[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Aug 5, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #2,776 of 3,610
Do the links to the apps on the whitelist work for anybody using an Android smartphone?

They are regular Androdid app apk's. Better to get them from the Play Store, but they will work just the same sideloaded to your phone.

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #2,777 of 3,610
How can I solve the following problem:
when listening to Tidal via bluetooth headphones, when switching to the next song, the sound disappears, when you press any button on the player, it appears (there is no such problem through ordinary wired headphones)???

Aug 5, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #2,778 of 3,610
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 5, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #2,780 of 3,610
Dropped my m6 down to 90 shipped :) PM me if interested

US only

I'm just starting to educate myself on this new category of devices. I'm a home audio video enthusiast, but I've never had top shelf headphones or portable device other than iPod. I would love to have high end headphones, but I can't seem to find a way to fit them into my daily routines. This M6 seems to be offering more features than any other device at this price point in a very appealing form factor. What made you decide to sell yours? I understand completely if you have several other devices or target devices on the upper scale, just curious.

Aug 5, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #2,781 of 3,610
I'm just starting to educate myself on this new category of devices. I'm a home audio video enthusiast, but I've never had top shelf headphones or portable device other than iPod. I would love to have high end headphones, but I can't seem to find a way to fit them into my daily routines. This M6 seems to be offering more features than any other device at this price point in a very appealing form factor. What made you decide to sell yours? I understand completely if you have several other devices or target devices on the upper scale, just curious.

I have several lower scale devices too, :) just thinning the heard out. I really don't need a tiny player that streams. It's a great dap for sure.

Aug 5, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #2,782 of 3,610
Try to connect an usb mouse to M6 via OTG cable. It should work. Then you will be able to do a factory reset in Settings.

Thanks. I'll order a USB-C OTG cable from Amazon and give that a try.

Dear friend,

You may enter the recovery mode by holding the volume - and power button in power off status. Then select the wipe Cache option to see if it helps?

Best regards

As I found my old iBasso DX50 again and bluetooth transmitter I put the M6 aside for a bit. Four forgotten months later and I got it out again to see if I could get it working and still nothing. The screen is still unresponsive. I did buy a couple of OTG cables and using the buttons got the M6 into recovery mode, but was unable to do anything further. Battery is charged, but as the screen is not reacting so it will not reset.

Hugely disappointing, it sounded wonderful the short time it worked (I think less than a week, looking at this thread the screen stopped responding on the 1st of May). Any ideas Fiio sponsor? It's a relatively new M6.

Aug 5, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #2,783 of 3,610
As I found my old iBasso DX50 again and bluetooth transmitter I put the M6 aside for a bit. Four forgotten months later and I got it out again to see if I could get it working and still nothing. The screen is still unresponsive. I did buy a couple of OTG cables and using the buttons got the M6 into recovery mode, but was unable to do anything further. Battery is charged, but as the screen is not reacting so it will not reset.

Hugely disappointing, it sounded wonderful the short time it worked (I think less than a week, looking at this thread the screen stopped responding on the 1st of May). Any ideas Fiio sponsor? It's a relatively new M6.

Why didn't you get in touch with where you got it from at the time for a refund/replacement?

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #2,785 of 3,610
Is amazon the best place to purchase one of these in Canada? Does this device ever go on sale?

You should try electronicsforless.ca, they have had the M series DAP's on sale many times and seem to offer the best prices in general in Canada. Also avgearshop which is a supplier for amazon, and if you are out west try headphonebar.

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:23 AM Post #2,786 of 3,610
You should try electronicsforless.ca, they have had the M series DAP's on sale many times and seem to offer the best prices in general in Canada. Also avgearshop which is a supplier for amazon, and if you are out west try headphonebar.
Many thanks. I checked out electronicsforless, and unfortunately they don't have the M6 on sale, but the M9 is on sale for $349 CAD. That seems like a good discount. Should I be upgrading to the M9? Any opinions here on the M6 vs M9? I originally decided on the M6 because it uses the same SoC, RAM, OS, etc. I will be using this 90% of the time as a source for my office stereo and also while biking, kayaking which is why I like the smaller form factor.

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #2,789 of 3,610
Many thanks. I checked out electronicsforless, and unfortunately they don't have the M6 on sale, but the M9 is on sale for $349 CAD. That seems like a good discount. Should I be upgrading to the M9? Any opinions here on the M6 vs M9? I originally decided on the M6 because it uses the same SoC, RAM, OS, etc. I will be using this 90% of the time as a source for my office stereo and also while biking, kayaking which is why I like the smaller form factor.

I almost bought the M9 until I found a demo M7 for $219.00 and bought that instead. Didn't really need the wifi of the M6 and M9. It will definitely have better sound, build quality and power and I love the volume wheel on my M7 which the M9 has and the M6 doesn't. Even on sale it is still alot more than the M6 so it depends I guess on how much these other things mean to you and if you need the balanced output on the M9.

Aug 6, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #2,790 of 3,610
I almost bought the M9 until I found a demo M7 for $219.00 and bought that instead. Didn't really need the wifi of the M6 and M9. It will definitely have better sound, build quality and power and I love the volume wheel on my M7 which the M9 has and the M6 doesn't. Even on sale it is still alot more than the M6 so it depends I guess on how much these other things mean to you and if you need the balanced output on the M9.
I can get a M6 demo unit on amazon for $189, which is tempting, but I normally always buy new, so I'm not sure what to expect from a demo unit? There is a steep learning curve with many options to choose from in this segment. I appreciate your feedback and I've read through about a 100 pages of this thread (and several others) so far and appreciate your contributions. This is an amazing community and great to hear from fellow a fellow Canadian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back