[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jun 21, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #2,446 of 3,610
Dear friend,

What's your problem with the search function?

Best regards

I have well documented it in this forum already.

The problem is that any search input results in a list of all tracks relating to the input and play of a list of all those track begins when one select to the view the list.

Eg type in ALLMAN, then, for me 138 tracks appear, and start playing on selection, of Allman Brothers Band, this is entirely unsatisfactory.

As has been requested many times, the need would be to display a LIST OF ALBUMS appertaining to the search then one can dig deeper into the albums and/or play one.

This has been fixed in the Fiio X7ii thus it is a known issue for Fiio and I am surprised you have to ask what the problem is when it's an ongoing request for the M6 and M9.

Jun 21, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #2,447 of 3,610
Sorry Mr. Fiio , but you do not know your own stuff.

Some hardware DACs can do more than just decode digital to analog.

There are DACs capable of unfolding MQA. This is the best way for sound quality.

And there are DACs not capable of unfolding MQA. In this case the files are decoded by the software.

Is the DAC in the M6 capable of unfolding MQA or not?

Here is the difference between unfolding MQA in hardware and software explained.
https://www.audiostream.com/content/mqa-decoding-explained#qWb2HPfCH1qrTyXS.97

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #2,448 of 3,610
Sorry Mr. Fiio , but you do not know your own stuff.

Some hardware DACs can do more than just decode digital to analog.

There are DACs capable of unfolding MQA. This is the best way for sound quality.

And there are DACs not capable of unfolding MQA. In this case the files are decoded by the software.

Is the DAC in the M6 capable of unfolding MQA or not?

Here is the difference between unfolding MQA in hardware and software explained.
https://www.audiostream.com/content/mqa-decoding-explained#qWb2HPfCH1qrTyXS.97

A bit harsh and a bit of googling would have told you all you need to know.
  1. The M6 page does not mention MQA support
  2. The specs for the SABRE9018Q2C do not show any support for MQA
Therefore anything Tidal is using for unfolding and decoding are software related

I found that out in less than 5 minutes .......

Jun 21, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #2,449 of 3,610
The purpose of a manufacturers support thread is to get support and answers from the manufacturer.
Most of the questions here could be answered by just googling.

My style was not harsh in any way.
Maybe direct on point.
Most people can not handle direct criticism well, even when it is the truth.
The problem may be Mr. Fiios not so good english...

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #2,450 of 3,610
Hmmmm - asking a question about a music format that they don't support - with an app they don't own. Yes FiiO's reply should have clearly conveyed that. however I would expect the questioner to also realise this (no support, not their app). Again - took me less time to find that out than it did to post ......

Jun 21, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #2,451 of 3,610
Dear friend,

What's your problem with the search function?

Best regards

While this issue does need to be addressed, I think the most important part of the question is, what is the status of the firmware update we were told was due in May, and then in June? I own an M7 and some of the same issues need to be addressed in both players, Plus an update to the latest Fiio Music player, which is much improved, would be appreciated. Any information you could provide would be most welcome.

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #2,452 of 3,610
Hey @FiiO

Could we have poweramp whitelisted? Is a really nice full-featured player that works without play services (they ship a special version in their website) and I think is quite performant, it should work in this hardware.

The other question is if there is any way to do last.fm scrobbling from the M6, if not, there are many apps in android that listen to the android notification system and do that for you, maybe is just a matter of whitelisting another app?

Jun 23, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #2,454 of 3,610
When I am using Spotify or Tidal and want to skip to the next track with the volume button while the screen is of, it skips all tracks one by one, playing each track for a second, until the last track of the album.

Jun 23, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #2,455 of 3,610
When I am using Spotify or Tidal and want to skip to the next track with the volume button while the screen is of, it skips all tracks one by one, playing each track for a second, until the last track of the album.
On Spotify with the screen off, mine skips properly one at a time using a long press of the volume button.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #2,456 of 3,610
Anyone else having issues with Spotify offline?
I find I keep on have to download the music as the m6 doesn’t recognise the external sd card I have the music downloaded onto.
The issue happens after rebooting, so I think it’s probably due to not waiting until the external sd card is mounted? But not sure

Jun 23, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #2,457 of 3,610
On Spotify with the screen off, mine skips properly one at a time using a long press of the volume button.

Tried it again and it is working.
I just pressed too long causing the m6 to skip multiple songs.
The time to differentiate between changing volume and skipping one track and not multiple tracks Is very narrow limits for my taste.
If I press the button a little too long, then releasing it, it keeps skipping...

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #2,458 of 3,610
I have well documented it in this forum already.

The problem is that any search input results in a list of all tracks relating to the input and play of a list of all those track begins when one select to the view the list.

Eg type in ALLMAN, then, for me 138 tracks appear, and start playing on selection, of Allman Brothers Band, this is entirely unsatisfactory.

As has been requested many times, the need would be to display a LIST OF ALBUMS appertaining to the search then one can dig deeper into the albums and/or play one.

This has been fixed in the Fiio X7ii thus it is a known issue for Fiio and I am surprised you have to ask what the problem is when it's an ongoing request for the M6 and M9.
Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback. We have reported to the engineer again about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 25, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #2,459 of 3,610
Dear friend,

Thanks for your kind feedback. We have reported to the engineer again about that.

Best regards
thanks. If the same implementation which is available on the Fiio X7ii player (same as the Android Store version), could be applied to the M6, it would be great. The stock android Fiio player has been fixed.

Jun 27, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #2,460 of 3,610
Just received my unit, pretty good so far but there's a couple issues I have with it.
If I select all my albums and send them to the "Now Playing" playlist, the order is all outta whack. Some albums have reversed order, some albums are mixed together and some of them are just fine. All files are properly tagged, and the filenames start with the track number. Am I missing some sort function? All I can find is "sort by filename" but that lumps every album together.

Also, I really wish there was an option for "play all ..." in the album/artist views. Pressing "bulk", "select all", then play feels like it's gonna get on my nerves really quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back