[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Apr 18, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #2,146 of 3,610
Spotify has crossfade, I knew there was something I was using recently that had it. I'll have to look on my Ak dap, but I know the Sonys and the Shanling daps don't have it and it's not on hiby music.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #2,148 of 3,610
Spotify has crossfade, I knew there was something I was using recently that had it. I'll have to look on my Ak dap, but I know the Sonys and the Shanling daps don't have it and it's not on hiby music.

Spotify indeed does have cross-fade and is implemented really well. Use it all the time on my playlists.

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #2,150 of 3,610
Nah I’m referring to albums recorded gapless, not crossfade. Albums from artists such as Carbon Based Lifeforms (fav) and other ambient/downtempo releases as well as some rock oriented albums where you hear cymbals and guitar chords trailing into the next song.

Apr 18, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #2,151 of 3,610
@Brooko or anyone else who owns the K3, is the M6 comparable in sound? I really like the sound of the K3 and would like something similar in dap form. Maybe the M9 is closer since it uses an AKM dac chip like the K3?

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #2,152 of 3,610
hello hello, just got my M6 today, loved everything so far, with the exception of the occasional audio glitches once in a while in the beginning of some songs when i skip to a new song, sometimes. Otherwise, it's a wonderful little DAP.

any chance this can be addressed in a firmware update? it would mean a lot (really, it would basically turn this DAP from really great to super awesome).

That happens with the FiiO music app or Spotify/Tidal etc? Bluetooth or wired?

Apr 18, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #2,155 of 3,610
@Brooko or anyone else who owns the K3, is the M6 comparable in sound? I really like the sound of the K3 and would like something similar in dap form. Maybe the M9 is closer since it uses an AKM dac chip like the K3?

I'll try and check a few daps against the K3 today, and get back to you.

Apr 18, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #2,157 of 3,610
That happens with the FiiO music app or Spotify/Tidal etc? Bluetooth or wired?

i have only used the fiio app so far, wired and it happens there. never tried streaming or anything else. Nobody else has experienced this?

Edit: it seems that everytime the glitch happens, it seems to me that the cpu choked, and just glitched out the audio right at the opening of some songs when you sometimes skip to them.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #2,158 of 3,610
i have only used the fiio app so far, wired and it happens there. never tried streaming or anything else. Nobody else has experienced this?

Edit: it seems that everytime the glitch happens, it seems to me that the cpu choked, and just glitched out the audio right at the opening of some songs when you sometimes skip to them.

I have had it happen even when not skipping. Not often, but it has happened. I've also had songs skip mid song without prompting on a couple of occasions. One time the player just shut down completely. This is all using the Fiio music app.

Apr 18, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #2,159 of 3,610
I have had it happen even when not skipping. Not often, but it has happened. I've also had songs skip mid song without prompting on a couple of occasions. One time the player just shut down completely. This is all using the Fiio music app.

Might help if you gave a perspective. How many times has it happened, and over how many days/hours of use?

For the record - the M6 hasn't skipped for me (so far), Spotify, paired with Mobius (so wireless and Bluetooth). Roughly 50 hours listening.

Apr 18, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #2,160 of 3,610
Might help if you gave a perspective. How many times has it happened, and over how many days/hours of use?

For the record - the M6 hasn't skipped for me (so far), Spotify, paired with Mobius (so wireless and Bluetooth). Roughly 50 hours listening.

Maybe that's because you are not using the local files using the Fiio app? both our issues with the skipping come from the Fiio app...and wired, too.

I have just done a factory reset, and I am trying to see it this solves the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back