[FiiO M3K] Probably the Most Cost-Effective Hi-Res Music Player, Discrete HiFi DAC Chip, Supports up to 384K/32B
Oct 1, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #137 of 636
It's only me or alphabetical order in " browse files" mode is screwed in M3K.
See attached screenshot.

1.png
2.jpg

P.S. I'm on firmware 1.2.1 (it was the same on 1.0.5).

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #138 of 636
Btw, anyone noticed they posted Firmware 1.2.1 ?

Thanks for that information.

I've updated my MK3 and my mono Podcasts and Audio Book files now play correctly. A "Folder.jpg" also now displays as Screen art which is excellent as it is how most of my folders are organised. It's good to see Fiio reacting to comments and producing a really useful update. Can't comment on the changes to the "Record" function as it's something I'm very unlikely to use. I'm trying the new "Theme" at the moment.

Oct 1, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #139 of 636
It's only me or alphabetical order in " browse files" mode is screwed in M3K.

Your second set of numerals have leading zeros but the first set don’t. I suppose that might be confusing the sorting algorithm. I’ve not used a similar system myself but all my files have initial numerals with leading zeros for the single digits and everything is sorted correctly.

Oct 1, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #140 of 636
Your second set of numerals have leading zeros but the first set don’t. I suppose that might be confusing the sorting algorithm. I’ve not used a similar system myself but all my files have initial numerals with leading zeros for the single digits and everything is sorted correctly.

It's the way iTunes sorts audio files and seems ok to me.
I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #142 of 636
Did I see ISO support finally for a FiiO? You guys are one of the only (blatant) holdouts of ISO support...and let's face it it that format is not so underground anymore. Your going to need tp start including it (DSD & DST) in your new products or you going to be left behind....

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #143 of 636
I'm digging the current update as a whole so far, keep it up Fiio! Looking forward to more future updates and support.

If you guys add a line out function for external amps in a future update(if even possible) I will likely soil myself...in a good way

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #145 of 636
I have watched cleg's video review last night and is considering getting one. I have a quick question regarding the play/pause hardware button on the side, which can be assigned different functions as per the review. Can it be programmed to skip tracks? - Short press = skip fwd, long press = skip bwd , some thing like that. TIA

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #146 of 636
I have watched cleg's video review last night and is considering getting one. I have a quick question regarding the play/pause hardware button on the side, which can be assigned different functions as per the review. Can it be programmed to skip tracks? - Short press = skip fwd, long press = skip bwd , some thing like that. TIA

Once the screen is off a long press on the volume up button skips forward and a long press on the volume down button repeats the track.

It's misleading to describe the single side button as "programmable" as you can just choose between two options.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #147 of 636
Once the screen is off a long press on the volume up button skips forward and a long press on the volume down button repeats the track.

It's misleading to describe the single side button as "programmable" as you can just choose between two options.

Thanks @Montree. It would have been great of Fiio can utilise that button for track skipping. I am worried about the unexpected volume bumps, when long pressing the volume keys.

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #148 of 636
Thanks @Montree. It would have been great of Fiio can utilise that button for track skipping. I am worried about the unexpected volume bumps, when long pressing the volume keys.

I was concerned about this too but so far i haven't had any issues as of yet. I don't know how much support fiio plans to give the m3k but if they keep going the way they have been, I'd be surprised if they didn't add these features and more stuff in the future.

Oct 9, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #149 of 636
I was concerned about this too but so far i haven't had any issues as of yet. I don't know how much support fiio plans to give the m3k but if they keep going the way they have been, I'd be surprised if they didn't add these features and more stuff in the future.

Finally got a M3K and have been using it for last couple of days. Just wondering if anyone here has noticed issues while skipping tracks using the volume buttons when the screen is off. For me, skipping tracks works most of the time. But sometimes, long pressing the volume buttons doesn't do anything. The tracks get skipped only after two or three attempts. I am worried if I get a faulty unit or if it's a firmware issue.

Oct 9, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #150 of 636
Finally got a M3K and have been using it for last couple of days. Just wondering if anyone here has noticed issues while skipping tracks using the volume buttons when the screen is off. For me, skipping tracks works most of the time. But sometimes, long pressing the volume buttons doesn't do anything. The tracks get skipped only after two or three attempts. I am worried if I get a faulty unit or if it's a firmware issue.

It's not a feature I use very often but it has never failed to work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back