1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by JamesFiiO, Sep 9, 2019.
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last
  1. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I suspect that you know full well that isn't remotely what I was saying about technical inovation. My point was clear, THD and SNR are both technical measures that essentially these days are no longer relevant in the sense that they have been at the point of audible transparency for many years now.

2. gLer
    Can someone on this thread compare the presentation of female vocals on the M11 Pro with the M11?

Take a track like Katie Melua - The Love I’m Frightened Of, or Norah Jones - Come Away With Me. Can you describe what you hear on the M11 (eg. smooth, silky, wet, dry, grainy, etched, analogue, digital, natural etc.) and then compare it to how you hear it on the M11 Pro.

I’d like to really understand how this player sounds different in the aspects of a song that I listen for, as opposed to empty and pointless “it’s better” posts.

Thx in advance.

3. Levanter
    You do realize the usual hype trend for new products in their own product page will usually favor the thread's product instead of others right?
    Further down the road, you'll find comparisons in SP1000 thread saying M11pro is still below the SP1000 lol

4. szore
    So am I!

5. szore
    I said that about the 1000M. It's not hype. To my ears the M11pro sounds better than the 1000m, that's all. No hype, just opinion.

6. gLer
    What is it about the sound of the M11 Pro that you like better than the sound of the 1000M?

7. szore
    I wrote this someplace else, just copying...

It's not as bright as the se100...but that works in it's favor; their is more richness and tone in the M11, the depth and volume of the soundstage and layering is astonishing, there is more contrast, more chiaroscuro, lol, more of a dynamic, contrasty, detailed, musical,.. tonality...more distance between the highs and lows than the 1000M and se100... the bass is beautiful... the 3d holographic presentation; vocals are detailed and airy and textured and silky smooth...mids are layered and the highs extend smoothly out

8. Maxx134
    You are correct on the M11pro having more power, and also a more present level of detailing, but not any more, just magnified more noticeable, and although its a larger sounding stage, it is still a slightly closer presentation with a wider stage. End result is a very vivid musical presentation.

I found the M11pro to be extremely neutral and extended, so If you found other units more bright overall, then they're not as good IMO...
    Who wants a bright dap?
    Could be that they used other chips.
    For instance, I found the LeSabre quad-dac in a unit to have a bit more treble focus and euphorics, making it sweet in the upper range, but thats not true to source.

Anyways I would like to know what headphones or IEMs you are using to find such a good match on the M11pro .

Kopf likes this.
  9. szore
    Look at my signature... CL2, PW Limited cable

10. gLer
    Great description, thanks. With a sound profile like that, you’ll never need another dap it seems :p

Kopf likes this.
  11. szore
    I'm in heaven! Can't wait for the M15Pro!

12. Kopf
    lol
    :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    [​IMG]

13. szore
    Wait, wut?

14. Kopf
    :sweat_smile:
    No, Pinocchio gets a long nose when he is lying. :ksc75smile:

15. szore
    Lol, OK, let's cut to the chase, you calling me a liar? Why would I lie about something like that?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last