[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 24, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #1,426 of 3,610
Yeah, got the last M6 in supply here in Austria. LoL

I dont have the M7, but it should Deliver Superior Batterylife.

But have to test further with the M6. The firmware upgrade was an ugly affair....

M7 has less output power and doesn’t have WiFi. It should have more battery life, but alas Idk. If your worried about battery life get Sony A series, and be done with it.

Feb 24, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #1,427 of 3,610
I hope he does, because that’s been the Bain of this site from the beginning- people commenting about gear they don’t own, regurgitating second hand knowledge.

As most of us know opinions on the net can be exaggerated and farcical. :) Best to have it yourself and then decide.

yeah for sure. I'm reasonably confident I'm going to get closer to the 12 or 13 hours of battery life out of the M6 the way I'll be using it. but even 9 hours would be a solid tripling of what I get from my Iphone. It's a pretty reasonably priced player that looks to have lots of features and my primary goal is to not have to use my phone as a player because it doesn't have the battery life and I end up have to recharge it constantly...

Feb 24, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #1,428 of 3,610
yeah for sure. I'm reasonably confident I'm going to get closer to the 12 or 13 hours of battery life out of the M6 the way I'll be using it. but even 9 hours would be a solid tripling of what I get from my Iphone. It's a pretty reasonably priced player that looks to have lots of features and my primary goal is to not have to use my phone as a player because it doesn't have the battery life and I end up have to recharge it constantly...

I did do a battery drain test with headphones attached at my listening volume and it ran just a shade over 14 hours. Screen usage and brightness and WiFi/Bluetooth usage will of course bring that down. But on such a tiny dap, it’s pretty good.

If they get tidal sorted it will be pretty much perfect for me.

Feb 24, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #1,429 of 3,610
Yeah the Link could be simplified somehow I'm sure. In the phone you can set it as Client or Server (to use it with the M6 you'll need to be a client). The M6 has can only be set to be a Server, so you set that and the phone should detect it. But probably there should be a button somewhere in the interface to activate it (both places).

Good thing is that it's to be expected that FiiO will keep working on the Music Player as it will be shared across devices.

Is the link a separate app? Just curious

Feb 24, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #1,430 of 3,610
Is the link a separate app? Just curious
Oh it's in the FiiO Music Player, in the options on the side drawer. Having it a separate app would be interesting idea by the way.

Feb 24, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #1,431 of 3,610
M7 has less output power and doesn’t have WiFi. It should have more battery life, but alas Idk. If your worried about battery life get Sony A series, and be done with it.
What do people mean when they say the update process was a nightmare?

Feb 24, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #1,434 of 3,610
Yeah my OTA update was smooth and fast and I'm down here in the other side of the world :D but heck maybe they hit a heavy internet traffic moment. Happens.

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,440 of 3,610
It doesnt matter if you use a Mac or a PC.

What matters is the kind of SD-Card. SanDisk 256GB didnt work for the Update - but worked for Music....
Samsung 128GB did work for the update and the music.

Deown
That also depends on the SD-Card. Has nothing to do with Mac or PC.

What? Only thing that matters is how the card is formatted. A person was having trouble with the Mac software using their m6, sometimes there is driver incompatibilities, especially with macs. There still has to be a usb device driver for m6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back