FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Oct 20, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #511 of 1,931
Some thoughts about the sales of FiiO M11Pro on Amazon.

Dear customers and FiiO’s fans, today we received a notice from Amazon saying that our M11Pro's return rate is too high and we need to temporarily remove it from the shelf (the first batch of only 20pcs M11PRO on Amazon in the United States but with 5 returns). After investigation and tests, it is a pity that these five M11Pro have no quality problems. Reasons for return include: 1, battery life is too short (M11Pro playback time, because of the use of the AK4497 with a large power consumption, etc. is only about 10 hours). 2.Overheating (the same as previous one), and not Bluetooth 5.0 version (This is because of the Samsung Soc platform, however, Bluetooth 5.0 does not have any improvement for audio transmission, no matter the transmission quality and transmission distance will not be improved because of Bluetooth 5.0).

These problems are not really product quality problems or design problems. If you are familiar with such products, you might be familiar with that. High-end HIFI players, in order to get the best sound quality, often need to use high-quality devices with high power consumption, therefore, normally has shorter battery life. Heat is also normal phenomenon. Compared to many products on the market, the battery life and heating control of the M11Pro is relatively good.

We understand and respect the rights of customers, but here I’m still pleading, if you lack experience or knowledge of high-end portable products, please do not buy them easily in order to avoid returning the product because it does not meet your expectations, it will cause unnecessary losses to both of us.
At the same time, for the future high-end models, in order to avoid similar situations, we will consider the new way of selling them. Thanks for your understanding!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 20, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #512 of 1,931

Dear customers and FiiO’s fans, today we received a notice from Amazon saying that our M11Pro's return rate is too high and we need to temporarily remove it from the shelf (the first batch of only 20pcs M11PRO on Amazon in the United States but with 5 returns). After investigation and tests, it is a pity that these five M11Pro have no quality problems. Reasons for return include: 1, battery life is too short (M11Pro playback time, because of the use of the AK4497 with a large power consumption, etc. is only about 10 hours). 2.Overheating (the same as previous one), and not Bluetooth 5.0 version (This is because of the Samsung Soc platform, however, Bluetooth 5.0 does not have any improvement for audio transmission, no matter the transmission quality and transmission distance will not be improved because of Bluetooth 5.0).

These problems are not really product quality problems or design problems. If you are familiar with such products, you might be familiar with that. High-end HIFI players, in order to get the best sound quality, often need to use high-quality devices with high power consumption, therefore, normally has shorter battery life. Heat is also normal phenomenon. Compared to many products on the market, the battery life and heating control of the M11Pro is relatively good.

We understand and respect the rights of customers, but here I’m still pleading, if you lack experience or knowledge of high-end portable products, please do not buy them easily in order to avoid returning the product because it does not meet your expectations, it will cause unnecessary losses to both of us.
At the same time, for the future high-end models, in order to avoid similar situations, we will consider the new way of selling them. Thanks for your understanding!

That sucks that Amazon wont let you keep selling them and that people returned them without the proper burn-in/auditioning time considering they had 30 days.

Food for thought. I only bought your products because they are on Amazon and they offer the 30-day return policy. Doubt I would have taken what I would call a risk of getting something that doesn't live up to the value paid.

I intend to return the LC4.4C because I upgraded to the LC4.4D, if this will be a problem for you and you would like to accept the return from me directly for an identical refund I will work with you so as not to hurt your reputation with Amazon further.

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #514 of 1,931
I might return mine fiio m11pro back to Amazon because the battery drain is unreal! I only use the westone w80 and the battery drains 1 percent every 3 minutes of use -_-

Is that 5hrs per charge with or without the all-to-DSD feature enabled? I haven't been away from a power supply long enough yet to really notice if it would be an issue on a weekend of hiking.

Oct 20, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #515 of 1,931
Is that 5hrs per charge with or without the all-to-DSD feature enabled? I haven't been away from a power supply long enough yet to really notice if it would be an issue on a weekend of hiking.
I don't use the DSD feature, I use it normally with everything off and use the fiio player app to play my music .. . and If you going hiking I would recommend you taking an external battery with you xD.. After an hour of use its easily a 30% off the battery but idk sometimes I suspect the westone w80 are battery hungry headphone... Ugh who knows.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #516 of 1,931

Ah, welcome to the ‘joys’ of Amazon in the US. It’s a ‘buy, try, next’ culture. Everyone does it. What was FiiO expecting? And 20 units? Seriously? The M11 shipped in the thousands.

