[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jul 25, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #2,656 of 3,610
Can you guys share how to install it? The 1.2 version?

UPDATE: you'll end up with two FiiO Music Player, of course, the original one, and this one.

Well, I was hoping FiiO would fix this but.. the next firmware would take sometime right? :D Well this is how I do it, impersonating a whitelisted app (in this case the pooor MooV). There might be other ways.

Here's the impersonated apk if you wanna test it out
https://filebin.net/fjnn2qh5x2rtesez

1) You have to remove MooV if you have it installed just in case
2) It will install hopefully and appear with the greenish icon of moov
3) First time it might ask you if you want to change the launcher from launcher3 to the music play app (of course keep launcher3 always :) )

Let me know how it goes, of course disclaimer: I hope it doesn't break anything! (it shouldn't).

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #2,657 of 3,610
UPDATE: you'll end up with two FiiO Music Player, of course, the original one, and this one.

Well, I was hoping FiiO would fix this but.. the next firmware would take sometime right? :D Well this is how I do it, impersonating a whitelisted app (in this case the pooor MooV). There might be other ways.

3) First time it might ask you if you want to change the launcher from launcher3 to the music play app (of course keep launcher3 always :) )

Let me know how it goes, of course disclaimer: I hope it doesn't break anything! (it shouldn't).

Thanks! I will check it out later, I have that version on m11 I like it

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #2,659 of 3,610

Well, they actively removed the previous option to resign the apk and install it with working correct icon

also u can disable the other fiio app

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #2,660 of 3,610
Well, they actively removed the previous option to resign the apk and install it with working correct icon

Yeah that was more involved from what I saw (briefly, couldn't really get to it). But it's nice to have the right icon.
It seems they set the icon in some database in the OS.. That's how they messed up VLC/Samba Player icons I guess.

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #2,661 of 3,610
Yeah that was more involved from what I saw (briefly, couldn't really get to it). But it's nice to have the right icon.
It seems they set the icon in some database in the OS.. That's how they messed up VLC/Samba Player icons I guess.

it was very easy...

I installed 3 apps 15 min after I got the device. But then the fw update came and deleted them. Impossible to downgrade the fw and the m6 hanged on error, so entered recovery and rebooted.

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #2,662 of 3,610

This is impersonating some other whitelisted app?

also u can disable the other fiio app

Yeah you can disable it, true. I did that to try to replace it but no way. Did you impersonate some other app in the apk in your link?

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #2,664 of 3,610
yes,kkbox, now trying to find some whitelisted apps that can match the icons.

Made a new fiio apk with Qobuz name.
Good choice I start with moov, kkbox and such :)

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #2,668 of 3,610

Users who are viewing this thread

Back