[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Apr 6, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #2,011 of 3,610
@FiiO can we get saved EQ profiles for different headphones? This is my favorite feature of the Pioneer XDP-300R music player app

I've been eyeing that focal massdrop model, but comfort is always a problem with regular cans for me.
I wiil add my voice too. The M6 runs at a satisfactory speed for me. As a piece of hardware it is quite special in many ways. Where the M6 is letting customers down though is through lack of just a minimal amount of resource friendly white-listed apps, which do exist. The fact that many head-fiers have asked Fiio for audio-book, podcast, and casting software and FiiO have ignored this I find sad.

Yes they don't really have too much presence in this thread at all. It seems only AK with Jason and Shanling with Frankie are the only constants as far as giving answers to queries and keeping people abreast in their product's threads.

Sony has pretty much none, but usually their hardware and software is rock solid. But I agree I feel we're just spinning our wheels asking for stuff. It takes more than just great hardware.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #2,012 of 3,610
How much battery are you guys getting?

Apr 6, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #2,013 of 3,610
How much battery are you guys getting?

It seems to drain pretty fast -- or at least the % counter does -- but seems to get me through an entire day at work and some at night. I charge it every night while I sleep.

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #2,014 of 3,610
I've been eyeing that focal massdrop model, but comfort is always a problem with regular cans for me.

Yes they don't really have too much presence in this thread at all. It seems only AK with Jason and Shanling with Frankie are the only constants as far as giving answers to queries and keeping people abreast in their product's threads.

Sony has pretty much none, but usually their hardware and software is rock solid. But I agree I feel we're just spinning our wheels asking for stuff. It takes more than just great hardware.

He probably doesn't have time as he is spending all his time posting in the M11 thread. Seems to post like crazy in that thread, looks like these older DAP threads have become far less important to Fiio. To bad as they need to respond to the customers who have bought their products already. Not just pander for sales for the new DAP's coming out like the M11.

Apr 7, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #2,016 of 3,610
He probably doesn't have time as he is spending all his time posting in the M11 thread

Just posted a shot in the M11 thread, asking if 3rd party apps will be generally usable or not and chromecast support. It's going to be a crappy deal if not. The m6 i live with its limitations (the frustrating music app and lack of chromecast) because it's so lovely and diddy and cool, but a big phone size player with the basic functionality of an M6... er no. Ill stick with my V30 and X7ii, thanks :)

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #2,017 of 3,610
I just hate fiio music app, I hope they improve it with future firmware updates: searching is horrible, browsing with a large collection is horrible and I miss a year category, so if I want to listen to albums from 2019 I don't have to search them. Seriously considering selling it and getting Shanling M2X or Hiby R3 (or even waiting for new Hiby mid-tier dap).

By the way, I've been reading in this thread complains about the lagging and slow response of M6 due to few ram, processor, etc. I dont really feel like is that much of an issue, but has anyone compared it with ingenic x1000 daps like AP80 or hiby r3?

I agree with the Fiio app. It's pretty grim. Better than it used to be, lol. It was REALLY bad a couple of years ago, lol.

For me the broken global search option is the killer. I can live with clunkiness but uselessness, less so

PLEASE FIX IT @FiiO - namely global search does not display albums appertaining to search input COME ON FIX IT PLEASE!!!! We search for a band we want to see their albums... period!!!!!!! It's just a no brainer.

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #2,018 of 3,610
I agree, I just don't know if they would want hiby on it now that they do their own software. I would think eventually the m6 will get rooted.
I would like to see the day this great DAP get rooted. Using the FiiO Music Player app is....kinda limiting, with some of its shortcomings. We want some alternatives in the music player apps that we could choose.

