[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Feb 22, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #1,411 of 3,610
Oh dear. I didn't know the 7270 is no longer in production. Maybe it's all on hiatus whilst they try and source and engineer an alternative chipset? - ps...perhaps they woefully understimated the giant killer they have on their hands with the M6 and it's sent them scurrying to find solutions to exploit the potential to the max.

I was looking at some other Exynos chips they could use that are the same size with similar capabilities. But most are intended for tablets and smartphones vs the 7270 which is for wearables. I have to wonder how much it would add to the cost to use a higher end chip. Should be interesting to see what Fiio does under the circumstances.

Feb 23, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #1,414 of 3,610
ok that's a little reassuring. I was concerned maybe I was getting one that had been returned or something...
I think thats what happen to me.I waited two weeks for Amazon to ship and when I got mine it had no plastic seal wrap around it and the Fiio label box was not on top but on the bottom. I would normally send it right back since I paid for it new but amazon has no more and doesn't know if they will get anymore. Ive got a month to return it so ill keep watching and if stock arrives in amazon its going back. Be careful what you get.

Feb 24, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #1,418 of 3,610
So does anyone knows when fiio will supply again m6 stock?

They had Chinese New Year right when they ran out. So getting the industrial giant back to life will take a little coal, and maybe a lightning bolt. I have no doubt that the first you'll hear will be when a store has stock available. FiiO won't play magic crystal ball.

Having said that, I got one in New Zealand, and i'm right pleased I did. Compact, snappy performance and good battery life. Worth waiting for. I got FiiO Link working briefly with my smartphone but now i'm too confused to repeat the procedure.

Feb 24, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #1,421 of 3,610
Snappy is one of the Last words I would describe the M6 With.... And Batterylife could also be mich much better. 8-9h is lame....
Availability Here in Europe is also Bad.

I get about 11/12 hours on mine- damn good for a tiny unit. Yes it goes down if you’re streaming Bluetooth and using WiFi but that’s to be expected. Also screen brightness and usage drain it. It is snappy when compared to AP80 and just as responsive as R3. M0 is a little snappier, but look at the tiny screen it uses. Tidal does stutter a little, but to be fair it did on R3, and you couldn’t use it offline on R3.

Only daps that get good battery life are Sony and some cowons/I audios. Sony because they have class D amp and cowon because the little ones have less output and bigger batteries like in old D2.

Feb 24, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #1,422 of 3,610
I got FiiO Link working briefly with my smartphone but now i'm too confused to repeat the procedure.

Yeah the Link could be simplified somehow I'm sure. In the phone you can set it as Client or Server (to use it with the M6 you'll need to be a client). The M6 has can only be set to be a Server, so you set that and the phone should detect it. But probably there should be a button somewhere in the interface to activate it (both places).

Good thing is that it's to be expected that FiiO will keep working on the Music Player as it will be shared across devices.

Feb 24, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #1,424 of 3,610
Just listed mine in the classifieds if anyone’s still having trouble finding stock. Well impressed but really for what I need, the BTR3 I had already is enough.
I have bought recently the BTR1K and it's really superb, use it with my phone and my everyday Sennheisers. And the BTR3 sounds a bit better in every aspect (LDAC too!) so I bet that's really great.
M6 was more of a whim since I had everything I need, but I really like it too, impressed is the word!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back