[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Mar 6, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #1,621 of 3,610
I understand all critics against m6 such as battery life, search issues, etc., and some of these software issues should anyways be remedied in time.. But I think fiio should deserve credits with the new m6, mainly from price vs features point of view (i.e. wifi, ldac, airplay, dlna compatibility, third party apps&streaming services capability, powerful output, compact size, satisfactory display, etc.)... At least I could not find any competitor price/specswise. Hence I personally look ahead to get one as soon as the current supply problem is figured out.

It's got great battery life for the output power and tiny size. :)

Mar 6, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #1,622 of 3,610
I understand all critics against m6 such as battery life, search issues, etc., and some of these software issues should anyways be remedied in time.. But I think fiio should deserve credits with the new m6, mainly from price vs features point of view (i.e. wifi, ldac, airplay, dlna compatibility, third party apps&streaming services capability, powerful output, compact size, satisfactory display, etc.)... At least I could not find any competitor price/specswise. Hence I personally look ahead to get one as soon as the current supply problem is figured out.

Most who criticise the M6 do not have it, and as with any item, quality control and personal factors will mean some will not like it. I think 95% of people will find it amazing. I have the FiiO X1 and the FiiO X3ii and can say purely from the sound quality point of view, the M6 kills them. The negatives are minor and it only came out a couple of months ago so firmware will change it.The form factor of the M6 is amazing even set against the M9 which I have and can directly compare. I do find some of what FiiO say in this thread annoyingly unrealistic, in many ways, but at least they take the time to dialogue. Sometimes the FiiO team do seem to me that they are having once a month problems and avoid answering properly. They could do more especially with the whitelist. Lack of resources or lack of motivation?

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #1,624 of 3,610
Most who criticise the M6 do not have it, and as with any item, quality control and personal factors will mean some will not like it. I think 95% of people will find it amazing. I have the FiiO X1 and the FiiO X3ii and can say purely from the sound quality point of view, the M6 kills them. The negatives are minor and it only came out a couple of months ago so firmware will change it.The form factor of the M6 is amazing even set against the M9 which I have and can directly compare. I do find some of what FiiO say in this thread annoyingly unrealistic, in many ways, but at least they take the time to dialogue. Sometimes the FiiO team do seem to me that they are having once a month problems and avoid answering properly. They could do more especially with the whitelist. Lack of resources or lack of motivation?

With you on that. I have also the X3ii and (direct access to, via my wife) M9, and the M6 a masterful device; a sort of one player to rule them all imho (rather than jack of all trades, lol). Like you say it would be nice to see a bit more input from Fiio on the whitelist (and search :) ) side of things.

Mar 7, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #1,625 of 3,610
Anybody now why the sd card always ejects on this device? Have no manually reinsert for it to appear again, all the time, very annoying. Might just RMA it if there is no solution.

Most of the time all the issues I've had with sd cards have been due to the sd card itself. Constant ejection might mean the card is ready to give up the ghost, or the filesystem (if FAT32) has some hiccups or corruption.

I would try reformatting the sd card first, then other sd cards to see if that fixes the issue. If that doesn't work I'd do a full reset on the M6. If none of those fix it, I'd say RMA at that point.

Mar 7, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #1,627 of 3,610
Spotify works well but is soooo laggy .. i wonder why!??

Mar 7, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #1,629 of 3,610
Spotify works well but is soooo laggy .. i wonder why!??
Yeah it's a bit laggy but honestly I can say quite the same about the app in my Moto G5+.. or even in Windows. The app could use some performance revision I think.
On the other hand Tidal is quite snappy! Granted, I have a lot of albums saved maybe that helps the lagginess.

Mar 7, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #1,630 of 3,610
Yeah it's a bit laggy but honestly I can say quite the same about the app in my Moto G5+.. or even in Windows. The app could use some performance revision I think.
On the other hand Tidal is quite snappy! Granted, I have a lot of albums saved maybe that helps the lagginess.

Yeah Spotify can be pretty slow to load on all my devices. Also, it seems to be in a perpetual state of updating. Every time I start it up on my laptop it seems to have to download a new version...

Mar 7, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #1,631 of 3,610
Nope, when I flagged the shipment with Canada Post they told me that if I do not receive it by March 11th then I have to open an investigation.

the tracking on Amazon.ca now says mine is "arriving today" but the little blue status line hasn't reached the "out for delivery" point yet. Canada Post tracking still says they've picked it up from Mississauga and that the expected delivery is Feb. 27! lol...

no idea...

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #1,632 of 3,610
So I talked with AVGear and was able to get my order cancelled, and was offered the M7 at the same price of the M6. Can anyone here attest for how the M7 is and how it's sound signature is? Also looking into the Sony Walkman A-45, Hiby R3, and Shanling m0 as other options for pairing with my ATH-MSR7

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #1,633 of 3,610
So I talked with AVGear and was able to get my order cancelled, and was offered the M7 at the same price of the M6. Can anyone here attest for how the M7 is and how it's sound signature is? Also looking into the Sony Walkman A-45, Hiby R3, and Shanling m0 as other options for pairing with my ATH-MSR7
Out of curiosity, did they make any mention as to why the shipping is so delayed? Meaning did they say it was a Canada Post issue or a supply one on their end? Fish1050 just got the M7 from AVGear, he should be able to help you out.

Mar 7, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #1,634 of 3,610

I got the same deal from avgearshop and got mine last week and I am extremely happy with it. If you don't need wifi and streaming I recommend you give it a try. Obviously I can't compare it to the M6 but I also have the M0 and while they have a similar sound I prefer the M7 sound. It is slightly fuller with better staging and a smoother slightly warmer sound that is less fatiguing to listen to . It is more expensive than the M0 but it really is better in pretty much every area except with a little less power but if you are using iem's or efficient headphones like me the power is more than adequate.

I think you really need to try the M0 to see if you find the tiny screen usable. I am actually selling my M0 right now and while I like it alot for the money I just found the tiny screen aggravating to use. From what I have read in reviews about the MSR7's as I considered them the M7 should drive them just fine. I think given how detailed sounding the MSR7's are pairing them with the M0 could get fatiguing very quickly. Even with my B&W P5S2's I could only listen to the M0 for an hour max at a time. So far I can listen to the M7 for hours with its more refined sound and fatigue isn't an issue.

I am a Sony fan and owned the A17 for 4 years but I haven't tried the A45 so others can probably give a better impression. There are a few reviews that compare the R3 to the M7 but you will get much better battery life with the M7 with almost as much power.

Where are you looking at the R3? The only Canadian dealer I found offering it was headphonebar and they were sold out for quite awhile.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back