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #2,019 of 3,610
Jeez, it's scary isn't it? The product is like 4 months old , and 2 of those spent with no sales due to lack of stocks, and now it's deemed as an older product and not worthy of customer support, lol - just shows how fast things are moving in the consumer electronics field :)

So true but no manufacturer has dropped as many DAP's in such a short period as Fiio has. This is bound to leave some DAP owners feeling left out on these threads. With the M11 being the current high end DAP they need to get a buzz going for it even at the expense of other DAP's. The faster Exynos processor and 3 GB of RAM on the M11 should be enough to run some apps that won't run on the M6. But it's size makes it a rather cumbersome device to carry around, almost like carrying a second smartphone. Not really portable enough for me and more than I want to spend on a DAP.

Not sure why Fiio is going so DAP crazy right now, honestly people who might have upgraded to the M11 say next year if it was released then may just stick with the M6. Since as you said it has only been out for a few months. I certainly can't afford to upgrade my DAP's every 4 to 6 months for the latest and greatest. People who bought the M7 felt cheated when the M6 was released and I imagine M9 owners may feel the same about the M11 given how much more powerful it is.

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #2,020 of 3,610
Just posted a shot in the M11 thread, asking if 3rd party apps will be generally usable or not and chromecast support. It's going to be a crappy deal if not. The m6 i live with its limitations (the frustrating music app and lack of chromecast) because it's so lovely and diddy and cool, but a big phone size player with the basic functionality of an M6... er no. Ill stick with my V30 and X7ii, thanks :)

Yeah I mean given the M11 size it is like a smartphone without the phone. Streaming on my smartphone works for me when needed so not really a practical option for me. I already have to many large screen portable devices to carry as it is.

Apr 7, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #2,021 of 3,610
Dear Fish, I recall your first messages, you were stating that you received a damaged m6 and probably considering if you should wait for replacement (m6 was out of stock for a while), but you preferred to get m7 instead. If I were you I would wait but anyways you returned m6 and got m7. Now I undestand that you try to justify your decision but we got your point Fish just be happy with your m7 but honestly m6, which you didn’t have chance to try is a better dap and there is no reason to promote m7.

Actually yeah the M6 got damaged by Canada post in transit and I opted for the M7 instead of waiting. I have actually recently had a chance to try an M6 and still prefer the M7. I prefer the warmer tuned sound, the better battery life and the separate volume wheel. I found the M6's brighter sound less forgiving on certain genres of music I like and not so with the M7. I even prefer the look and feel of the M7 as it seems more like a proper DAP and not a tiny smartphone and the build feels more solid. But heck if fate hadn't intervened I may never have even tried the M7 if the M6 I bought had not been damaged enroute to me. The lord works in mysterious ways, so happy he did in this case. :)

I am hearing the battery life on the M6 isn't all that great. With LDAC bluetooth being quite power hungry the extra battery life on the M7 is so nice to have.

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #2,022 of 3,610
Yeah I mean given the M11 size it is like a smartphone without the phone. Streaming on my smartphone works for me when needed so not really a practical option for me. I already have to many large screen portable devices to carry as it is.

Its a smartphone size (length and width) but it's over twice as thick as my current smartphone. It's like carrying three phones in your pocket at once if you walked around with the DAP and phone! Yay to that!

Apr 7, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #2,023 of 3,610
Well the last more expensive fiio I had 'x5iii' was too warm for my tastes and bigger than I like. The ak sr15 is smaller than m7 and the m6 is smaller than that!

So I have absolutely no interest in m11. I would imagine m6 has sold very well, because of the price/feature/performance ratio.

Apr 7, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #2,024 of 3,610
Well the last more expensive fiio I had 'x5iii' was too warm for my tastes and bigger than I like. The ak sr15 is smaller than m7 and the m6 is smaller than that!

So I have absolutely no interest in m11. I would imagine m6 has sold very well, because of the price/feature/performance ratio.

Yea the AK SR15 Norma is an interesting one that I've been considering lately. It's a little thick though, but I do like the the general length/width of it.

Apr 7, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #2,025 of 3,610
It seems that the m11 will be able to side load apps but not have access to the google store from the start if that's any use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back