FiiO M11Pro | Dual AK4497 | THX AAA 78 Headpone Amp | 5.15" 18:9 720P | Exynos 7872 | 3G Ram+64G Rom |
Mar 16, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #1,741 of 1,931
How many M11 Pro owners run 300 Ohm full headphones? I’m curious how it would drive an effficient (99dB/mW) headphone at 70-80 dB like a ZMF Verite closed. The numbers say it will do OK. Anyone have real world experience?

Mar 16, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #1,742 of 1,931
I just got a new M11 Pro and there is some sort of oval shape burn mark/ghost image can be seen on the screen when I first powered up the DAP. That's not a good sign and I found some people having the same issue in FB Fiio-philes club. That burn mark/ghost image is always there. Kindly of annoying. I am worried that the issue will be getting worse after some times. People are saying that it is caused by the internal battery sticking too close to the screen. If so, that could be an indication that the battery is going to fail soon...

Seller is checking with Fiio and at the same time, I was told that there is no more stock for replacement and suggested to change to other model or brand :frowning2:

Anyone having the same issue in this forum?
From what I’ve read, it’s a known problem. I would RMA it back to the dealer and get a refund or replacement.

Mar 16, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #1,743 of 1,931
From what I’ve read, it’s a known problem. I would RMA it back to the dealer and get a refund or replacement.
Yes, that's what I am doing now. Too bad there is no new stock for M11 Pro now and seller is suggesting to replace it with Hiby New R6 (top up a little). I wonder Hiby New R6 is better than M11 Pro in terms of sound signature/quality.

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #1,744 of 1,931
I wonder Hiby New R6 is better than M11 Pro in terms of sound signature/quality.
I've not heard it, but I've been researching options to my M11 Pro. A couple of key points are, the new R6 has around 50% more power and balanced line out.

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #1,745 of 1,931
I've not heard it, but I've been researching options to my M11 Pro. A couple of key points are, the new R6 has around 50% more power and balanced line out.
Yeah, and battery life, screen resolution, android 9 are all better. But my main concern is still in the sound performance. Some reviews say it is a bit aggressive in its treble and bass.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #1,747 of 1,931
But my main concern is still in the sound performance.
ESS in the Hiby R6 versus AKM+THX in the M11Pro: they are going to sound different and I doubt there will be a 'better'. Both awesome, more like it.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #1,748 of 1,931
I’ve been working on optimizing Qobuz streaming though UAPP on the M11 Pro. The native Qobuz app is at random times so slow to manually change tracks that it’s frustrating to use. UAPP is a little better;
there is still a long delay to start the first song in Qobuz, but after that, jumping around an album’s track list, the queue, or playlist is much faster than before. I did some optimization and these are the best UAPP settings for me playing Qobuz through UAPP (using wifi):
  • Settings: Network: Network buffer size = 5 seconds
  • Settings: Network: Quick start = checked
  • Settings: Internal HiRes audio: Bit perfect mode = On
  • Settings: Internal HiRes audio: Buffer size = 400ms
Maybe these settings will help someone.
Cheers

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #1,749 of 1,931
How many M11 Pro owners run 300 Ohm full headphones? I’m curious how it would drive an effficient (99dB/mW) headphone at 70-80 dB like a ZMF Verite closed. The numbers say it will do OK. Anyone have real world experience?
So to answer my own question I bought an M11 Pro and tried it out. Long story short it does a decent job with the balanced out on high gain. It’s never going to match a quality desktop tube amp and high end DAC, but it also doesn’t weigh 25 lbs, cost 3 times as much or require a couple of shelves in an audio rack.

The mids are really well done. Treble is more present than I’m used to with a tube amp but not annoyingly so. When driving big headphones (tried Focal Clear and ZMF Verite Closed) bass starts to get muddy if you turn it too loud and it lacks the authority of a desktop amp, but at healthy listening levels it’s clean and goes deep.There is clearly a step up in sound quality going to DSD, but the battery drops pretty fast, especially when driving a big pair of cans with the balanced out.

All that being said, this DAC prefers iems. Absolutely stomping power when driving any of my iems and makes them all sound fantastic.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,751 of 1,931
To @Barnstormer13 (as you are a current reviewer w/some iem experience) OR anyone who frequents this thread and has experience with the following...

How does FiiO's THX AAA-78 based amps drive a 12 or 14 ohm iem load well using balanced out? Dynamic and authoritative or flat dynamics and rolled-off bass? (My interest is synergy w/ the Audeze Euclid; specs say Z is 12 ohm. But I measured a DCR of 14 ohms, and Z should be higher than DCR).

All my current DAP-amps using balanced-out prove to be current limited and struggles, require EQing (including the pre-THX based AM3 amp module of my X7); but even w/that still have little slam, rather giving only polite bass. Only my E1DA PowerDAC V2 grabs this iem in question by the planar element and shows it who's boss, and has authoritative bass without any EQ or tone control. But that's a pita to use on the go. (And the difference is not subtle. W/the PowerDAC V2 it is like turning on a sub-woofer while listening to a set of speakers)

Would love to hear from any that have had reasonable or more time w/ fiio's thx am3d module driving ultra low impedance iems, and if it provides authoritative drive in the bass w/o needing excess power/volume and eq. Thanx!

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #1,752 of 1,931
is fiio planning to upgrade the Android Version of the m11p ?
The 7872 platform does not have the support for newer Android version, so we could not update the Android version for M11Pro.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 1, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #1,753 of 1,931
The 7872 platform does not have the support for newer Android version, so we could not update the Android version for M11Pro.

Best regards

What about compatibility with Apple Music at least?

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #1,754 of 1,931
What about compatibility with Apple Music at least?
The problem with Apple Music app is also related to 7872 platform. So it needed to be resolved by the Samsung company and we have reported to them before.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 4, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #1,755 of 1,931
I can't find any discussion of Android File Transfer here. It is now unusable with my main computer, a Mac Mini running Catalina OS. The app just freezes and I have to force-quit. Reinstalling it just give me an error message that it's incompatible with computer.

AFT is without doubt one of the weakest garbage applications still littering the IT world, even when it 'works'.

UPDATE:

You do not have to use AFT.

I found OpenMTP. I just transferred a few GBs of flac files from my Catalina Mac to my FiiO M11Pro - both internal and SD - quickly, smoothly, crashlessly. It almost seems like the 21st century with this thing!

It's free and open-source. It's described as some developer's answer to 'hopelessly outdated' AFT and its freezes and crashes. And it works with 64-bit Mac OS, at least in my case.

Hope it works for you guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back