FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Dec 30, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #1,141 of 2,001
Sorry if this has been ask but How does the M3 compare to other DAP in its price range like the xDuoo X2. 
I'm debating between those two. 

X2 have more power, so it's drives big cans better and have more bass body. but to my ears X2 does something strange with treble (effect differs on different firmware versions), so I prefer M3 with nice IEMs. but it's just my personal taste, many people can prefer X2

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #1,142 of 2,001
X2 have more power, so it's drives big cans better and have more bass body. but to my ears X2 does something strange with treble (effect differs on different firmware versions), so I prefer M3 with nice IEMs. but it's just my personal taste, many people can prefer X2

I'm also debating between these 2, Since I'm planning to use either with IEMs and not power-consuming headphones, should I prefer M3 over X2? I like the price and the general specs of XDuoo but Fiio's support/UI and possible EU warranty are also important for me. Certainly when you reach the ~€65 range then Fiio X1 is not that far away!

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #1,143 of 2,001
I'm also debating between these 2, Since I'm planning to use either with IEMs and not power-consuming headphones, should I prefer M3 over X2? I like the price and the general specs of XDuoo but Fiio's support/UI and possible EU warranty are also important for me. Certainly when you reach the ~€65 range then Fiio X1 is not that far away!

I've already wrote my personal preference above, but I can't tell you "go buy M3", as it will be not honest from my side
Both of them have strong and weak sides:

- X2 have more bass body, it have more power, but it's UI is so-so, and treble is really not OK to my taste (but you can chose different styles of bad treble by changing firmware :) )
- M3 have better treble, better UI (when Fiio fix issues), longer life time from one charge, but it's sound is less engaging and bass have less body
And, of course, warranty can be a nice thing. Also, M3 will definitely have more accessories (for me it's pretty important too), it cames with pretty OK earbuds (for it's price), Fiio already offers armband and I think they'll make a case or pouch.

Dec 31, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #1,145 of 2,001
Greetings to all :)
I want to buy device for listening flac-music (mostly rock-music) with my hifiman re-400.
Maybe someone can answer, how will perform m3 with my headphones?
And if I compare to Meizu MX5, m3 will be better? 
Thanks,

p.s. sorry for my English :D

Dec 31, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #1,146 of 2,001
  Greetings to all :)
I want to buy device for listening flac-music (mostly rock-music) with my hifiman re-400.
Maybe someone can answer, how will perform m3 with my headphones?
And if I compare to Meizu MX5, m3 will be better? 
Thanks,

p.s. sorry for my English :D

Oh yes, the M3 will be better than a cell phone. But (IMHO) if you can afford the difference, go for the X1.

Jan 1, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #1,149 of 2,001
I've already wrote my personal preference above, but I can't tell you "go buy M3", as it will be not honest from my side

Both of them have strong and weak sides:

- X2 have more bass body, it have more power, but it's UI is so-so, and treble is really not OK to my taste (but you can chose different styles of bad treble by changing firmware
smily_headphones1.gif
)

- M3 have better treble, better UI (when Fiio fix issues), longer life time from one charge, but it's sound is less engaging and bass have less body

And, of course, warranty can be a nice thing. Also, M3 will definitely have more accessories (for me it's pretty important too), it cames with pretty OK earbuds (for it's price), Fiio already offers armband and I think they'll make a case or pouch.

Thanks! Since I'm not a basshead at all I think that there's one more point to think of M3! I've read some battery issues regarding the Xduoo and that's another think to consider.

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #1,150 of 2,001
Hi everyone. I recently switched from Apple products to FiiO. The sound quality is truly amazing. The software has a bit of work that needs to be done. I miss the easy Playlist creation and fast scrolling. Other than that these blow apple out of the water. I have the X3 gen 1 and M3. I can confirm that I was able to load all 17,000 songs onto a 128GB micro sd card and they all showed up and played on both units. Yes, the M3 can handle 17k songs on it. Amazing little unit.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #1,151 of 2,001
Hi everyone. I recently switched from Apple products to FiiO. The sound quality is truly amazing. The software has a bit of work that needs to be done. I miss the easy Playlist creation and fast scrolling. Other than that these blow apple out of the water. I have the X3 gen 1 and M3. I can confirm that I was able to load all 17,000 songs onto a 128GB micro sd card and they all showed up and played on both units. Yes, the M3 can handle 17k songs on it. Amazing little unit.

It would be helpful if you clarified this a little.

The M3 can handle that number of tracks in folder mode - but not tagged.  The tagged limit is 4K.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,154 of 2,001
Correct. Placed all the songs in one folder and pushed play in mix mode. It shows 17k tracks but will it play all of them?

In folder mode it will.  For tagged browsing, it will cap out at 4K.

I also noticed my X3 plays apple lossless files but the M3 won't?

The M3 does not have ALAC support => does well with FLAC though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back