FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Oct 21, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #527 of 1,931
Do. We still think the m11 is a Best Buy under $500.
It's still an excellent buy, and is also still the fastest DAP on the market. The others have caught up though: iBasso with the DX160 (which has more features, power, open Android with a FW hack, full MQA out the box, very low noise... but isn't as fast), HiBy with the R5 (though it's much smaller -- could be a positive or negative - but also has full MQA and open Android), and the Shanling M6s, all around the same price or cheaper, which wasn't the case when the M11 launched. Also higher end players like the HiBy R6 Pro are being sold mint for around the same price or less. So the M11 has more competition but is still a very solid choice. I'd pick a player out of this group based on what tuning you prefer (each is a little different, though absolute SQ is probably on par), and what software you need (if you need Play Store and apps like UAPP and Google Music, FiiO is a no-go). It's actually a shame that the M11 Pro seems to be muddying the waters for FiiO after they built up so much goodwill with the M11. Both are superb players, but sometimes perception clouds reason.

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #528 of 1,931
I bought Focal Elegia ($900 closed back hp) but I haven't opened the box yet because I don't have a source gear to drive it . I can try it my phone but I want my first unboxing and listening to be perfect so I will wait until my premium source gear arrives.

I was so close to buying M11 Pro but waiting two months for the M15 makes much more sense now.

Oct 21, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #529 of 1,931
I bought Focal Elegia ($900 closed back hp) but I haven't opened the box yet because I don't have a source gear to drive it . I can try it my phone but I want my first unboxing and listening to be perfect so I will wait until my premium source gear arrives.

I was so close to buying M11 Pro but waiting two months for the M15 makes much more sense now.
FB_IMG_1564073170261.jpg

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #530 of 1,931
It's still an excellent buy, and is also still the fastest DAP on the market. The others have caught up though: iBasso with the DX160 (which has more features, power, open Android with a FW hack, full MQA out the box, very low noise... but isn't as fast), HiBy with the R5 (though it's much smaller -- could be a positive or negative - but also has full MQA and open Android), and the Shanling M6s, all around the same price or cheaper, which wasn't the case when the M11 launched. Also higher end players like the HiBy R6 Pro are being sold mint for around the same price or less. So the M11 has more competition but is still a very solid choice. I'd pick a player out of this group based on what tuning you prefer (each is a little different, though absolute SQ is probably on par), and what software you need (if you need Play Store and apps like UAPP and Google Music, FiiO is a no-go). It's actually a shame that the M11 Pro seems to be muddying the waters for FiiO after they built up so much goodwill with the M11. Both are superb players, but sometimes perception clouds reason.

If you had to choose at gunpoint, The M11, the HiBy R5 or the Shanling M6?
This is basically my entire 11/11 dilemma

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #531 of 1,931
At gunpoint? I'd choose the M11 because it's the only DAP I've heard and I know it sounds great. But given some time and no loaded weapons, it'll be a toss-up between the M11, iBasso DX160 and HiBy R6 Pro (used but mint at ~$500). R5 is too small for my liking - R6 Pro is as small as I'd go, and has the better build (stainless steel) of the three. I'm not a fan of Shanling players for no other reasons that I've never used, seen or really cared for any of their previous models, and the new one is their first Android attempt.

Hint: I already made my choice, and recently switched from the M11. I'll post my findings as to how and why shortly.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #532 of 1,931
Newbe life.

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #534 of 1,931
We were all newbies once, @jmills8. And not all of us are wealthy and/or have access to any gear we want.
Yep , you are correct. We all were there.

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #535 of 1,931
At gunpoint? I'd choose the M11 because it's the only DAP I've heard and I know it sounds great. But given some time and no loaded weapons, it'll be a toss-up between the M11, iBasso DX160 and HiBy R6 Pro (used but mint at ~$500). R5 is too small for my liking - R6 Pro is as small as I'd go, and has the better build (stainless steel) of the three. I'm not a fan of Shanling players for no other reasons that I've never used, seen or really cared for any of their previous models, and the new one is their first Android attempt.

Hint: I already made my choice, and recently switched from the M11. I'll post my findings as to how and why shortly.

Thanks, I'll keep track, interested in your take :)

Newbe life.

Yep. Started out with the Sennheiser 58x and an FX-Audio DAC X6 last year. Really gets you going
I'm looking for a DAP to switch from my iPod Touch, which is still going strong more than ten years in, so I'm a bit skeptical about DAPs that seem to work for a year or two on average.

So as a newbie (and that may be just a matter of money, not experience, really...), I'm either going for a DAP or an SMSL SP2000 + SMSL SU-8 for my desktop. Seems to be about the same price

Oct 21, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #536 of 1,931
my M11 Pro gets delivered today
hoping it's similar to the DX220 +amp8

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #538 of 1,931
Yea that seems like a lot. I just tested mine (M11p) and it looks like roughly 10% per hour. Flac 96/24, Low Gain, Volume 43. FH7.
Dear friend,

You could try to test refering to:
upload_2019-10-22_15-45-35.png

The the DAC chip AK4497 takes more power so the battery life of M11pro is shorter than M11 though the battery capacity of M11pro is 4370mAh while M11 is 3800mAh.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back