[FiiO M6] Portable High-Resolution Lossless Music Player,Embracing A Wireless Future
Apr 4, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #1,981 of 3,610
I had this exact same problem, butit was doing it constantly. I read it might have something to do with reaching the limit of 8 offline devices registered on one account. I never had 8 offline devices, but logged into my account to check, and it had my Samsung tablet registered, about 5 times for some reason, meaning I had hit the limit.

I cleared all these registered devices, and when I booted the M6 back up, it seemed to have fixed the issue. However, I tested the M6 offline with Spotify, and it worked, but when I next booted it up, it had logged me out. It wouldn't let me log back in, saying I was offline. I couldn't go online without logging in.

This was a free trial of Spotify, and I cancelled it, and went back to Tidal.

I'm a Spotify subscriber but I'll check the offline devices suggestion...could be the problem.

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #1,982 of 3,610
Good that you are enjoying the M7. The M6 is for people who want WiFi streaming and Bluetooth. Different audience, different needs. The M6 is a fantastic little DAP. Good to see everybody happy.

My point exactly, just because I prefer something different doesn't mean I can't be happy. I understand the market for the M6 perfectly, it just isn't the market I am interested in. My smartphone works great for the rare times I want to stream and since I own my own business I can write off my smartphones so not a big deal if I run my battery down using it for streaming and I am not limited to whitelisted apps. The way I see it when the M6K or whatever Fiio calls it is released in 12 to 18 months most of you will ditch your M6 in the hopes for better wifi support and better app support. Me I'll still be listening happily to my M7 and holding onto my money for other things.

What I am wondering now is how many will try to dump their M6 for the M11? I have read threw that thread out of curiosity and it looks like a beautiful DAP. More than I want to spend but it seems people who want wifi in their DAP's will keep endlessly chasing the next model in hopes it gets better. Not a rabbit hole I want or need to travel down.

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #1,983 of 3,610
The M11 is beautiful but not for me. Sincerely I'd buy a new cellphone with that money.

Apr 4, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #1,984 of 3,610
Mine is solid on wifi also, maybe yours is defective, I hate to be a bummer but you should contact Fiio and see whats up.

Apr 4, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #1,985 of 3,610
My point exactly, just because I prefer something different doesn't mean I can't be happy. I understand the market for the M6 perfectly, it just isn't the market I am interested in. My smartphone works great for the rare times I want to stream and since I own my own business I can write off my smartphones so not a big deal if I run my battery down using it for streaming and I am not limited to whitelisted apps. The way I see it when the M6K or whatever Fiio calls it is released in 12 to 18 months most of you will ditch your M6 in the hopes for better wifi support and better app support. Me I'll still be listening happily to my M7 and holding onto my money for other things.

What I am wondering now is how many will try to dump their M6 for the M11? I have read threw that thread out of curiosity and it looks like a beautiful DAP. More than I want to spend but it seems people who want wifi in their DAP's will keep endlessly chasing the next model in hopes it gets better. Not a rabbit hole I want or need to travel down.

M11 is too big for me and wifi is fine on m6 it's the processor that's a bit weak, but for what I use, ie spotify, it works fine. And I like the OTA updates also.

I like m6 in my vehicle and it's tiny size and weight makes it a great active use dap. I have a quad core ak sr15 and a galaxy s10e but I still use the streaming and apps on the m6. Tune in and world radio run nice and I can use it at home on the bike and stair climber/treadmill thingy.

Not neccessary, but still cool it has so many functions in a tiny size.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #1,987 of 3,610
Apr 4, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #1,989 of 3,610
Is it just me or does anyone else find the Fiio music player app on the M6 quite frustrating in some regards? I just got my M6 about a week ago so it is possible I just haven't figured out how to use it yet, but there are a few features that seem inexplicably missing. For example, as far as I can tell, you can't play an album (maybe a playlist either? I haven't tried yet) then have the player just stop after all songs have played - it either keeps playing the album on repeat or moves on to the next folder. Sometimes I just want to hear an album once and nothing after. Also, maybe I'm super weird but I like to keep track of play counts/stats and this player seems to be horrible for that. From what I can tell it just lists the most listened to songs without showing actual numbers, plus if you listen to a song for 5 seconds and skip it, the player still counts that as a listen, which is ridiculous to me. Does anyone else find this frustrating or does everyone just stream now and streaming apps are much better at keeping stats therefore making my issues irrelevant (I don't stream)?

