[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Jun 27, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #2,462 of 3,610
Just received my unit, pretty good so far but there's a couple issues I have with it.
If I select all my albums and send them to the "Now Playing" playlist, the order is all outta whack. Some albums have reversed order, some albums are mixed together and some of them are just fine. All files are properly tagged, and the filenames start with the track number. Am I missing some sort function? All I can find is "sort by filename" but that lumps every album together.

Also, I really wish there was an option for "play all ..." in the album/artist views. Pressing "bulk", "select all", then play feels like it's gonna get on my nerves really quickly.
Dear friend,

If you have add different albums in a playlist, the sorting could not according to track number anymore because different music file may have same track number.

If you would like to play the albums one by one, you could choose an album for playing first, then turn on the 'play through folder' option in settings menu of the FiiO Music app for help.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 30, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #2,463 of 3,610
Thought I share a revelation here: I been assuming the M6 won’t have to drive my 300Ohm HD600. Wrong! I plugged it in not expecting much and it sounds amazing. Bass full and punchy. And maybe it’s a battery powered portable and hence lower electrical noise I hear more details than my desktop set up. Pretty shocked tbh. In a good way.

Jun 30, 2019 at 5:48 AM Post #2,464 of 3,610
@FiiO

Re: Firmware Update

Well it seems all of us M6 owners have been forgotten/ignored by FiiO. Not clever in the long term. Short term maybe, long term, M6 users will not forget. FiiO made out that because of the slow processor they could not whitelist virtually any apps, reality has shown that not to be true as there are cracked apk's around and they are fine. Many functional issues around the firmware/FiiO search facilities by users have been ignored. Sorry FiiO but your users all matter! Do FiiO understand long term marketing/karma? If you ignore your users FiiO, the results of that ignorance will show up way down the line. My suggestion. Listen to your users more. Same for the M9. Isn't it good to listen to your users? Isn't that the point of owning your DAPs?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #2,465 of 3,610
Where do I find those "cracked" apps?

Jun 30, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #2,466 of 3,610
Where do I find those "cracked" apps?

Hi
If you go back through this thread you will find links to some of those apps. Because someone else 'cracked' them I don't want to put them up, out of respect. There's another music player. Not that it is special, but it does work relatively speedily on the M6/M9. I think the search issues many bring up, a podcast player and an audiobook player could have made a lot of users happy and are the main point. I would still recommend this player, it's well made and very functional. I just cannot understand how FiiO can just 'forget' their users. Aren't the products supposed to make people happy?

Jun 30, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #2,467 of 3,610
@FiiO

Well it seems all of us M6 owners have been forgotten/ignored by FiiO. Not clever in the long term. Short term maybe, long term, M6 users will not forget. FiiO made out that because of the slow processor they could not whitelist virtually any apps, reality has shown that not to be true as there are cracked apk's around and they are fine. Many functional issues around the firmware/FiiO search facilities by users have been ignored. Sorry FiiO but your users all matter! Do FiiO understand long term marketing/karma? If you ignore your users FiiO, the results of that ignorance will show up way down the line. My suggestion. Listen to your users more. Same for the M9. Isn't it good to listen to your users? Isn't that the point of owning your DAPs?

Even I have liked your comment, I would not be that harsh with FiiO. They have a quite good customer communication. I think they have underestimated the expectations of customers which comes along with an Android based player, that this opens up a complete new world of software possibilities as user know a lot of other Android apps and would like to use them on their M6/9 and they already have announced some new apps for the whitelist (somewhere in the premium sponsor forum).
The point were I am in total agreement with you is, all the tiny little bugs on basics of their own music player software which have not been addressed yet despite that users have given tons of input to these issues. That is were I am disappointed from FiiO. The FiiO Music App would be so much better I FiiO would get just basics right.

So the next update should better be a good one!

P.S. M11 is not an alternative to M6/9!

