[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 4, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #391 of 3,610
well, it depends also from you IEM's and Cans. are most of them hard to drive or have high impedance? then better get M6 with 110mW/16Ohm
but if you only using IEM's and Cans under 32Ohm better get the M3K. It has 35mW/16Ohm. For me that the also the reason i bought m6
I intend to use Fiio F9s and occasionally the Sennheiser HD 58X with them. I know the 58X is a bit hard to drive though, so I am likely going to wait to get a job before I grab either of these.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #392 of 3,610
I intend to use Fiio F9s and occasionally the Sennheiser HD 58X with them. I know the 58X is a bit hard to drive though, so I am likely going to wait to get a job before I grab either of these.

i feel you bro, i've been there. Good luck :)

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #393 of 3,610
I’ve had my M6 since December 23rd and it never has dropped a Bluetooth signal from my ipad or to headphones. I’m using it now with Spotify on board but was streaming via Bluetooth from my ipad originally and the sound was excellent. I love some low end being an ex drummer and the M6 sound is perfect for me. I’ve used it with Audeze SINE headphones and it drove them fine....Momentum on ear phones sound great and every IEM I own do also. Mine brought out a great synergy for me with the BQEYZ BQ3’s.....brought out enhanced bass and become my favorite sounding IEM. CCA C-10’s are coming in tomorrow so I’m super pumped as I’ve heard nothing but great things about those $30ish iems!
I also have a DX90 and its being shunned...lol...this M6 sounds good any way its used and battery life is excellent. Its a steal at $150, mine direct from Fiio was $180 and came to states in 4 days....great value in the M6 I feel!

i got my CCA C10 yesterday. the housing is exactly like ZSN but diffrent nozzle ang slightly shorter too. but for me C10 fits better since i have shorter ear canal. For the sound i found more likely like KZ Zsn but with more refined High's (maybe because there're more driver for diffrent Freqz). Some people find zsn have peaks in higher freq, in C10 its get smoother without loosing any detail any clarity. and i find C10 have better sound stage and instrument positioning and less fatigueing then zsn. well, CCA is a sister company from KZ, so no wonder they have many simillarities.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #395 of 3,610
This so true. FiiO constantly say they will ask 'The Engineer' about many apps people have requested to be whitelisted and then not even a reply to say that a particular app stresses the Exynos chip and ram. Nothing. It's all generalisation of how weak the chip is and nothing specific about any app. So why don't FiiO set up a group to test various apps to see how they work on the M6 and M9 with its Exynos Chip and Ram. I'm willing. All that FiiO are quoting are generalisations and not specifics related to any app.
Just to be clear I think the M9, which I have, is a great DAP, but FiiO have a generalised policy which as the English saying says is 'Cutting their nose to spite their face'. A great DAP and a poor policy. Empirical testing is the truth and not generalisations.

FiiO please answer this.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #399 of 3,610
Hsilmi...I been following thoughts on C10 since before holiday and they all say pretty much your thoughts exactly. I’m so pumped...have you seen clearheads posts (not his exact name here but all my 60 yo mind remembers..lol)?

Same as yours, I’m a BA10 fan and enjoy the ZSN also...but fit with the BA10 is 85% comfy were as BQ3 and V80 are super comfy and sound excellent also. The details the ESS Sabre chip brings out on my DAPs is why I keep chasing it and the BA10 brought a ton of detail with fabulous bass as well. My understanding is the C10 has the same qualities.....refined,better detail and a “pro sound” to steal a quote from Clear......mine were $45 on Amazon with 2 day ship it was worth the extra $ to have it fast for me.

Hsilmi does the M6 play well with the C10? Not sure if you mentioned anything like that.....thx!

Fiio responds but you guys gotta figure your whitelist questions are all going to the same guy whos responsible for same on way more devices let alone test time if possible oh and don’t forget they turn out new stuff all the time...I was psyched about M7 but the sound let me down...thin, boring...to me.
They have got a serious device in M6 thats pushing all the right buttons......how many employees does Fiio have I wonder?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #403 of 3,610
Hsilmi...I been following thoughts on C10 since before holiday and they all say pretty much your thoughts exactly. I’m so pumped...have you seen clearheads posts (not his exact name here but all my 60 yo mind remembers..lol)?

Same as yours, I’m a BA10 fan and enjoy the ZSN also...but fit with the BA10 is 85% comfy were as BQ3 and V80 are super comfy and sound excellent also. The details the ESS Sabre chip brings out on my DAPs is why I keep chasing it and the BA10 brought a ton of detail with fabulous bass as well. My understanding is the C10 has the same qualities.....refined,better detail and a “pro sound” to steal a quote from Clear......mine were $45 on Amazon with 2 day ship it was worth the extra $ to have it fast for me.

Hsilmi does the M6 play well with the C10? Not sure if you mentioned anything like that.....thx!

Fiio responds but you guys gotta figure your whitelist questions are all going to the same guy whos responsible for same on way more devices let alone test time if possible oh and don’t forget they turn out new stuff all the time...I was psyched about M7 but the sound let me down...thin, boring...to me.
They have got a serious device in M6 thats pushing all the right buttons......how many employees does Fiio have I wonder?

btw, what i wrote up there about C10. i tested with my M6. you dont have to worry about it :) even with 32ohm resitance, it surprisingly easy to drive. i just need to set the volume 70-75/120 for listening :)

Jan 4, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #405 of 3,610
If I got the M9, M7 or M6 I’d probably be willing to test out some apps myself, it could be a beta testing program to make it easier on everyone maybe.

I'm with you on that one.

I got this DAP because I have a Pioneer XDP-100R that's stuck on ancient Android, so some of my apps are no longer compatible.

I primarily use 3 apps on the Pioneer, none of which are available for the M6 (one being Smart Audiobook Player as another person suggested)

I was hoping since it's Android I could workaround, but even the root has failed thus far.

We need to be able to use our own discretion on this device, I just need to install 3 audio apps and use them all the time. I'm not concerned about performance or battery life, so long as it can just play files that are on the sd card. (Downloaded audible audiobooks, etc).

On 2 out of 3 of these apps, the files have native DRM so the Fiio apps will not suffice, and on the other files, idk that the Fiio apps will properly format files with multiple parts to look like audiobooks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back