FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240 TFT|50mW|FLAC/APE/AIFF|In line control|OGG, MP3, AAC, WMA |24 Hours|HiFi Earbuds
Dec 27, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,126 of 2,001
  I received my M3 and it looks and sounds good. I have a X1 that I use for hiking & biking.  Does anyone know if M3U is possible for the M3?  If the M3 gets M3U , I'll start using it for my hiking & biking.  Its to had to create playlist o the M3 itself.

Right now m3u's don't work on M3. You can use CUE files but it doesn't work for me for mp3's (I've e-mailed support about it but still need to reply back and give them file samples). CUE files are really unwieldy compared to m3u's though. Not exactly the best playlist experience.

Dec 27, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #1,127 of 2,001
  After some more usage, it seems like it has issues playing AAC files that are longer than a certain length. I tried playing a few 20 minute Yes tracks that I had in AAC and they refused to play, but 2112, which I had in mp3, didn't have any problems.

Do the files use the m4a (mp4) container? I seem to remember it takes a fair bit of memory to parse large files with this.

You could try extracting the raw AAC using ffmpeg or the like. That's assuming the device will play raw AAC (I don't have one).

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #1,130 of 2,001
@tofumon

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems with your tagging.

I just checked my version of mp3Tag. I run it as follows:

1) Under "Tools -> Options" check Mpeg tags as Read & Write main boxes all ticked, Also tick ID3v2.3 UTF-16

2) Drag a single album across to mp3Tag

3) Select all the files using Ctrl A

4) If the files are not tagged, then I use "Tag Source" to identify and automatically tag the album

5) I import album art as required

6) Press Save to write all the information

Hope this works for you.

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #1,132 of 2,001

Every IEM I use. It depends on your ears as well. 

Nuts, this isn't looking good. I could try it locally except that still means going to the opposite edge of my city, just outside of the entire metro area's downtown districts, which means either traffic on the streets or sardine can trains 
tongue.gif

Dec 28, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #1,133 of 2,001

Nuts, this isn't looking good. I could try it locally except that still means going to the opposite edge of my city, just outside of the entire metro area's downtown districts, which means either traffic on the streets or sardine can trains 
tongue.gif

If you don't hear hiss from an iRiver AK100, you probably won't be bothered by the M3, which hisses more than it, but not by a massive margin. Some people are just more sensitive. If you use earphones like Earsonics SM3, you won't hear it because they aren't sensitive to it, even if you are. I'm Headfi's hiss king. It's in my signature.

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #1,135 of 2,001

If you don't hear hiss from an iRiver AK100, you probably won't be bothered by the M3, which hisses more than it, but not by a massive margin. Some people are just more sensitive. If you use earphones like Earsonics SM3, you won't hear it because they aren't sensitive to it, even if you are. I'm Headfi's hiss king. It's in my signature.

I'll probably notice it in the library or in bed, but given I intend to use it more while out and about (plus it's not like I'll be critically listening in the library), I guess that means I won't hear it, or at least not enough to bother me. I'm a black background guy myself, since the best way to perceive dynamics isn't necessarily to put a huge power supply and power cap bank in an amp (as many seem to think), but to make sure the amp is very, very, very quiet. For the price of the M3 and where I'm gonna use it i suppose it won't be a problem.

Thanks! I'll probably go and pick up one but not before next week, I still need to get past the holiday parties (and traffic) first 
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #1,137 of 2,001
I could hear hiss even with my NT6-Pro which isn't all that sensitive (107db/mW, 45 ohm impedance).... kind of disappointing if you ask me.

Dec 29, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #1,138 of 2,001
  With most of my earphones Fiio M3 has more hiss than Fiio X1 and less than Xduoo X2.

yes, the DAC chip limited the SNR, and we don't want to control the hiss by a output resistor. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 29, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #1,139 of 2,001
This might be a stupid question but if I update the music library on my micro sd card will the M3 still be able to know which songs were favourited and preserve the playlist? So that when I plug my card back into the player it will be able to recognise which tracks should be in the favourites even if the directory may have changed but the files are the same? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back