[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 3, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #346 of 3,610
Can @FiiO Confirm the USB digital output?
Needs to work with the Chord Mojo.
Thanks

Jan 3, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #347 of 3,610
Going off at a slight tangent.
I have a Fiio M6 on order and at the moment I use a pair of Bose QC25 headphones with my Galaxy S7, can anyone advice a good set of IEMs around about the £100 price to go with my new toy please? are the Fiio F9 any good?

Jan 3, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #350 of 3,610
I have a Fiio M6 on order and at the moment I use a pair of Bose QC25 headphones with my Galaxy S7, can anyone advice a good set of IEMs around about the £100 price to go with my new toy please? are the Fiio F9 any good?

under $50
KZ zsn
KZ zs7
CCA C10/ KZ sister company
TRN v80
TRN iM1
audio Tin T2
Pioneer SE-CH5 (isnt detachable and with inline control)

$50-$100
TFZ galaxy T2
iBasso iT01
FiiO F9SE ( if you're not looking any balanced cable, just choose this. 3,5mm cable is nicer than in F9/F9pro, altough isnt detachable)
Whizzer A15 pro
Hidzs/Hiby Seed (isnt detachable)
Pioneer SE CH9
Fender NINE (is quite new IEM from fender, im curious about it, but there arent so many review about it)

here you go bro :) its my personal recomendation

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #352 of 3,610

A surprise contender. BQEYZ KB100. About $50. Worth reading the reviews on this site. I doubt if anything up to $100 will match them.

Steve

Jan 3, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #353 of 3,610
Dear friends,

I purchased Fiio M6 today. It's impressive by quality of music. I can install Spotify via apk format and it works well.

I also enjoy listening to Online Radio News such as BBC, CNN, Fox, therefore I have tried to install TuneIn App via apk format on my Fiio M6, but I can't install. Do you know how to install TuneIn while Fiio has redesigned the Android?

I think Fiio should update new firmware that allow customer install customized app such as TuneIn or another app.

I am looking forward to hearing from your opinions!

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Jan 3, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #354 of 3,610
Dear friends,

I purchased Fiio M6 today. It's impressive by quality of music. I can install Spotify via apk format and it works well.

I also enjoy listening to Online Radio News such as BBC, CNN, Fox, therefore I have tried to install TuneIn App via apk format on my Fiio M6, but I can't install. Do you know how to install TuneIn while Fiio has redesigned the Android?

I think Fiio should update new firmware that allow customer install customized app such as TuneIn or another app.

I am looking forward to hearing from your opinions!

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Hi and welcome to Head-Fi

only approved 'whitelisted' apps from Fiio can be installed on the M6 that is why Spotify can be installed and Tunein radio cannot
it would be foolhardy to let any app be installed, it can cause problems....

Jan 3, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #355 of 3,610
FiiO M6's USB out to iFi Audio's xDSD.

10221031.jpg

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #356 of 3,610
Jan 3, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #357 of 3,610
Jan 3, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #358 of 3,610
I just got my M6 in Thailand.
I used to use Sony A25 but I wanted a DAP that compatible with Spotify so I ended up buying a second hand Cayin N5ii in November, which was pretty good but it's too slow and the bluetooth connection is horrible.
Seeing M6 ad on my feed, I visit the store in Bangkok 2 days later, tested it and decided to sell my Cayin asap (luckily, at the exact same price I bought it though).
M6 has almost everything I need: sound quality, lightness and very good bluetooth connection. I used it with my Havit G1 and the result is very pleasing.
Overall, the sound quality is much much better than my old Sony. I enjoyed listed to it on flat eq setting which is amazing.
Using it with TFZ EX3, I can say that it does pack a punch. I love it.

Anyway, there is also some down sides.
- Fiio music app sorting is a bit weird when it comes to Japanese names (I listened to many Japanese music). The artist names are just here and there. However, I guess it has to do with android since Cayin had the same problem.
Anyway, if it can understand that 'The' is not the actual name of astists, and sort them right like Sony does, that'd be great. Just a bit annoyed by that.
- Connecting it to my computer, I can not transfer files properly, so I ended up removing sd card again and again.
- Sometimes, scanning for new music just didn't work. Had to do it again.
- Can't add Thai keyboard so far.

Anyway, I do love it and the fact that the price is very good, this is like steal for me.

And finally, @FiiO could you consider whitelisting Google Podcast? I can listen to podcasts from Spotify but the library is not big enough comparing to Google Podcast though.

Jan 3, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #359 of 3,610
Received my Fiio M6 yesterday. Charming. It's really good. I mean it. I like the sound - aesthetic pleasant linear sound. I was listening to it more than 8 hours - mostly flac files - jazz, fusion, acid jazz and R&B. More than happy. Paired with my Fiio A3 it gives very inteligent stepup of the sound without adding artificials. A3 is just an analog headphone amp. Now I keep on listening :)
@FiiO I would like kindly to ask if you could whitelist two apps which will be very useful for all of us. Both they are very light Equalizers with bass boost separated function. Everyone must have them on their phones too! They both are ad free. Thanks!
Simple Tiny Small EQ 14kb it is really so small 14kb!
The other one is
Equalizer - free, no ads, only audio permission!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back