[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Oct 15, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #2,956 of 3,610
Hi,

What I've meant is after the restart on the M6, the crackling is now gone when turning on/off the screen from the m6.

I did transfer some files to the M6 via the wired USB, then aftewards I've reconnected the Q1MK2 and the crackling is now back

Update:
restarting the M6 with the Q1MK2 seems to alleviate the crackling thing.

I've started the process of returning my M6 due to these issues but I think it's worth mentioning that in addition to the screen on/off crackles when connected to my Q5 via USB my unit was also making cracking noises when my finger touched the illuminated screen in order to select and to move between tracks while connected to the Q5. No other player I've had, Fiio or otherwise, has ever behaved in this way before.

I know absolutely bugger all about electronics but this sort of behaviour in a device calls to mind experiences I've had with Hifi devices - turntables for instance - which have been improperly earthed.

I've since got a Fiio M9 to do the job that I had hoped the M6 would do - i.e, portable audio with occasional work as a transport - and it's doing sterling work just as pretty much every other Fiio device I've ever had has done before this.

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #2,957 of 3,610
I've started the process of returning my M6 due to these issues but I think it's worth mentioning that in addition to the screen on/off crackles when connected to my Q5 via USB my unit was also making cracking noises when my finger touched the illuminated screen in order to select and to move between tracks while connected to the Q5. No other player I've had, Fiio or otherwise, has ever behaved in this way before.

I know absolutely bugger all about electronics but this sort of behaviour in a device calls to mind experiences I've had with Hifi devices - turntables for instance - which have been improperly earthed.

I've since got a Fiio M9 to do the job that I had hoped the M6 would do - i.e, portable audio with occasional work as a transport - and it's doing sterling work just as pretty much every other Fiio device I've ever had has done before this.

Sorry to hear of your problems. I have the M6, M11 and X7ii and I gave my better half an M9 for xmas last. The M9 is a really sweet sounding player compared to the M6 and it's what made me get the M11 in fact (I like the lush, airy AK dac sound). I really was quite jealous, of my wife for a while, I even tried to convince here to take the M6 from me "it's much smaller and easier in your handbag", lol, it didn't work out well for me :) . You'll have a good time with it I'm sure. It's really a nice "real" player compared to the M6.

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #2,958 of 3,610
The M9 is a really sweet sounding player compared to the M6 and it's what made me get the M11 in fact.

For walking around, I rather liked the slightly warm & musical sound of the M6 plus the size and ease of using it (compared to the Cayin N3 it replaced - which sounded superb but had a UI from the last century). The M9 works just fine as a high-res walkabout device. I have the M11 at home and damn near worship the thing - an incredible device.

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #2,959 of 3,610
For walking around, I rather liked the slightly warm & musical sound of the M6 plus the size and ease of using it (compared to the Cayin N3 it replaced - which sounded superb but had a UI from the last century). The M9 works just fine as a high-res walkabout device. I have the M11 at home and damn near worship the thing - an incredible device.

I do like the m11 alot; its a gorgeous experience. However, I can't quite get over how scintillating the X7ii sounds now Ive fitted the AM5 amp to it. M11's lack of Google play services to be able to add UAPP is a pain :frowning2:

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #2,960 of 3,610
I'm moving on from my M6. It's given me a lot of enjoyment and is great for being on the move. The M9 is definitely better sounding and the balanced 2.5mm gives it that more potent output. So I'm moving on to the Ibasso DX 160. FiiO's are great but the M11 upgrade is out of my budget range, so I've got a good deal on the Ibasso DX160. All in all the FiiOs were great, just short of the RAM needed to give them that little bit of processing power that would make using them effortless. A great benefit of the FiiOs is the APTX-HD. It's quite easy to get inexpensive APTX-HD receivers for using with a HiFi Amp for a great sound. It's not easy to get LDAC receivers so the FiiOs have a major advantage over most other DAP's which tend not support APTX-HD but have LDAC.

Oct 19, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #2,961 of 3,610
Is Fiio M6 not compatible with an old iPad charger? I thought it should be compatible since its output is 5V 2.4A. I just tried to charge it using an iPad charger and now there is no red light on the light indicator. Does it mean that I've fried the battery or something? :frowning2: Feels bad man if that's the case. I never had problems before charging devices using an iPad charger since it's 5V anyway.

Oct 20, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #2,962 of 3,610
I am having issues with DLNA which i did not have in the last fw... i use Asset UPNP and almost always (though sometimes it does find the server) the m6 cannot find the Asset UPNP server where as my phones have no issues with it. Anyone else face this problem?

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #2,964 of 3,610
Is Fiio M6 not compatible with an old iPad charger? I thought it should be compatible since its output is 5V 2.4A. I just tried to charge it using an iPad charger and now there is no red light on the light indicator. Does it mean that I've fried the battery or something? :frowning2: Feels bad man if that's the case. I never had problems before charging devices using an iPad charger since it's 5V anyway.
The M6 should be ok with any USB charger, if that wasn’t the case then Fiio would have supplied their own one.

I would try a different charger, if you don’t have one, then try the USB port of a PC. I think it’s unlikely you’ve fried the battery.

Oct 21, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #2,965 of 3,610
Dear friend,

What red light? Can't your M6 be turned on now?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 21, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #2,966 of 3,610
Sure this has been asked before but can we PLEASE have the option to sort by Date Album Added? This would be a very useful feature!
Cheers
Dear friend,

Thanks for the feedback. We will report to the engineer for checking about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 21, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #2,967 of 3,610
The M6 should be ok with any USB charger, if that wasn’t the case then Fiio would have supplied their own one.

I would try a different charger, if you don’t have one, then try the USB port of a PC. I think it’s unlikely you’ve fried the battery.

Dear friend,

What red light? Can't your M6 be turned on now?

Best regards

Thx for the info. I solved the problem. So previously my M6 could not be charged. I already tried other chargers, using USB port on PC, etc. It wouldn't charge. When I tried to turn on the device by pressing the power button, it wouldn't turn on. (Indicator light turned to red for few seconds then no light again). So I thought I was stuck with an M6 which could not be charged or turned on.

Then I tried to play around with the buttons. I tried to press the power button + the top button on the left side. The combination somehow forced start the M6 again and after that I can charge M6. Maybe it's a bug or something with the software? Not sure, but anyway after that I can charge the M6 and now when I don't use my M6, I just switch it off to prevent battery drain. Last time my M6 went out of juice/battery since I forgot to charge it for a long time.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #2,968 of 3,610
Hopefully someone can help me out with this:

since I installed Spotify on the M6 I noticed that it will keep draining the battery while the device is not in use. Probably this is because the Spotify-Connect feature which sees the M6 as possible target for streaming Spotify to when using Spotify on other devices.
Personally I like this feature, and I'm using this, but I'm also using Spotify on other devices througout the day.

I noticed there are sleep settings in the M6's settings menu, so I'd like to set these up so the M6 goes to sleep when I'm not using for listening to music so the battery does not drain.

However there are 2 separate settings for setting up the sleep period, with different options.

Which option does what, and do I need to use both, or only of of these options?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #2,969 of 3,610
One is fixed sleep, other is sleep after inactivity.

Sleep after inactivity does not work when using Bluetooth. With inactivity turned on the m6 will always at some point just turn off when using the pause function.

Pretty annoying, issue reported months back.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #2,970 of 3,610
One is fixed sleep, other is sleep after inactivity.

Sleep after inactivity does not work when using Bluetooth. With inactivity turned on the m6 will always at some point just turn off when using the pause function.

Pretty annoying, issue reported months back.

so; basically what you are saying is that both options are not providing an adequate sleep function?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back