[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 24, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #1,442 of 3,610
Deown

What? Only thing that matters is how the card is formatted. A person was having trouble with the Mac software using their m6, sometimes there is driver incompatibilities, especially with macs. There still has to be a usb device driver for m6.

Nope. Both - the SanDisk and the Samsung - were FAT32 formatted. Even the FiiO Spokesguy here said if the OTA / File Update fails one should try another SD-Card in Bootmode.

I personally had to update via another SD-Card and cia Bootmode. See posts before.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #1,444 of 3,610
Nope. Both - the SanDisk and the Samsung - were FAT32 formatted. Even the FiiO Spokesguy here said if the OTA / File Update fails one should try another SD-Card.

I’m not talking about an OTA update, I’m talking about someone trying to use their m6 with a Mac and was having issues. His card was fine, it was a software problem.

I’m using a Sandisk with no problems so idk know but it’s not all card issues lol.

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #1,445 of 3,610
Deown

What? Only thing that matters is how the card is formatted. A person was having trouble with the Mac software using their m6, sometimes there is driver incompatibilities, especially with macs. There still has to be a usb device driver for m6.
I’m not talking about an OTA update, I’m talking about someone trying to use their m6 with a Mac and was having issues. His card was fine, it was a software problem.

I’m using a Sandisk with no problems so idk know but it’s not all card issues lol.

then the M6 is even more picky than expected. I keep my Samsung SD Card in reach for future updates... Hopefully with an Audiobook App whitelisted....

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #1,446 of 3,610
Thought so.
I do love the SQ of my X5 iii but the hardware is not good at all for android. very laggy and slow.
I dont want to spend £500 on HiBy R6 or IBasso DAP. So might be stuck with this unless someone magicly releases £250 DAP that sounds as good.

It sounds good don’t get me wrong, and it’s not as warm sounding as the x5iii. Mostly the sound stage is bigger on the x5iii.

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #1,447 of 3,610
then the M6 is even more picky than expected. I keep my Samsung SD Card in reach for future updates... Hopefully with an Audiobook App whitelisted....

No more picky than any other dap, and that’s only 2 cases that I know of concerning the m6. I don’t know of any others that had problems updating.

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #1,448 of 3,610
No more picky than any other dap, and that’s only 2 cases that I know of concerning the m6. I don’t know of any others that had problems updating.
Naaaa, can not agree to that. Never had a Smartphone or PC that had Problems with either sandisk or Samsung.

Either way, hope Batterylife will improve. Like the DAP, has a very nice Feel to it.

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #1,449 of 3,610
Thought so.
I do love the SQ of my X5 iii but the hardware is not good at all for android. very laggy and slow.
I dont want to spend £500 on HiBy R6 or IBasso DAP. So might be stuck with this unless someone magicly releases £250 DAP that sounds as good.

FiiO M9 is a definite sound upgrade on the M6, also M9 has a powerful 2.5 mm balanced output too.

Feb 24, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #1,451 of 3,610
Naaaa, can not agree to that. Never had a Smartphone or PC that had Problems with either sandisk or Samsung.

Either way, hope Batterylife will improve. Like the DAP, has a very nice Feel to it.

That’s why I said dap, not pc or smartphone. You can’t generalize a product because of one incident.

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #1,454 of 3,610
Wait for it. The M6 isnt broadly available.

Do You guys turn off the Device each and every time or do You Put it in "deep sleep"?

Wait for it,....it’s been out a fair while and Fiio has probably sold a fair number. That’s why there are shortages :wink: I mean we both have one, and super has one and dharmasteve has one that’s 4 already and us 3 haven’t had any major problems, so that’s only 25% problem rate right there and that’s just a speck. Plus my friend worked his Mac problem out and technically yours is working also, so actually that’s 100% success rate so far.

I never turn mine off.

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #1,455 of 3,610
Yeah I think it was a sweet spot between the beautiful but less flashy (in terms of features) M7 and the luxurious (but a little more expensive) M9. I mean I bought the M6 of these, and the BTR1K (just in time! I had ordered the BTR1 and the K is a great upgrade for 5 extra bucks) and both have that in common, they're in the middle of their model lines, sweet spot money/quality wise. That I guess must attract quite a crowd.

I don't turn it off either. Have to check the sleep settings but .. as it is, I left it sleeping for 24 hours already and it went from I guess 80% to 54% not bad for a sleep in my book!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back