[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Apr 19, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #2,177 of 3,610
hmm I really think @FiiO should really consider whitelisting the pulsar music player app.

if it's possible, of course. I am not sure if the audio glitch has got to do with the fiio app or limitations of the hardware.

They should pass it to the devs, the app is very stable and lightweight @JamesFiiO @FiiO. I would love having the ability to choose the local player on my M6, it's nuts, you are not losing, you are only winning by expanding choices of users.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-pulsar-music-player-t3197336
https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/help.html

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #2,178 of 3,610
Need a little help here.

Discovered my M6 has 2% batt left and the moment I plug into charger the screen went white and I could NOT shut it down or reboot.

Any ideas? Asking here before turning to FIIO Support cuz they didn’t reply the last time I asked something.

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #2,179 of 3,610
Need a little help here.

Discovered my M6 has 2% batt left and the moment I plug into charger the screen went white and I could NOT shut it down or reboot.

Any ideas? Asking here before turning to FIIO Support cuz they didn’t reply the last time I asked something.

There's a key combination to force a reboot. I think it's Power + Play for 10 seconds?

Apr 20, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #2,182 of 3,610
They should pass it to the devs, the app is very stable and lightweight @JamesFiiO @FiiO. I would love having the ability to choose the local player on my M6, it's nuts, you are not losing, you are only winning by expanding choices of users.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-pulsar-music-player-t3197336
https://rhmsoft.com/pulsar/help/help.html
Yes, they should at least add Pulsar to the whitelist if isn't possible with HibyMusic (whatever reasons they have for not adding that to the whitelist), since as tested by @greenflash, Pulsar seemed to run decently.

Apr 20, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #2,183 of 3,610
hey guys, question regarding the sound: I have had the m6 for about two days already, with about continuous usage, and i found that a certain section of the midrange is scratchy or rough; I dont know how else to explain this. I first noticed this when I plugged it into the car system, a certain song came on and my first impression was that there were parts with vocals that just sounds scruffy whereas. Just parts, tho, not the entire song. this has never happened before with my A45 and the Q1MK2

is it just me, or can someone acknowledge a similar experience like mine with the mids? If I were to put it simply, there is a sense that the mids might get rather cluttery or unclean...you get me? and it just took me out of the listening experience.

any chance this will be smoothed out over time (through the internal amp burn-in)?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #2,184 of 3,610
hey guys, question regarding the sound: I have had the m6 for about two days already, with about continuous usage, and i found that a certain section of the midrange is scratchy or rough; I dont know how else to explain this. I first noticed this when I plugged it into the car system, a certain song came on and my first impression was that there were parts with vocals that just sounds scruffy whereas. Just parts, tho, not the entire song. this has never happened before with my A45 and the Q1MK2

is it just me, or can someone acknowledge a similar experience like mine with the mids? If I were to put it simply, there is a sense that the mids might get rather cluttery or unclean...you get me? and it just took me out of the listening experience.

any chance this will be smoothed out over time (through the internal amp burn-in)?

Not sure how this is the M6. It measures flat, with low distortion. Are you sure its not the track?

Apr 20, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #2,185 of 3,610
Not sure how this is the M6. It measures flat, with low distortion. Are you sure its not the track?

It cant be track, because they are the same files that I brought over from the A45 and whatever is on my pc. through the M6, there are parts where I would describe as being unclean. Here, as an example, listen to DJ Khaled's I'm The One and tell me how JB's vocals sound as soon as it comes on on the track. Does it sound consistent and clean, or (as in my case), does it sound like JB's vocals are sort of crackling or rattling?

(Edit: it could be my car speakers, but still, never had this issue before with my other gears)

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #2,186 of 3,610
Listened to the youtube recording and the recording is not what I would call great. There is distortion there. iDSD > VE Enterprise > HD800S. Hard to tell with the rest of the track - its also quite uneven - a lot of auto-tune in there which tends to make a mess of everything anyway. I tried the Spotify premium version, and there is still distortion there.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #2,187 of 3,610
Sadly both at FiiO and amongst some Head-fiers there are some very conservative voices who put a brake on any additions to the whitelist. In the UK we have the word 'Nause' to describe them. They always get in the way. Sad but true. Thankfully we have a good guy on this thread who has tested some apps that work. With the right attitude from FiiO there could certainly be some alternative apps that work.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #2,188 of 3,610
Sadly both at FiiO and amongst some Head-fiers there are some very conservative voices who put a brake on any additions to the whitelist. In the UK we have the word 'Nause' to describe them. They always get in the way. Sad but true. Thankfully we have a good guy on this thread who has tested some apps that work. With the right attitude from FiiO there could certainly be some alternative apps that work.

Who's putting the brakes on Steve? If you're referring to my comments on the M9 thread (different thread), I was simply explaining why FiiO is naturally cautious about white-listing many apps. If you guys wanted to help FiiO, why not start a different thread, add a poll - and give FiiO an idea of popularity and consensus to give them something to work towards? IE find out what the community really wants instead of everyone asking about many different apps.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #2,189 of 3,610

Who wouldn't want more choices? It's not like you have to install them. I understand if it's not going to run properly, but obviously lots of stuff would still run ok. I'm really happy with the m6 overall, but I'd still love a nice EQ/dsp suite to play with.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #2,190 of 3,610
Listened to the youtube recording and the recording is not what I would call great. There is distortion there. iDSD > VE Enterprise > HD800S. Hard to tell with the rest of the track - its also quite uneven - a lot of auto-tune in there which tends to make a mess of everything anyway. I tried the Spotify premium version, and there is still distortion there.
I see. Perhaps it has been masked pretty well by my other dacs that I thought that that is not how it supposed to sound. Anyways, I will keep on listening to see if there any changes.

Thanks by the way for your prompt reply! really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back