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #1,990 of 3,610
Lol, I'm old I have to excercise.

Wait I'm getting old too.. I thought I was escaping the fitness curse, not the opposite. Oh God ! lol

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #1,992 of 3,610
anyone here every tried rooting the m6?

by the way @FiiO the FiiO M6 was great [till I started to see dead pixels] and I got 5 people to buy it!

I haven't been able to get access the bootloader. With whitelisting on, it's hard to use any on-device exploits that are available. I've successfully rooted and made TWRP for XDP-300R but I can't even backup the stock recovery on this device to start that process -- at least not yet anyway.

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #1,993 of 3,610
M11 is too big for me and wifi is fine on m6 it's the processor that's a bit weak, but for what I use, ie spotify, it works fine. And I like the OTA updates also.

I like m6 in my vehicle and it's tiny size and weight makes it a great active use dap. I have a quad core ak sr15 and a galaxy s10e but I still use the streaming and apps on the m6. Tune in and world radio run nice and I can use it at home on the bike and stair climber/treadmill thingy.

Not neccessary, but still cool it has so many functions in a tiny size.

That 5 inch screen is crazy big for a DAP, I already carry 3 big screen devices with my smartphone, tablet and laptop sure don't need another one for just a DAP. Seems Fiio is making some odd choices with their DAP's lately. Prematurely killing by most accounts the M7 with the M6 and even denting sales for the M9. Now you have the M11 probably taking what little sales might be left for the M9. For what $150.00 more the M11 kicks the M9 to the curb pretty much.

Three more higher end DAP's to come, I think Fiio is hurting the sales of their own DAP's bringing out so many so fast. This is a niche market after all and it looks like Fiio wants the market all to themselves, good luck with that. I get the impression the M7 was to compete with the A55 which still hasn't surfaced much outside of Asia. The A55 seems like a stop gap DAP for Sony until they either kill the A series or come out with a radically new design for next year.

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #1,994 of 3,610
That 5 inch screen is crazy big for a DAP, I already carry 3 big screen devices with my smartphone, tablet and laptop sure don't need another one for just a DAP. Seems Fiio is making some odd choices with their DAP's lately. Prematurely killing by most accounts the M7 with the M6 and even denting sales for the M9. Now you have the M11 probably taking what little sales might be left for the M9. For what $150.00 more the M11 kicks the M9 to the curb pretty much.

Three more higher end DAP's to come, I think Fiio is hurting the sales of their own DAP's bringing out so many so fast. This is a niche market after all and it looks like Fiio wants the market all to themselves, good luck with that. I get the impression the M7 was to compete with the A55 which still hasn't surfaced much outside of Asia. The A55 seems like a stop gap DAP for Sony until they either kill the A series or come out with a radically new design for next year.

Yeah it's weird, the marketing choices indeed. I think the M6 must hurt the M9, if you accept that the M7 is now "old stock", then it has been superceded by M6 really. And how does M11 impact X7ii? is the X7ii finished? For me i have the M6 and X7ii and they compliment each other OK; X7ii has more choices for usage, more capacity possibility, snappier interface. But the M6 of course is a midget compared to the X7ii :), yet a good functioning player. I might get the bigger amp unit eventually for the X7ii and make it my portable go-to for my 600ohm beyerdynamics. The M11 sure looks like a nice option tho!

Summing up, I think, if the X range is becoming redundant, then the M11 and M6 and M5 will be really all they need to focus on perhaps? Or maybe slip in one higher end dap around the 800-1000usd mark (M15?) to become an X7ii killer with all its great features and yet better implementations all round. Then the whole budget to mid-range sector is covered, imho.

I think a big screen big dap with killer sound is a great idea. Even a 6inch bezel-less screen with UHD would be great; with full multimedia capabilities and massive capacity possibilities, maybe 6 or 8 microsd slots (or some kind of modular SSD storage facility) and 512gb built in, and 4 or 6gb ram. THAT would be cool. I'd get one of those as a powerhouse portable system. That'd be a must buy - imagine 4tb storage or more on the go without having to worry about iffy wifi connections.

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #1,995 of 3,610

Sony A series is really stale, and other than the zx300 Sony hasn't done anything really cool or exciting lately. I'm still waiting for a 40th anniversary walkman dap announcement from them. And yeah fiio seems like they're trying to cover every possible base, idk I think sometimes it's better not to have too many models to develop and produce.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back