[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Aug 4, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #3,301 of 3,610
The M6 has such a small amount of RAM, 768k that is lucky it even can produce a noise. I've no idea what pulsar does, but thanks to @greenflash for opening it up in times gone by.
Of course there are 'bigger' apps like the Hiby but the M6 struggles with them if I remember correctly. If you're aware of an app that will run a higher rate without struggling let us know, cos a lot will like it.
I was merely asking a question. Also, Hiby works well for me on the M6, though a little on the heavier side when it comes to resources needed.

Aug 4, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #3,302 of 3,610
I was merely asking a question. Also, Hiby works well for me on the M6, though a little on the heavier side when it comes to resources needed.
It's such a shame though, because with even just a gig of RAM the M6 (and the M9) would have been different animals. 768 mg?? Que? On Pulsar most of my tracks are relatively lower bitrates and I do not have a clue to what Pulsar does to them. I do use Tidal and Amazon HD to stream from the M6 and both Tidal Masters and Amazon Ultra play perfectly well although I have no idea if they are playing at the bitrates that they are supposed to. I still love the form factor of the M6, but my annoyance is with FiiO for using a below par chip and therefore shortening the longevity of the M6. I hope they bring out a similar Dap with more RAM. I've moved on now to the Hiby R5 and I am really happy with it. I do not like clunky, large Phone sized DAPs at all and the form factor of the M6 was perfect.

Aug 4, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #3,303 of 3,610
I have put Pulsar on my M6, and it seems to work ok, so I’ll stick with it for a while and see how it pans out. I tried jumping around to different tracks and albums to try and recreate the glitch at the start of tracks, and it seems to be fine.

However, I went back to Fiio Music to check for glitches, but it worked perfectly. Strange...

Aug 4, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #3,304 of 3,610
Can anybody recommend a (free)music player to put on my M6 to use instead of Fiio Music, please? I’m just looking to try and fix the issue where the playback glitches when I select a new track. I suspect it’s caused by a lack of processing power, but I’m trying to find a solution.

I use Musicolet. It runs fine on the M6. The version whitelisted by Fiio prior to the firmware update works as well as a newer version that I downloaded from APK Pure.

I hated the fact that Fiio Music plays a random track (not the track previously played) when the 'previous track' button is pressed.

Aug 7, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #3,308 of 3,610
poweramp works here also fine. Would not mind a fiio m6 v2, same form factor but higher specs. Do have the hiby r3, but find the m6 easier to navigate etc when setting the width of the screen (dpi).

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #3,310 of 3,610
Can you elaborate on 'setting the width of the screen'?
changing the dpi- more info on the screen

91086ea8-19b4-4852-911b-ce9dacf80fe4.jpg

Aug 10, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #3,313 of 3,610
Good day! Has anyone compared the Fiio M6 to the Sony a105? Im looking out for an small Android dap

Aug 12, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #3,314 of 3,610
Is everyone happy with the battery life of their M6? Probably my biggest gripe with it is the less-than-stellar battery life. Playing a continuous loop of the same burn-in MP3 track with volume set at 60 through a pair of sensitive and REALLY easy to drive earbuds (32ohms), my M6's battery drains an average of 8% per hour. Wifi and bluetooth are both off. This happens using the Fiio Music app as well as Musicolet.

Aug 13, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #3,315 of 3,610
Is everyone happy with the battery life of their M6? Probably my biggest gripe with it is the less-than-stellar battery life. Playing a continuous loop of the same burn-in MP3 track with volume set at 60 through a pair of sensitive and REALLY easy to drive earbuds (32ohms), my M6's battery drains an average of 8% per hour. Wifi and bluetooth are both off. This happens using the Fiio Music app as well as Musicolet.
That's over 12 hours, and sounds about right to me. I believe Fiio claim about 13 hours using Bluetooth, and a bit less using wired headphones. In normal use though, I find it won't get close to that, but i don't think the battery life is bad for such a small device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back