[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 3, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #361 of 3,610
Jan 3, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #362 of 3,610
Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #363 of 3,610
Dear friends,

I purchased Fiio M6 today. It's impressive by quality of music. I can install Spotify via apk format and it works well.

I also enjoy listening to Online Radio News such as BBC, CNN, Fox, therefore I have tried to install TuneIn App via apk format on my Fiio M6, but I can't install. Do you know how to install TuneIn while Fiio has redesigned the Android?

I think Fiio should update new firmware that allow customer install customized app such as TuneIn or another app.

I am looking forward to hearing from your opinions!

Best regards and Happy New Year!

I bet you can probably root it and take out the filter or force the app on a different way.

Jan 3, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #364 of 3,610
I bet you can probably root it and take out the filter or force the app on a different way.
Are you still trying to wish away the Exynos SoC? :D

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #365 of 3,610
I finally got Airplay working peer-to-peer between the M6 and my iPhone.. It's dead simple: It uses the wifi-hotspot function on my phone which I had totally forgotten about.. It's working perfectly.

When I use bluetooth for pairing, the M6 shows what codec is being received (SBC), but when it's connected via Airplay it doesn't show the codec that is being received. Is it possible to have it display the used codec over Airplay in a future update?

I'm loving this little player!

p.s. whitelisting Apple Music app would make this device 100% perfect for me.

Jan 4, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #366 of 3,610
I finally got Airplay working peer-to-peer between the M6 and my iPhone.. It's dead simple: It uses the wifi-hotspot function on my phone which I had totally forgotten about.. It's working perfectly.

When I use bluetooth for pairing, the M6 shows what codec is being received (SBC), but when it's connected via Airplay it doesn't show the codec that is being received. Is it possible to have it display the used codec over Airplay in a future update?

I'm loving this little player!

p.s. whitelisting Apple Music app would make this device 100% perfect for me.

I don't quite understand how to get the airplay to work.

1. Switch on Personal Hotspot in iPhone
2. Connect M6 to the hotspot via its Wifi

What's the next step?
Thanks.

Jan 4, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #367 of 3,610
I don't quite understand how to get the airplay to work.

1. Switch on Personal Hotspot in iPhone
2. Connect M6 to the hotspot via its Wifi

What's the next step?
Thanks.

If you have connected the M6 to the iPHone hotspot, then you need to activate the Airplay funtion on the M6: you can find it in the drop down menu (swipe down from the top of the screen or you can activate it in the settings / audio menu!
That's it.

Jan 4, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #370 of 3,610
As I said before if the “weak” Exynos can handle Spotify and all the other apps together than surely this “weak” SoC can handle one not whitelisted app (if it’s not that heavy)

This so true. FiiO constantly say they will ask 'The Engineer' about many apps people have requested to be whitelisted and then not even a reply to say that a particular app stresses the Exynos chip and ram. Nothing. It's all generalisation of how weak the chip is and nothing specific about any app. So why don't FiiO set up a group to test various apps to see how they work on the M6 and M9 with its Exynos Chip and Ram. I'm willing. All that FiiO are quoting are generalisations and not specifics related to any app.
Just to be clear I think the M9, which I have, is a great DAP, but FiiO have a generalised policy which as the English saying says is 'Cutting their nose to spite their face'. A great DAP and a poor policy. Empirical testing is the truth and not generalisations.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #371 of 3,610
IMG_20190104_153448.jpg

Fiio M6 paired with BGVP DM6

Jan 4, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #373 of 3,610
Hi all.
Close to putting the Hiby R3 in the skip.
Please tell me the M6 works?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back