his SONY wireless earbuds. He's wanting to use Spotify, including offline mode and get a decent sound. The only thing tho I've managed to pair the M6 with tho is my phone and my PC... so is there a way of pairing other (non FIIO) BT devices?

EDIT : If not, any cheap alternative DAPs under £100? He doesn't want to you his phone as his battery is poor so a dongle isn't an option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back