FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Apr 4, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #1,756 of 1,931
I can't find any discussion of Android File Transfer here. It is now unusable with my main computer, a Mac Mini running Catalina OS. The app just freezes and I have to force-quit. Reinstalling it just give me an error message that it's incompatible with computer.

AFT is without doubt one of the weakest garbage applications still littering the IT world, even when it 'works'.

UPDATE:

You do not have to use AFT.

I found OpenMTP. I just transferred a few GBs of flac files from my Catalina Mac to my FiiO M11Pro - both internal and SD - quickly, smoothly, crashlessly. It almost seems like the 21st century with this thing!

It's free and open-source. It's described as some developer's answer to 'hopelessly outdated' AFT and its freezes and crashes. And it works with 64-bit Mac OS, at least in my case.

Hope it works for you guys.
Thanks for the heads up. AFT is kind of a pain to use. It has crashed on me a few times. But even more annoyingly, every time I try to transfer a file, I get an error saying the device could not be located. I then have to close the AFT, reopen and then transfer. Pretty much every time.

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #1,757 of 1,931
Thanks for the heads up. AFT is kind of a pain to use. It has crashed on me a few times. But even more annoyingly, every time I try to transfer a file, I get an error saying the device could not be located. I then have to close the AFT, reopen and then transfer. Pretty much every time.
That is the typical situation with AFT, when it is functional.
The bigger problem it is apparently not functional with 64bit operating systems: Catalina and the more recent Big Sur. It will not open, zero functionality. I have no idea if Google is going to update it, and no longer care because OpenMPT is working flawlessly (so far).

Apr 4, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #1,758 of 1,931
That is the typical situation with AFT, when it is functional.
The bigger problem it is apparently not functional with 64bit operating systems: Catalina and the more recent Big Sur. It will not open, zero functionality. I have no idea if Google is going to update it, and no longer care because OpenMPT is working flawlessly (so far).
Is there a Mac version of OpenMPT?

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #1,759 of 1,931
Apr 4, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #1,761 of 1,931
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #1,762 of 1,931
Hello. Recently got the m11 pro and really happy with it. I had hissing with the fiio fh3+ q3 (it was faint and went away with music) but the m11 pro is dead silent. Really love it as a first DAP (wanted a bit of future proofing).

Anyways, I was bummed to find out wavelet doesn't work on less than Android 9 and the m11 pro only has 7. Are there any other good global EQ apps? PowerAmp is great but im limited to local files

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #1,763 of 1,931
Hello. Recently got the m11 pro and really happy with it. I had hissing with the fiio fh3+ q3 (it was faint and went away with music) but the m11 pro is dead silent. Really love it as a first DAP (wanted a bit of future proofing).

Anyways, I was bummed to find out wavelet doesn't work on less than Android 9 and the m11 pro only has 7. Are there any other good global EQ apps? PowerAmp is great but im limited to local files
I use Hiby Music app.

Apr 8, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #1,764 of 1,931
If only we can upgrade from Android 7.0
Waiting patiently for the next iteration.

Does anyone know if the balanced 4.4mm output is 5 pin or 4 pin (i.e. if I was to use it as an analogue line out into a balanced amp ; do I need a seperate ground)

Apr 12, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #1,766 of 1,931
If only we can upgrade from Android 7.0
Waiting patiently for the next iteration.

Does anyone know if the balanced 4.4mm output is 5 pin or 4 pin (i.e. if I was to use it as an analogue line out into a balanced amp ; do I need a seperate ground)
1. The 4.4mm balanced amp output of our player has ground contact.
2. The balance port of M11Pro is not a lineout port. If you want to transfer the balanced output of M11pro to other amplifier equipment, you need to make it yourself, or buy a 4.4 connector adapter cable, and ensure that the end of the 4.4 connector is connected to the ground wire.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 13, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #1,767 of 1,931
The 7872 platform does not have the support for newer Android version, so we could not update the Android version for M11Pro.

Best regards
Simple answer is the DAP is EOL and I for one wont purchase another with similar restrictions, in some respect a waste of $$$ as the device was obsolete on release...

Q-6

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #1,769 of 1,931
Re: android version. Future compatibility with apps; Apple Music etc ... Tidal dropping support for older Android formats and authentication issues have Astell and Kern owners unhappy on the SP2000 thread.

the m11 pro platform is reasonably easy to use, sounds great for the price. I like the google play store access and it’s just a nice player to use with a range of headphone out.

I have a 4.4mm balanced/grounded interconnect to plug into the WA11 which takes an analogue signal to run full sized cans.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #1,770 of 1,931
Just curious, why do you need android9 or higher?
I'll add another.... I'm invested in the Roon ecosystem. But their Android app will no longer install on my X7. The android version is too old and no longer supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back