[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Oct 31, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #2,987 of 3,610
Yes i believe you can save spotify for offline streaming (you can with tidal, so i imagine you can with Spotify)
Yes Mojo changes color with sample rate (using the Fiio app)
Glitch occurs occasionally and without rhyme or reason, maybe once every 30 seconds or so, when the screen is on, much more rarely with screen off and you are just listening to music without fiddling with the player, maybe every few minute. It's like a slight pop. Similar to the rf interference when you get too close to a cellphone with mojo. Maybe that's what it is; i've not more than a metre away from a cellphone as i listen now. It could be rf interference with the M6 itself.

Loud and clear, thanks.

I also encounter the glitching with mojo+iphone through OnkyoHF but I believe it was not caused by crosstalk and instead caused by the Onkyo app due to its running DSD2.8/5.6. It only happened when you close the display and very seldom while playing even open/close display. Maybe because the app is playing and upsampling the files at the same time causing some buffering issue. I'm using my iphone5s on airplane mode but wifi on and seems slow already.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #2,988 of 3,610
Hello, Does M6 saves spotify music for offline playback?
Also does Mojo changes color depending on sample rate from M6?
Thanks.
I have negative experiences with playing downloaded content with Spotify on the M6.

Seemsnlike this is to much for the M6, and regular stuttering occurs. Also device runs hot, and battery drains faster, so I just stick to Streaming in high quality mode

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #2,989 of 3,610
Loud and clear, thanks.

I also encounter the glitching with mojo+iphone through OnkyoHF but I believe it was not caused by crosstalk and instead caused by the Onkyo app due to its running DSD2.8/5.6. It only happened when you close the display and very seldom while playing even open/close display. Maybe because the app is playing and upsampling the files at the same time causing some buffering issue. I'm using my iphone5s on airplane mode but wifi on and seems slow already.
Its always been a problem with the Mojo, and a bit embarrassing for Chord, that the Mojo was touted as a portable panacea to transform phone music and it suffers from intereference so readily :)

I've never really used it a portable device since the early days in 2015 when all I had was the X3ii and mojo, linked via coax. That was a good combo. Once I got the X7ii (and due to battery issues with the mojo) it sort of fell by the wayside as a portable. Now it's my main desktop solution :)

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #2,990 of 3,610
Can someone please direct me to a download link for NetEase Music which Fiio recommends. The latest version 6.4.4 is unusable on the M6.. I cant find the download link provided by Fiio. Thanks
Dear friend,

Would you mind a factory restore and it will be back.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 1, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #2,991 of 3,610
Dear friend,

Would you mind a factory restore and it will be back.

Best regards
Thanks for the suggestion.

Nov 2, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #2,992 of 3,610
I finished my in-depth review of the FiiO M5 and M6, including comparisons with other DAPs :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/11/tiny-music-machines-fiio-m5-m6-dap.html

FiiO-M5-DAP-Ultra-Portable-Bluetooth-Airplay-APT-X-LDAC-Battery-Life-Watch-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-21.jpg

Nov 3, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #2,993 of 3,610
I have negative experiences with playing downloaded content with Spotify on the M6.

Seemsnlike this is to much for the M6, and regular stuttering occurs. Also device runs hot, and battery drains faster, so I just stick to Streaming in high quality mode

I have no problem with downloaded spotify music and get 10hrs max, seems good enough due to mojo only go as far as 10hrs for me.

My only issue with spotify is that when you "next song" the volume goes up for 2secs then will normalize, but if screen is off there is no issue with skipping song.
That issue also appear when scanning in any part of the song. Volume goes up for 2-seconds then will normalize when screen is on only.

Nov 3, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #2,994 of 3,610
You can go into settings on Spotify and check off “normalize “ and other options, I also have no problem with listening to Spotify downloads etc.
My thing is where is the latest Spotify apk file so I can update the original version I put on last Christmas!
Anybody have a link to where lastest Spotify app can be downloaded for a sideload onto M6?

Nov 3, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #2,995 of 3,610
You can go into settings on Spotify and check off “normalize “ and other options, I also have no problem with listening to Spotify downloads etc.
My thing is where is the latest Spotify apk file so I can update the original version I put on last Christmas!
Anybody have a link to where lastest Spotify app can be downloaded for a sideload onto M6?
apkpure?

Nov 3, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #2,996 of 3,610
Yes the version I have is old, I want to update the app.

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #2,998 of 3,610
No updates at all on Fiio Music App fixes!

1. Fix for tracks not sorting in alphabetical order?
2. Fix for glitch when playing some tracks, getting worse?
3. App crashes multiple times when scanning new tracks?

I ask because the Hiby R3 Pro has been announced which has some improvements over the Hiby R3. Slightly more power SE, alot more balanced, twice the battery life at 20 hours SE, dual CS dacs and bluetooth 5.0. Oh yeah and Linux based OS vs Android. On paper it looks like a great option so if Fiio isn't going to do anything more to fix my M7 issues by the time the R3 Pro is available I will have to seriously consider moving to the R3 Pro.

The clock is ticking Fiio

Nov 4, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #2,999 of 3,610
Bought an M6 but I cannot install the supplied MTP driver (SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1590.exe) on Win 10 Home due to security reasons, even from a user with administrator privileges. Is there any plans for releasing a driver version up to the Win 10 security requirements?

Nov 4, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #3,000 of 3,610

It was the EQ causing it so I just disable EQ when using M6 alone. But when mojo does the decoding, the volume issue don't show up so I can use EQ. Too bad, I only EQ flat on mojo to imphasize clarity more. I need the EQ on M6 because there are some sonics not imphasized well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back