FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Oct 19, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #496 of 1,931
Well that's the hobby end of it. Some people get the 'end game' rig, and they are on to other things. Some people like to just buy used stuff, keep it for a while, then sell it, just they can demo a lot of things that interest them, that's enthusiast, but yes, as a a hobby it can get expensive.
The more you read on these forums the more you think that the "new thing" will be the best ever...never ending circle.

Oct 19, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #498 of 1,931
The more you read on these forums the more you think that the "new thing" will be the best ever...never ending circle.
As an audiophile enthusiast I WANT new things! Thats the joy of the hobby.

Oct 19, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #500 of 1,931
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #502 of 1,931
It sounds very good, plenty of power, drives my HD650 no problem, THX has zero noise and allows for a less "technical" presentation. (as compared to the M11) For me it checks all the boxes, including the UI at a price I can live with. I would have liked to see a larger battery, a case:anguished: and a cable capable of data transfer. They pretty much cheaped out on the accessories.

Oct 19, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #503 of 1,931
Any comparisons available between the M11 Pro and HiBy R6 Pro? Specifically SQ, because FiiO will have the edge in UI and speed and HiBy will have the edge in full open Android and output power.
Output power of the Hiby is much higher . Screen on the M11 pro is nicer and weighs less .

I prefer the Hiby audio quality . The amp to me in the Hiby is far superior .

Oct 20, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #506 of 1,931
Listening for a day with the LC-4.4D after having the LC-4.4C tying the m11pro and FH7 together for a couple weeks.

Didn't expect a difference but there is and I love it. The bass got meatier, soundstage opened up more and even less distortion.

Really lets me get lost in the sound and appreciate the music instead of the hardware.

If anyone gets the chance to try the Empyrean with this player please let me know what you think. I'm considering selling my Elear and saving up a bit to make the leap and want to know if the m11pro will be "enough" of a stepping stone before getting a high end desktop dac/amp like an iDSD or Hugo 2.

Thanks again Fiio, you've got a great product I hope to enjoy for the next few years... :)

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #509 of 1,931
I read somewhere that fiio uses a different config for its bal out port, like the ground is in a different position, and would need a bal cable specific for fiio. Is this true? Is there an industry standard for the bal out wiring for DAPs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back