Jun 30, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #2,468 of 3,610
@FiiO

They are dropping the ball on this one for sure, I know it's all about m11 atm but I guarantee they've sold more m6's than m11's. Plus they have m11 pro coming and a flagship all in this year- your firmware has to keep up with your hardware.

And fiio can't use the same excuse as say cayin, shanling, ibasso, colofly etc. as being too small. Because they are a bigger company now with more resources than the other Chinese dap manufacturers.

Be like Sony and Ak and shore up your firmware first before you make a zillion new daps.

Jun 30, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #2,469 of 3,610
I
Even I have liked your comment, I would not be that harsh with FiiO. They have a quite good customer communication. I think they have underestimated the expectations of customers which comes along with an Android based player, that this opens up a complete new world of software possibilities as user know a lot of other Android apps and would like to use them on their M6/9 and they already have announced some new apps for the whitelist (somewhere in the premium sponsor forum).
The point were I am in total agreement with you is, all the tiny little bugs on basics of their own music player software which have not been addressed yet despite that users have given tons of input to these issues. That is were I am disappointed from FiiO. The FiiO Music App would be so much better I FiiO would get just basics right.

So the next update should better be a good one!

P.S. M11 is not an alternative to M6/9!

Fair comment. I have no reason to be harsh to FiiO other than them breaking their promises. They promised in April and not even a hint of a delivery of an update nearly in July. I prefer 'Walk the Walk' from FiiO and not 'Talk the Talk'. Thanks for the comment though. I do love the player though. If I promised my granddaughter her birthday present and didn't come up with it..... it would not be very nice. So if you promise FiiO....keep your word to your customers.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #2,470 of 3,610
@FiiO

Hi STeve!

Got some insight from FiiO on the newly whitelisted apps in the new firmware - in another thread:
"Hi,many new apps will be added to whitelists,such as DS audio, MediaMonkey, Poweramp, Online Radio Box, KMPlayer and so on."

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #2,471 of 3,610
Hi STeve!

Got some insight from FiiO on the newly whitelisted apps in the new firmware - in another thread:
"Hi,many new apps will be added to whitelists,such as DS audio, MediaMonkey, Poweramp, Online Radio Box, KMPlayer and so on."

Well that is good news. Well done FiiO if this happens. Happiness is M6 shaped.

Jun 30, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #2,472 of 3,610
That was the post I was talking about.:darthsmile:

Jun 30, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #2,473 of 3,610
Hi
If you go back through this thread you will find links to some of those apps. Because someone else 'cracked' them I don't want to put them up, out of respect. There's another music player. Not that it is special, but it does work relatively speedily on the M6/M9. I think the search issues many bring up, a podcast player and an audiobook player could have made a lot of users happy and are the main point. I would still recommend this player, it's well made and very functional. I just cannot understand how FiiO can just 'forget' their users. Aren't the products supposed to make people happy?
Please post the post link if you don't want to directly link as I can't find it

Jul 1, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #2,474 of 3,610
Hi STeve!

That is all well and good but shouldn't they focus on making their own Music Player better? I mean it has their name on it for god sakes and for us M7 owners our only option. It's like saying hey our competitors make better apps than us so use their products and not ours. M6 owners may feel neglected but M7 owners are completely forgotten at this point without a Fiio Music Player update.

Jul 1, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #2,475 of 3,610
That is all well and good but shouldn't they focus on making their own Music Player better? I mean it has their name on it for god sakes and for us M7 owners our only option. It's like saying hey our competitors make better apps than us so use their products and not ours. M6 owners may feel neglected but M7 owners are completely forgotten at this point without a Fiio Music Player update.

Yep, I'm expecting to see a new version of the music player in the new firmware.

Also I'm hoping @FiiO finally decides to open the M6 to any apk. With a setting to warn about possible problems, that's ok.
Even maybe a Blacklist instead of a whitelist. I'm an advanced user of Android and many here are too, I think it would be alright to have the opportunity to take better control of the device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back