My personal take, even this early in the sales cycle, is this: This is what happens when gear isn’t ‘cheap’ any more. The ~$500 range is the ‘sweet spot’, and above that people (perhaps unrealistically) expect much more. Selling the Pro so close to the M11 with so little extra on offer was a bad move from FiiO. They should have just gone straight to the M15 in Dec with THX and new dacs and better hardware for $800 - $900 and everyone would have been happy.

Alternatively, FiiO no doubt had the Pro ready around the same time as the M11. If they released the ‘Pro’ instead of the M11 for $500 they would be market leaders right now and the competition wouldn’t have an answer.

Just my 0.02. I’m very grateful for the M11 because it shook up the market for mid-high-end DAPs and woke up the other vendors who thought it was good enough to sell the same features for twice the price. It also killed the market for those higher end devices, with used prices for the likes of the R6 Pro dropping to new M11 prices and making those devices far more accessible. Unfortunately all of this makes the M11 Pro at $700 less attractive. Order should be restored when the M15 ships, if FiiO prices it correctly.

Oct 21, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #517 of 1,931
Ah, welcome to the ‘joys’ of Amazon in the US. It’s a ‘buy, try, next’ culture. Everyone does it. What was FiiO expecting? And 20 units? Seriously? The M11 shipped in the thousands.

My personal take, even this early in the sales cycle, is this: This is what happens when gear isn’t ‘cheap’ any more. The ~$500 range is the ‘sweet spot’, and above that people (perhaps unrealistically) expect much more. Selling the Pro so close to the M11 with so little extra on offer was a bad move from FiiO. They should have just gone straight to the M15 in Dec with THX and new dacs and better hardware for $800 - $900 and everyone would have been happy.

Alternatively, FiiO no doubt had the Pro ready around the same time as the M11. If they released the ‘Pro’ instead of the M11 for $500 they would be market leaders right now and the competition wouldn’t have an answer.

Just my 0.02. I’m very grateful for the M11 because it shook up the market for mid-high-end DAPs and woke up the other vendors who thought it was good enough to sell the same features for twice the price. It also killed the market for those higher end devices, with used prices for the likes of the R6 Pro dropping to new M11 prices and making those devices far more accessible. Unfortunately all of this makes the M11 Pro at $700 less attractive. Order should be restored when the M15 ships, if FiiO prices it correctly.

M15 on the way as well? Too many releases too quickly...

Any offical statement about the M15 or just speculations?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #519 of 1,931
Oh, James from FiiO has said that M15 in December. So what is the purpose of releasing M11 PRO in late October ***... Isn't it super stupid to buy M11 PRO now?
Dear friend,

If your budget is enough and don't mind the higher temperature when using the player, waiting the M15 a good choice as well.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 21, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #520 of 1,931
Dear friend,

If your budget is enough and don't mind the higher temperature when using the player, waiting the M15 a good choice as well.

Best regards
That’s a cool feature! Can double as a cup warmer for your coffee when you’re at your desk listening to tunes :p

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #521 of 1,931

Thats a real shame about the returns. I absolutely love my M11Pro.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #522 of 1,931
So, my understating is that there will be a M15 AND an M15Pro. What will be the differences? Will they both use 99 dac?

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #523 of 1,931
Dear friend,

Best regards

Thanks for the reply. In addition,

Will M15 Pro be released in December as well ?

What will be their MSRP? Dont't need exact price, a range such as $700 -$900 is enough.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #524 of 1,931
Thanks for the reply. In addition,

Will M15 Pro be released in December as well ?

What will be their MSRP? Dont't need exact price, a range such as $700 -$900 is enough.
edited_FB_IMG_1443581533509.jpg

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #525 of 1,931
M11 Pro seems like a bad move by FiiO. X5III and X7II both came with a clear silicone case and a leather case, they are not even shipping a silicone case with M11 Pro.
FiiO is know for value for money, I don't see it with M11 Pro.
If they are trying to become another AK, I don't think it's going to work. Too many DAPs is going ruin the music for FiiO IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back