[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jul 25, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #2,641 of 3,610
Just did the firmware update and reset the database in Fiio Music Player.

On the plus side scrolling is definitely smoother and it doesn't bog down on fast scrolling so nice improvement. However despite the long delay nothing appears to have changed in the music player though I understand the search is better but I don't really use it. Fiio still hasn't figured out the english alphabet apparently as track sorting is just as bad as before. Resetting the database and rescanning took almost 18 minutes, might be slower than the last time I did it. I will have to wait until I need to add more tracks to see if the Fiio Music Player still crashes.

So it seems Fiio has focused largely on whitelisting other apps while leaving their own largely untouched. Guess they will be relying on third party apps going forward and doesn't bode well for their own so called Music Player.

Bang up job Fiio, so not worth the wait for us M7 owners. Will definitely be looking at the Shanling M2X as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #2,643 of 3,610
Thanks for the update @FiiO
For me just whitelisting poweramp changed the whole experience of the player. The menus within poweramp feel super responsive and fast, it took around 20min to index the whole library (15k songs) but it was worth the wait, as a tip disable the sleep time and leave it with the screen on and connected to a charger.

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #2,644 of 3,610
So NewPipe. Plays videos full screen landscape and amazingly syncs lips and sound. Just watched 'Kaleo', 'Way Down We Go' and 'Walk Off the Earth', 'Somebody That I Used To Know'. Amazing little youtube player. More importantly youtube sounds amazing.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #2,645 of 3,610
From the updated whitelist of apps, what player would you recommend for use (inlcuding fiio itself)

My biggest grievance is being unable to sort my songs in a playlist alphabetically by artist, if this is solved in any of the apps now available for use (besides spotify) i would gladly jump on board even if a small fee may be required

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #2,646 of 3,610
Did you try Simple ABP Free or something like that? I think it's for that.
Oh simple abp and smartbookaudio are both on there which is great, I was just after an idea of where the m6 stood in the grand scheme of things. Could use an m11 but same problem as the hiby, bit big for the pockets at work :frowning2:

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #2,647 of 3,610
Friends who install new whitelisted apps, it is useful for everyone if they write app names and versions.

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #2,649 of 3,610
Friends who install new whitelisted apps, it is useful for everyone if they write app names and versions.
Oh definitely; indicated above the Neutron version that works (abitdeef provided the package/architecture name), I mentioned the 1.13 version of MediaMonkey as the last one working, and Pulsar/VLC/Samba Player/NewPipe are the most recent ones in apkpure as far as I recall.

Jul 25, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #2,651 of 3,610
Just did the firmware update and reset the database in Fiio Music Player.

On the plus side scrolling is definitely smoother and it doesn't bog down on fast scrolling so nice improvement. However despite the long delay nothing appears to have changed in the music player though I understand the search is better but I don't really use it. Fiio still hasn't figured out the english alphabet apparently as track sorting is just as bad as before. Resetting the database and rescanning took almost 18 minutes, might be slower than the last time I did it. I will have to wait until I need to add more tracks to see if the Fiio Music Player still crashes.

So it seems Fiio has focused largely on whitelisting other apps while leaving their own largely untouched. Guess they will be relying on third party apps going forward and doesn't bode well for their own so called Music Player.

Bang up job Fiio, so not worth the wait for us M7 owners. Will definitely be looking at the Shanling M2X as soon as I can get my hands on one.

OH WAIT! Been looking and the Fiio Music Player in the M6 now is.. 1.1.0?
Also you cannot update it with the newer apk in the internet (it will report a conflict..).

Truth is the newer app version (1.1.2) seems to work fine, not sure why they didn't update it to that version.

Jul 25, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #2,652 of 3,610
Also you cannot update it with the newer apk in the internet (it will report a conflict..).

Truth is the newer app version (1.1.2) seems to work fine, not sure why they didn't update it to that version.

What the heck! Fiio what's up with that?

Jul 25, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #2,653 of 3,610

Well, Installed the newest to check and works after changing package name. But why not use that one in the fw update?

also the latest fiio app scans much faster

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #2,654 of 3,610
Well, Installed the newest to check and works after changing package name. But why not use that one in the fw update?

also the latest fiio app scans much faster

Yep same here. Much faster scan too. I was really expecting this one in the fw update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back