[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jan 15, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #663 of 3,610
@FiiO Is there any webpage where we can download the latest version of ALL whitelisted app for M6 (where the app version is regularly updated)?
I can only find this page from FiiO M6 FAQ (https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/139014.html) but it does not have link to TIDAL and I don't know whether they are linked to the latest version of each app too.
I only see the direct link to TIDAL from your reply to a post here requesting a link to the latest version of TIDAL which supports MQA.

I think it'll be easier for the users if we have similar page like https://www.fiio.com/newsinfo/139014.html which also provides link to TIDAL as well as any new apps included in the whitelist (if any in the future) and these links are updated regularly to make sure that the users can download the latest version of each apps available for M6.

Jan 15, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #664 of 3,610
@FiiO

Thanks for the info on Spotify and DLNA

Not sure how I change the server? I thought my NAS was the server?

@dimmockg were you able to try ES File Explorer to connect to your NAS (not via DLNA but as a file server)? Gosh I need my M6 asap :)

@FiiO are you aware of such tests? (ES File Explorer allows to connect to a NAS storage/server in your LAN it would be great to pick up MP3/FLAC files from there)

Thanks!

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #666 of 3,610
@greenflash happy to report ES file explorer locates the NAS and can play the files locally. Only thing I need to work out is getting it to play the whole album as opposed to one track, but I assume it's a playlist or something required. Also installed Spotify (not tried yet)

Have to say this is such a diverse little DAP - absolutely chuffed to bits with it so far

@FiiO or anybody else - can you re-arrange the home screen icons?

Jan 15, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #668 of 3,610
@greenflash happy to report ES file explorer locates the NAS and can play the files locally. Only thing I need to work out is getting it to play the whole album as opposed to one track, but I assume it's a playlist or something required. Also installed Spotify (not tried yet)

Have to say this is such a diverse little DAP - absolutely chuffed to bits with it so far

@FiiO or anybody else - can you re-arrange the home screen icons?

Great info. There are some music players that play directly from a NAS location but well, they're not whitelisted for now. We'll see.

Tapping and holding the icons and dragging won't work to move them around right?

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #669 of 3,610
In my opinion, no. I'll try it with some of my bassier IEMs when I get a chance though.

IMO i also feel this is true. (That the m6 cannot put out strong deep bass)

I use senn HD-25's and my old clip+ is putting out more bass than the m6. Super disappointed and am trying to return the m6. If the bass was atleast as good as the clip+ i would have been happy, but its simply not.

If your a basshead at all you will be very disappointed.

To me this player is not even "neutral" in terms of balance in this regard.

I looked around for a DAP, which could play DNLA and Spotify and decided to go for the M6. The functionality is great, but sound-wise, I have the feeling it's not giving me the same as the BTR3 did.
The mids and highs are very good; clear and bright, but in the lows it sounds less .....eventfull?... almost flat. When listening to well produced rock or electro music it's not giving that OOMPH in the lows that puts a smile on my face when listening to this kinf of music.

I tried playing with the EQ in FIIO player, but the results are unsatisfactory....

I feel the exact same.

I wish i would have bought this in a store so i could return it asap, super disappointed. My clip has been acting funny not wanting to hold a charge, so i bought the m6 expecting an upgrade.. Nope. The highs and mids are are bit better, but the low bass is just so lacking i dont see how the player cost 150.. And this is the same hardware in the $200 m7??

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #670 of 3,610
IMO i also feel this is true. (That the m6 cannot put out strong deep bass)

I use senn HD-25's and my old clip+ is putting out more bass than the m6. Super disappointed and am trying to return the m6. If the bass was atleast as good as the clip+ i would have been happy, but its simply not.

If your a basshead at all you will be very disappointed.

To me this player is not even "neutral" in terms of balance in this regard.

I feel the exact same.

I wish i would have bought this in a store so i could return it asap, super disappointed. My clip has been acting funny not wanting to hold a charge, so i bought the m6 expecting an upgrade.. Nope. The highs and mids are are bit better, but the low bass is just so lacking i dont see how the player cost 150.. And this is the same hardware in the $200 m7??

Well it has more power for one and features the M7 doesn't as well and costs $50.00 less. Most who compare the two say the M6 sounds better than the M7. So for $50.00 less it sounds like a much better option overall. If bass is lacking a little then hard to ding it for just that with everything else you get for the money. Personally for what it offers I never considered the M7 at its price point. The M6 definitely worth checking out for me.

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #671 of 3,610
Well it has more power for one and features the M7 doesn't as well and costs $50.00 less. Most who compare the two say the M6 sounds better than the M7. So for $50.00 less it sounds like a much better option overall. If bass is lacking a little then hard to ding it for just that with everything else you get for the money. Personally for what it offers I never considered the M7 at its price point. The M6 definitely worth checking out for me.

I'm puzzled why people find the bass lacking. Maybe using the wrong size eartips? I'm using TRN V80 hyrid IEM's (2 x DD + 2 x BA) and allthough they're not particularly bass heavy, combined with the M6 I get loads of sub bass and mid bass. The quality of bass is just so good (it's very well defined) that people might interpret this as bass is lacking. We're talking about a Hi-Res Audio player here ... not a boombox :beyersmile:

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #672 of 3,610

All and well, but if the sound representation isn't to ones satisfaction, what is the value of all that other niceness I wonder

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #673 of 3,610
I'm puzzled why people find the bass lacking. Maybe using the wrong size eartips? I'm using TRN V80 hyrid IEM's (2 x DD + 2 x BA) and allthough they're not particularly bass heavy, combined with the M6 I get loads of sub bass and mid bass. The quality of bass is just so good (it's very well defined) that people might interpret this as bass is lacking. We're talking about a Hi-Res Audio player here ... not a boombox :beyersmile:

I must admit the purchase of a FIIO BTR3, M6 and a pair of AKG N20's are my first baby steps outside of 'conventional' audio head gear, so there might be some getting used to this new dimension ,,

Ps: thanks for the tip on those IEM looking into those

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #674 of 3,610
I must admit the purchase of a FIIO BTR3, M6 and a pair of AKG N20's are my first baby steps outside of 'conventional' audio head gear, so there might be some getting used to this new dimension ,,

Ps: thanks for the tip on those IEM looking into those

Well, I have to admit that i’m actually quite new to portable hifi. I have alot of experience with super high-end hifi systems, but I really wanted to step up from music on my iPhone over my Beyerdynamic Byron BTA bluetooth in-ears when on the road. So I looked for my first DAP, and the M6 ticked almost all the boxes.

I read some raving reviews of the TRN V80 IEM’s. People just couldn’t believe how good it was for the money and so for 23 EURO (USD 26) I couldn’t resist to try. And man, I was blown away. I still can’t believe these sound sooo good for so cheap: Well recorded church organ music is like the ultimate test for any sound system. (And i’ve heard many super expensive amps, speakers and headphones fail this test) But the relative cheap M6 / TRN V80 combo did not fail my church organ test and I just still can't believe it.:dt880smile::dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back